f8 bubble / pricing | Page 3 | FerrariChat

f8 bubble / pricing

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Dapuma, Nov 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dijit

Dijit Karting

Feb 4, 2017
    Hampshire
    Full chat? Yes on warm tarmac and warm tyres. Incredible! Don’t even think about it this side of spring in the UK. ;)

Dr123 likes this.
  2. Dijit

Dijit Karting

Feb 4, 2017
    Hampshire
    …but not done Ferrari training.

Dr123 likes this.
  3. Dr123

Dr123 Karting

Oct 24, 2021
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    David RANDALL
    Hopefully there will be some driver meets in Scotland next year then! Look forward to meeting some of you.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

4. BigJay2050

BigJay2050 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2014
    Only some of us? ;)

Dr123 likes this.
  5. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I totally agree with all of this. I’ve seen this same thing happen in other industries too. Also we have to remember that the people on this forum are an extremely small percent of who actually buys these cars. Inflation will come and go and the pricing will fall back in line.

This is why I am so torn on selling my 488. Part of me does not want to be with out a Ferrari other part says sell now!…I will be honest…I do not have the income and money some here have so I stretch a little to play with these cars. If I can sell my 488 now and get out what I paid for it maybe make $10-$15k and wait a year or 2 to get a F8 or 812 when things get back in line that’s what I think I should probably do. However who really knows, right?

blkdiablo33, ScrappyB, Chizz and 5 others like this.
  6. Art138

Art138 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 22, 2007
    Ft. Lauderdale
    I guess there are no guarantees….I think F8 prices will fair well in the future based on them being the last ICE V8. Why not enjoy your 488 and see what happens in two years.

mdrums, blkdiablo33 and Chizz like this.
  7. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    The F8 is the best car I have ever owned. It does so many things so well, it’ drop dead gorgeous, has an updated interior, rides well, handled great and the power blows you away.

I think it is one of the best Ferrari’s for sale right now. (Or should I say recently for sale). I love mine and will probably keep it even when my SF90 Spider arrives.

8. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Not that it matters to me and my personal ownership cycle, but I am bullish on the pricing of ICE dinosaurs staying buoyant. The most important factor that determines resale value (and it hasn’t really been treated in this thread) is the price delta between the last generation and newest generation. With inflation burning hot, the 2023-2026 cars will come with significant price increases. That factor alone will prop up the last generation. For example, if a new 296 is $600+ in 2025, will the Pista/F8 really be available for $275ish? Add to that, many people flat prefer ICE (I’m in that camp). Full disclosure, I am deeply biased, owning a full compliment of end of era ICE cars (812, 765LT, Pista, 05 Ford GT, 17 Viper ACR, STO inbound, 812 GTS on order) and I plan to have those in my fleet FOREVER.

Mathes, mdrums, blkdiablo33 and 4 others like this.
  9. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    I know you were just giving an example, but the Base price for the 296 is $308,351 as of right now. Nicely optioned is $375k. That price will certainly increase but I doubt it will be by that much. Notwithstanding, I agree with the principal.

10. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Someone will be left holding the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. cavsct94

cavsct94 Karting

Aug 26, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Buy what you want to drive and can afford. Nobody can predict the future. I've driven the F8 and it is an amazing car. So is my 458 Spider... Maybe it'll go up in value... maybe not.

x599 likes this.
  12. Runfast

Runfast Rookie

Apr 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Todd Flemming
    I have a 2021 that I ordered “pre pandemic” it took quite a while. It’s a very unique spec and I’ve only driven it 200 miles. I have a GT3 Touring on order. Not sure if I should hold the F8 or sell it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

iMrMark and mdrums like this.
  13. jjp11

jjp11 Karting

Sep 1, 2013
    Nobody can predict the future. One unknown variable that hasn't really been mentioned is what the cost of gas is in the future. If government tax brings gas prices to $10-20 a gallon (ignoring inflation), what will the demand for ICE be then? The novelty of owning ICE will wear off very quickly.

Sent from my SM-G981V using FerrariChat.com mobile app

willcrook likes this.
  14. Runfast

Runfast Rookie

Apr 8, 2021
    Full Name:
    Todd Flemming
    I think that high prices will only make late model combustion engine vehicles more rare and more collectible. I have a Porsche Taycan and it’s wonderful Technolgy but trust me it’s just not the same (Think Vinyl records vs digital)the whole reason I ordered a Porsche GT 3 touring with a manual transmission is that within a few years they should be exceedingly rare As electric vehicles and automatic transition transmissions become the standard

430jm likes this.
  15. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    When I howl past a bored Tesla driver in my 458 S, that look says it all. As does the look on my face.
    They aren’t going to go down in price.

vonbeeler, JTSE30, evo3 and 6 others like this.
  16. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    Do you own one of these cars? I wouldn’t care if gas went up to $20 a gallon. I’m only putting 5000 miles a year on my car. I would gladly fill up my F8 for my weekend get aways. So cathartic it is worth every dollar.

17. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    In nominal dollars, the price of gas will reach $10+ pretty quickly. In real dollars, gas will stay much the same. Americans would run the politicians off with pitchforks were gas to go over $10-20 in real dollars.

F2003-GA likes this.
  18. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Agreed. 3 years of 10% price increases and that $375 is right at $500. I just think the rising inflation tide will lift, or least support, all ships, especially end of era ICE cars.

Chizz and ScrappyB like this.
  19. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Rookie

Jan 30, 2013
    I think the 296 is faster (at least 0-200 km/h), looks not bad at all and hopefully has a better sound then the F8 (not so difficult). According to Ferrari the 296 gives the most pleasure on driving and it has certainly more power then the F8.

F2003-GA likes this.
  20. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    At the risk of turning this into a 296 thread, of which there are many, there is significant cohort of enthusiasts that can’t get with the electrification of cars.

I previously posted this comparison on a different thread. I used Google to find dry weights. I looked for consensus, which I why I did not include the F8. I’m not sure why, but there’s a variance of opinion regarding the F8’s dry weight. For anyone who has driven cars, you know how important weight is. It’s impossible to blunt the effect of weight. No amount of electronic sorcery, power/weight ratios, suspension tuning, or advanced tire technology can make fat cars feel thin.

765LT - 2,709lbs
    STO - 2,951lbs
    Pista - 3,054lbs
    296 GTB - 3,234lbs (in the Assetto Fiorano specification)
    GT2 RS - 3,241lbs
    SF90 - 3,461lbs (in the Assetto Fiorano specification)
    SF90 - 3,527lbs
    812 - 3,594lbs

I’ll say it again, a hot-rodded 750hp V6, 2900lb dry weight 296GTB would have got my attention, and my dollars. The aforementioned car could have been built.

willcrook likes this.
  21. Dorin Candea

Dorin Candea Rookie

Oct 10, 2018
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dorin Candea
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    I like the F8 , drove the Tributo and the Spider
    Both real nice cars
    I am staying put for purchasing any new or slightly used cars for now
    I own a 458 and my wife has a Cali that we are happy with ( I know not the power of the néw cars) but still love ours

430jm, F2003-GA, Thecadster and 2 others like this.
  22. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

I plan to weigh my Tributo ASAP. Suspension lifter, forged wheels and race seats are the only +/- options. Car will be bone stock.

Dorin Candea likes this.
  23. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    You should love them! Beautiful and great cars!

Dorin Candea likes this.
  24. Chizz

Chizz Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 21, 2017
    Atlanta
    It has to have more power because it is heavier. If you look at the stats the F8 is still quicker. I discussed this with the Ferrari Rep at the unveiling.

stretchgeneral likes this.
  25. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    One day in a time far, far away, they will outlaw not only ICE cars, but self driven cars. My grandchildren, will be loading up my F8 in a trailer, pulled by an electric self driven truck, to the closed track. There they will fill it up with $1000 a gallon gasoline and will drive around at speed, having the time of their lives. The track of course will be enclosed in a large glass dome to keep the noise pollution at bay and to vent the CO2 into a scrubber system to eliminate the pollution. But for now and for many, many years to come, I will enjoy my F8 and enjoy the fact that it is not a hybrid.