The C8 Z06 Corvette sounds more Ferrari than Ferrari | Page 17 | FerrariChat

The C8 Z06 Corvette sounds more Ferrari than Ferrari

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Ngcanada, May 7, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Big surprise that a $70K car is seen on the roads more often than a $350K car. A PHD in economics is not required to arrive at this conclusion.

VAF84 and soulsea like this.
  2. Coincid

Coincid F1 Rookie

Dec 9, 2014
    Canada
    Great to hear about your wife's taste in cars.

jumpinjohn and Gh21631 like this.
  3. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
    #403 soulsea, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    People with fragile self esteem who purchase stuff to supplement their ego need to believe in the transitive properties of said stuff. In their heads if what they own is special/unique it makes them special/unique, and because they see themselves that way they judge others through the same distorted filter. It's funny to watch and super easy to market to.

Boomhauer and VAF84 like this.
  4. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    LOL, this cannot be a serious post....supply and demand run every market

5. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    I think you need to read my post again. I never mentioned cost.

I buy things I like, not just things that are expensive due to limited quantities or because of speculation that they will increase in value. o_O

6. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Not worth a re-read as it was a bunch of gibberish.....blonde, redhead, etc......we all buy things we like, that we can agree on.

7. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    Seems like you buy things based on supply or speculation of increasing in value...that's sad.

Boomhauer likes this.
  8. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Incorrect

9. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

They will absolutely sell more cars. The C8 still has their old school setup. However, this new Z06 is getting the attention of a wider audience, like yours truly. I was pretty ambivalent to Corvette's until the C7, but the C7 was cool, just not "I need it" cool. The C8 Z06 came out, and it peaked my attention even more. Again, just lacking a little something to get me to either add or replace against my F car. With what they've done, they've now created something I want to buy. Sure, Ferrari won't lose new Ferrari buyers, but the used car market will suffer, and I think that could impact the brand and resale value some. Good on them for replicating a sound and experience that Ferrari has abdicated.

AD211 and BJK like this.
  10. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    They reached the limits of performance with the front engine layout in the C7 ZR1. Sooo ...... Hey, at least they didn't go with a TTV6! :D

Boomhauer, hirpm, Senna1994 and 3 others like this.
  11. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
  12. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    catdog and soulsea like this.
  13. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Anyone who isn’t excited about an NA V8 making 670 hp at 8400 rpm isn’t really a car lover. They’re a brand lover.

Phil~, Thecadster, therryzsx and 14 others like this.
  14. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I'm curious about how expensive the Z07 will be. When looking at the numbers, the Z07 looks like it will be the car to have, if one really wants the performance people have been talking about.

Looks wise? Not feeling it.

15. FerrariCognoscenti

FerrariCognoscenti Formula 3

Jan 19, 2021
    East Coast
    I don’t buy that argument at all, the limits of performance being reached is just marketing speak from GM. From an engineering perspective, the ZR1 is no GT or F1 car — there is enough development room for another decade on the front engine platform, minimum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. kiryu

kiryu Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2016
    Los Angeles
    gave them 2 years to develop an exhaust that sounds like a 458, shouldnt be that hard sampling off a 13 year old ferrari lol. But yes that engine output is exciting, it's a shame ferrari is all downhill after the 458 in the sound department. Thankfully we still got the v12s screaming onwards

catdog, Ash Patel and VAF84 like this.
  17. Randyslovis

Randyslovis Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Randall J Slovis
    For what it is worth, I just put a deposit down on a new Z06. Will be a while due to start of production, any number of parts delays, and number of people in front of me. BUT, the deposit is down and my 458 spider days are numbered at this point.
    I have bought 5 new Ferraris but none recently. Dealer attitude, product, cost, quality all are unacceptable at this price point. If you are selling a "luxury good" as FNA likes to say, it is no way to treat the customer. Unfortunately people clearly have no idea what the difference is between luxury treatment and ego/sucker.
    Best

PA Wolfpacker and OSUferrari like this.
  18. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Are you saying this as a GM engineer with an intimate knowledge of the C7 platform?

Boomhauer and soulsea like this.
  19. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    She has always had better taste than I. I’m still amazed she married me!

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

20. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    Exactly this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ktu, TheMayor and Need4Spd like this.
  21. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    A sterling accomplishment. 670 HP with no boost aids. 4v per cylinder and DOHCs. Projecting sound forward via reverse flared tips and parabolic reflectors. No artificial sound via speakers or a pipe. Genius.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

catdog, VAF84 and soulsea like this.
  22. And don't forget, everyone.

The Z06 can fit a golf bag in the "trunk".

VAF84 likes this.
  23. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Underrated comment on the real sound. I can't stand piped in sound. If the manufacturer can't do sound right naturally, then don't bother, or at least allow us to opt out. Earlier this year I had a mustang rental, and the piped in sound got under my skin, I couldn't find a way to turn it off. The fact GM spent this much effort on sound, particularly getting back to the driver seat naturally, goes to show how serious they were about the details in this car.

Having said that, I will give a pass to the e-cars. Since they are not replicating the engine sound, I don't register the disconnect between what I expect, and what I hear.

Need4Spd likes this.