Your inspiring success story | FerrariChat

Your inspiring success story

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rhtky, Nov 24, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rhtky

rhtky Rookie

Nov 16, 2021
    Dear Ferrari Owners

I am a student from Switzerland. Besides my studies I also deal with shares (not in a big way).
    Since Ferraris are quite expensive and not everyone can afford them, I have a question for Ferrari owners: How did you build up your assets? How were you able to afford a Ferrari?

I look forward to your inspiring success stories!

forgottenkeys, paulchua and anunakki like this.
  2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I was born.

turned 28.

HUGE trust fund.

yup.

3. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    I pulled off six armed bank robberies, totaled $ 800,000, I did not get greedy, and I never got pinched.

Thank you

4. V4NG0

V4NG0 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Charles Edward Cheese

Attached Files:

5. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    I am the son of immigrant parents that worked their asses off and came to the USA with nothing. I faced racism, hardship, bit also met great people. Never took a dime from my parents or anyone and worked in corporate America making mediocre money compared to a lot of people posting here. It not about what you make, it's about what you have.

I always think how I can make others successful and I got pulled along by doing that.

When I saw people with nice things, I tried to figure out what I had to do to get those things. At one time I worked 4 jobs

Own real estate, if even just your primary residence, in a high appreciating area

Understand the difference between assets, liabilities, and cash flow. Learn the sweet spot for having assets and cash flow and what kind of liabilities are ok and what is acceptable to impact cash flow. Don't ever forget about taxes and how they play into things.

I found a bad woman and the divorce cost me a fortune. Found a good one and 2 incomes from a partner that works with you as a team mate for a financial goal(s) is so powerful. It's hard to do things alone in this world

Never apologize for having and wanting nice things. As long as you earned them and they are legal and don't hurt others. The best things in life are free, the second best things are really really expensive

Listen more than you speak. Be agressively curious

These are some of these things I did and do to build enough wealth to not only buy a Ferrari but to walk out of the dealership without giving them my social security number or handing over any money (came back with the money 2 days later). Reputation is worth a lot of money and you can't buy it

Sometime luck helps. Chance favors the prepared.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

Loxo, Nealo, Borrow’d Mine and 32 others like this.
  6. RWC58

RWC58 Karting

Oct 14, 2018
    Columbus Ohio
    Full Name:
    Robert W Crooks
    I could write a book about this and not really successful compared to some of the folks on this forum but I'm a middle class blue collar service technician that owns a 458 and never forgot that hard work and perseverance will beat brains and intelligence any day of the week . As you go through life --remember that .

7. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    My overnight success story took 20 years and 3 major failures. If you've got time for a coffee or beer, your choice, I'll share all the gory details. Well, most of them.

Loxo, Alex HH, john a barnes and 9 others like this.
  8. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Can I buy you a coffee?

john a barnes and Texas Forever like this.
  9. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Sure. But you should,come to S Cal where it's warm and if you do, I'll buy you one!

10. JJ

JJ F1 World Champ

Jan 6, 2010
    PA
    Full Name:
    Sweet, but the coffee is on me! I'll ping you next time I'm out that way. It'll be after the holidays.

11. Concretecomet

Concretecomet Karting

Oct 10, 2021
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Mike
    For me the key to success is owning real estate and keep your spending under control! I’ve known so many people that envy my assets, but actually have much higher income than me. I always tell my kids if your going broke with a small amount of money you’ll go broke even faster with a lot of money. Just what’s worked for me...

12. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

I just started working 24/7 and not look back. Married a woman that worked as hard as I did. I really didn't realize I was successful until I retired and started to worry if I had enough stuffed away to live on. My financial adviser called me a couple of weeks ago and said jesus christ......spend some money and have some fun. I will still live on my current frugal budjet anyway.

Sig. Roma, VAF84, jjtjr and 7 others like this.
  13. rhtky

rhtky Rookie

Nov 16, 2021
    What an inspiring story. Really. Thank you very much for sharing your experiences and your story! I would like to hear more of your journey.
    Maybe when I‘m in the usa :))

john a barnes likes this.
  14. rhtky

rhtky Rookie

Nov 16, 2021
    I will remember that, thank you!

15. rhtky

rhtky Rookie

Nov 16, 2021
    I would love that! If I'm ever in your city, I'll be in touch and buy you a coffee :))

JJ likes this.
  16. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I was being quite tongue in cheek btw :)

Apologies. Couldn’t help myself.

In fact? Graduated college in 2008/9. A wonderful (hint, sarcasm) time in the USA to be released into the wide open world with $48K in student loans and sadly no real major or skill (large topic for another time…)

Moved to CA. Worked for Honda on the sales floor for a year to the day. Made absolutely **** money for 12-14 hour days. But had a blast. Slept on my friends floor for 8 of those months.

Moved back to the east coast, joined the Army in 2010 while accepting a 100% commission job off of Craigslist I had no clue about or what I was getting into.

I had about $48 to my name the day I moved home to CT. But a wonderful future MIL who allowed me to live and pay rent at her home (the upcoming wedding wouldn’t be until 2011).

Made $0 the first 3 months at the new job. Wanted to give up. But I didn’t. Then it all started clicking. Made a little money. Bought a house. Bought some cars. Made a lowball offer on a Ferrari..and it was accepted, so that’s how I bought my first one. Spent months and months away from home training, deployed 2015/16 to the ME. Came home. Kept working at the job. Deployed again 17/18, but home side (NY). Founded a start up in 2018 after a large “**** it” mental moment. Somehow we’re still afloat. Still haven’t figured out if I am successful or just lucky, or…?

I can say though, never stop moving or shaking or hustling. I sit here on Thanksgiving, and while it’s a few days “off”, all I can think about is “what’s next?” What’s the next move? Down time is the devils playground (mentally) to me. I MUST be doing something moving forward.

17. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Studied, studied and studied ….
    Nowadays people just don’t seem to have motivation or perseverance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xrayv8, Adamas, VAF84 and 6 others like this.
  18. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    Thank you for your service.

Lots of insights here.

I think many financially successful people are restless and never satisfied.

Life is a about balance and few are perfectly balanced. You have to watch this attribute that may make you a lot of money. I am trying harder to be more ststisified with things and to appreciate what I have more. It's counter intuitive for me and I am just starting this in my 50's.

I don't regret constantly hustling as it was necessary. I also look fondly at the times imdidnt have a lot of money. I remember them as good times and I have many fond memories during those times. Also, how can you appreciate nice things if you never had crappy things?

To the OP Try to enjoy the journey, reflect on it, help others as many will probably help you.

Xrayv8, VAF84, CottonCandy and 7 others like this.
  19. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    First job after HS was a janitor. Got married at 20 while still a janitor. Both the wife and I started college at age 23, finished at age 28 with a Mechanical Engineering degree and the wife an Accounting degree (I went back and received an MBA later).

Adopted 2 sweet daughters from Russia in the 2000s.

Car wise, owned 4 Corvettes (one at a time) and a Porsche Turbo before deciding to try an exotic. Wanting to pay cash, took 9 years before buying a first exotic in 2014 ('99 Lamborghini Diablo Roadster for $120k). Liked the journey so did it again, saved 6 years and bought a '05 Ford GT for $182k cash in 2020. Now want to buy a 3rd exotic as a retirement gift in 4-5 years.

For me, the car journey has been about setting goals and developing a plan that fits into the other priorities in life. Just a regular middle class existence.

Loxo, Adamas, john a barnes and 9 others like this.
  20. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    I think it is awesome that you replied to all of these people and set up some next steps. Remember, if you say something , you MUST do it

A lot of young people would not have even replied after asking the question and reading the replies.

Keep it up

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

21. rhtky

rhtky Rookie

Nov 16, 2021
    Yeah I hear that a lot! Thank you very much!

22. rhtky

rhtky Rookie

Nov 16, 2021
    I think that is the best advise you can get „spend some money and some fun“. But well earned!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

23. rhtky

rhtky Rookie

Nov 16, 2021
    This story is way better then the first one! Keep it up! But I feel the same. I always have to do something to move forward too!

We don‘t celebrate Thanksgiving in Switzerland but Happy thanks Thanksgiving to all of you! May your blessings be multiplied this year and throughout all your life.

19633500GT likes this.
  24. rhtky

rhtky Rookie

Nov 16, 2021
    Absolutely! I think the people who aren‘t motivated or without perseverance haven‘t found their determination and goal yet. But that is okay as long as they‘re happy.

25. rhtky

rhtky Rookie

Nov 16, 2021
    Thank you for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app