Scuderia exhaust | FerrariChat

Scuderia exhaust

Discussion in '360/430' started by Ahtim, Nov 10, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ahtim

Ahtim Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    HK/China/England
    Full Name:
    W
    I am struggling on deciding on what exhaust set up to put on my scuderia, I looked at Capristo header, 200 cat and rear muffler it seems it can gain a lot of torque and hp in the mid range, however I prefer the sound of Kline, I wonder if anyone done a dyno or Butt dyno on Capristo header , 200 cat and Kline rear muffler, how are the performance difference between the 2 set up?
    Thanks in advance

2. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    They sound perfect stock.

bzubi, sparetireless and docapl like this.
  3. Ahtim

Ahtim Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    HK/China/England
    Full Name:
    W
    Since scud is a toy, I do want the performance and sound to enhance a bit

4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    That’s pretty much my setup except I did 100 cell cats. 200 cell cats will kill the sound.

straight pipes added 15% more volume over 100 cell cats.

Get Inconel Kline muffler. Don’t go cheap on the Scud. I recommend Kline Inconel straight pipes. I also recommend Larini Inconel shielded headers over the Capristo headers. That should be a pretty sick setup never done before. And get a valve controller :).

5. DeTomasoGTS74

DeTomasoGTS74 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    clean512 likes this.
  6. Ahtim

Ahtim Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    HK/China/England
    Full Name:
    W
    What about performance? Any feedback compare to a full Capristo set up?
    I really need 200cell, other wise mot will be a problem, do you get drone on 100 or straight pipe?

7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Performance was noticeable in the low to mid range with Capristo headers, but not life changing. More response and power with the Kline X-pipe muffler added. No drone.

Full Capristo is a played out system. That was cool 10 years ago. You're simply getting a louder version of OEM, with minimal performance gains.

If you're gonna go full something, go full Larini with 200 cell, which is what @ttforcefed currently has.

Or if you must go 200 cell cat, Capristo or Larini headers+ S-line (non valved). Any valved X-pipe muffler, you'll kill the volume with the 200 cell cats, so opt for non-valved muffler. But you might get drone.

Capristo in Larini headers are almost the same design, except Larini headers have stepped primaries for better response. The inconel bespoke shields is also better for heat management.

8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Put it this way, if you put Capristo/Larini headers, straight pipe/100 cell cat, and a Kline X-pipe muffler, you car will feel like it has all the power it needs. Get an ITG foam air filter while you're at it.

9. Ahtim

Ahtim Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    HK/China/England
    Full Name:
    W
    I had a look at Larini headers, they are actually cheaper coompare to Capristo headers, would there will performance difference with 100cell/straight pipe compare to 200?

Can the Kline valve system work with the car’s oem valve system?

I guess I don’t have to use 200, since I could change the cats for mot

10. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Marginal performance difference between 200 cell to straight.

Kline muffler works with OE Valve system

11. Ahtim

Ahtim Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    HK/China/England
    Full Name:
    W
    And how do you solve the engine light with the 100 / straight pipe, can you use 02 extender to solve it?

thanks

12. Ahtim

Ahtim Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    HK/China/England
    Full Name:
    W
    From what I understand you do get a bit drop in low to mid range with 100/straight?

13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    You need the 45 degree extenders.

14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Figured I'd throw this out there as well. I ran Capristo headers + stock cats + stock muffler for a few thousand miles. I felt the most noticeable power gain when putting in 100 cell cat +Kline muffler. Which of those two parts contributed to the increase in response and power gain, your guess is as good as mine. No power was lost in any range (vs stock) that's for damn sure.

I have no experience with 200 cell cats. There is old data indicating going from 200 cell to straight pipes loses some initial response. IF that is true, the headers and X-pipe muffler more than make up for any potential loss. Car is super responsive with 100 cell or straight pipes in this setup. With a non x pipe muffler, perhaps different results. All I know is 200 cell cats will kill the sound, which is what Felix at Kline told me himself. If it did improve response, I can't see how it can be that much better than the setup I recommend. If the owner of Kline does not recommend 200 cell cats with their setup, what does that say? Means he tried it and didn't like it.

15. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    You also have to understand a valved X-pipe muffler is quieter than the stock Scud muffler. I guess the X configuration reduces volume while increasing pitch. Personally, I didn't think it had enough volume with the 100 cell cats. You will certainly be disappointed with 200 cell.

16. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Oh. Don’t get the Kline valve controller. Get Forza.

17. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Affirmative, Forza is great.

18. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    S line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Ahtim

Ahtim Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    HK/China/England
    Full Name:
    W
    Do hou
    Do you have any video or sound clip? I will get inc625 Kline muffler, can the valve of Kline muffler work the same as oem and add manually open and shut functions

20. jrodrig688

jrodrig688 Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2012
    FL
    Full Name:
    Jose Rodriguez
    Valved S line xhaust plus capristo valve remote

21. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Already answered your questions. Want to know what it sounds like… best to just buy it. Already gave you the winning formula after nearly a decade of research.

As for valved S-Line vs. valved Inconel Kline. They’re almost the same price. You want 304 Stainless steel, which is the bare minimum for a proper exhaust or you want top of the line light-weight Inconel that patinas beautifully and has far superior heat retention?

Do the math. Your money :).

22. Ahtim

Ahtim Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    HK/China/England
    Full Name:
    W
    I kind o
    I kind of feel that Kline are like akrapovic back 10-15 years ago where not much people know about it, but they made top quality stuff, I will go for Kline valve inconel and straight pipe to give it a shot.

ShineKen likes this.
  23. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Not sure about elsewhere, but Kline is well-known on Fchat for at least the past 5 years.

5 years and a few thousand miles later, the Kline Inconel Muffler looks better than it was new. You can still see the muffler box through the rear mesh, although not as tall as the OE muffler. Keeps more detail when looking from the rear.

Order Larini headers to go with it. Thank me later :).

* Last 3 photos are better photographed samples of Larini Inconel-shielded headers for my 355 just to give you a better idea of the quality you are getting. Other header pics are actual F430/Scud Inconel-shielded headers. Our cars run HOT. Spend the money to $$ to make it run as cool as possible and your car will thank you for it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Ahtim

Ahtim Karting

Nov 8, 2018
    HK/China/England
    Full Name:
    W
    Amazing piece of art, but from what I heard, Larini’s fitment are not that perfect on a lp670, and the Capristo ‘ s waiting time are shorter,