812 Replacement Rumors | Page 15 | FerrariChat

812 Replacement Rumors

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by Thecadster, Jun 29, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    Too early to answer !

2. mepassione

mepassione Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    When you say fewer than 1000 cars registered in the EU per year does that mean that they won’t be able to produce more than 1000 v12 per year in total or does that just apply to Europe in which case they can continue to produce 2000+ V12 per year? And as a result all other cars will be electric only no hybrid?
    And also does that constraint apply from 2025 onwards? Is that the cutoff?

F2003-GA likes this.
  3. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Can you reveal your source of info so we can get more detail please ?

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I can only tell you that it was someone at the factory. I cannot tell you who or where.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

F2003-GA likes this.
  5. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    Surely when they start selling the Purosangue the number of cars per year will exceed 10,000 right? And the 296 now probably replaces the V8 range and likely to sell in higher numbers as well.

6. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I don’t think they will be selling huge amounts of the Purosangue judging by the price and the purchase criteria.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  7. 350MH83

350MH83 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2014
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Max
    It seems crazy to me that they would restrict who would buy a Purosangue. Maybe the V12 one will be more difficult to get as to stay below the EU limits, but for the V6 hybrid, I would imagine anybody who walks in with enough cash will be able to get one, as it is already the case for the 296 or the SF90.

Caeruleus11 and Thelovelyrock18 like this.
  8. mepassione

Aug 17, 2019
    Full Name:
    Passione
    I would have thought this would be a rather high volume car for Ferrari and that they would sell as much as they can based on demand rather than being a limited / select vehicle?

9. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    https://ec.europa.eu/clima/eu-action/transport-emissions/road-transport-reducing-co2-emissions-vehicles/co2-emission-performance-standards-cars-and-vans_en

See this section from the link above:
    Exemptions
    Manufacturers responsible for fewer than 1 000 cars or fewer than 1 000 vans newly registered in the EU per year are exempted from meeting a specific emissions target, unless they voluntarily apply for a derogation target.

Number of vehicles registered/sold outside of EU does not matter to EU, only within EU...and though current derogation language does not speak of 100% electric vs combustion, it is presume any such SVM would clearly differentiate that to make it clear to the EU rule makers...so, yes, if Ferrari sold fewer than 1000 combustion vehicles in EU they would be exempt from emissions compliance (and if Ferrari wanted to sell 1000 or more vehicles into the EU each year the remaining models must be only electric.

As for derogation end-dates, none are indicated, so presumably they will be continued, however, the specific language of Euro 7 (emissions regulation) does not yet exist...

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  10. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    The schedule is 5000 over the full production cycle.
    It won't be limited and those who want one will get it.

11. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    I’m going to be curious about the SUV. Already told my dealer we are potential buyers, depends on engine and design. But a V12 SUV is going to be hard to pass up

12. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I would have preferred that they make a modern interpretation of the 400/412, rather than an FUV ...

ohno, Caeruleus11, F2003-GA and 3 others like this.
  13. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    Moms of the wealthy world gotta have something to drive other than a VW suv product.

14. khal360

khal360 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2005
    FUV will account for 60% of sales, just like Lambo IMHO.

15. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Well around here, Range Rovers are quite popular.

430jm likes this.
  16. 9nb

9nb Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2012
    Range Rovers and G Wagons are so popular where I am, that I asked a dealer when I can get the next Range Rover, he said the next shipment is all sold out and the earliest is December 2022 if I put money down now, same for G Wagon .. I doubt it’s the same for Bentaygas and Cullinans but it might be. Ferrari would be insane not to want to capitalize on that and have a money making machine that will provide financial stability, we saw that during Coivd, sales skyrocketed, there is a lot of wealth out there and every manufacturer wants a piece of the pie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thelovelyrock18 and wrs like this.
  17. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I am on my fourth RR. The first two were sports and the third was a v-8 full size. This one I bought last fall in October for $168k with a sticker of $183k. It had 3k miles and had been bought in June so it was only 4 months old but I still got a good sized discount. If I sold it now, I could get more than I paid for it. I really like it, I have the AB SVO with not much in options because it already has so many built into the price.

18. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    IMHO it is a mistake to compare Land/Range Rovers to the new FUV. The Landies are excellent off roaders, the FUV will be a road car, costing 2-3 times as much.

I love Landies btw, best 4x4xfar. ;) People who don't take their Landies off road don't know what they are missing.

19. nvz

nvz Rookie

Jun 1, 2019
    Full Name:
    Nikhil Vazirani
    I'm pretty sure the 812 replacement is going to be similar to a front mid engined SF90.
    The SF90 is already priced above the GTS, so its evident the NA V12 is already not the flagship anymore.

Ferrari had already announced on their capital markets day strategy presentation a couple years ago about their future line up strategy being split by customers use. If I recall it was 4 Lines: GT (Roma, GTS), Sport (296, SF90), Special Series (Pista, 812C) and Icona. The analogy they used was something along the lines of the 250 GTO and the 250 Lusso sharing the same heart but different applications so it would make complete sense for them to re-use "sports" powertrains on their "GT" cars and this would fit perfectly above the Roma.
    The Ferrari front engined GTs have never been light by any scale and while this might be important on the sports series, those are already hybrid too.

The Icona and Special Series may no doubt use NA V12s but that's not a true replacement to a range V12 like the 812.
    But then again if they want to justify the prices and specialness of those limited series then they just can't offer the same powertrains in series production cars at a fraction of the price.

I heard they are planning a new capital markets day in 2022 so lets see what the future holds...

Personally I love V12 GTs, having owned the Vanquish S, F12, 812 and now the GTS and while I would love another NA V12 I just took delivery of my Roma last week and it might be the best GT of them all.
    Most likely the GTS is the last NA V12 series production Ferrari in my opinion so ill hang on to my straight piped GTS for a while!

Shack, Caeruleus11, RamsHmb and 3 others like this.
  20. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    I would not compare the two at all. The RR can be very luxurious and mine is but what I like is that I can take it to the oilfields or to the woods. I go both places.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

tomc, 430jm and REALZEUS like this.
  21. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
  22. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Yeah lot's of women drive them around here, the Raptor is more for the guys but I opted not to pay over MSRP back in 2014 when I bought the first RR.

23. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    #374 ScottS, Nov 29, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2021
    Those are roads. Unpaved and flat but roads. Not the absence of roads.

These show off roading
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

wrs likes this.
  24. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    True it's pretty flat but those "roads" are often just two deep ruts. You can see that with the "road" I am on with the white RR. It's raised because the ruts can get axle deep on those "roads" out there in West Texas.