Ferrari Monza SP1/SP2 book | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Monza SP1/SP2 book

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Buchpilot, Sep 11, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    It is hardly understandable why Ferrari does not number the books individually ... But as they haven't been shipped yet, still there is time for Piero Ferrari to sit down and sign and hand-number them ;)

As far as its size is concernd, very good point by Rosey! Its the same with the (neverthelss) fantastic Jota Edition - the whole set is so monumental that my wife got a mental breakdown and that I had to look desperately for a place ...

Rosey likes this.
  2. Juli

Juli Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2014
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Julian
    The first books are already shipped to the Monza owners.

Monza owners had the first right of refusal.

Buchpilot likes this.
  3. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK
    if they sell all 500 it's $2m worth of revenue

I think some owners are expecting the car to become a classic and might feel the book can add to the package when selling further along down the line

Manda racing and Castlemount like this.
  4. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Maybe that's why they are all numbered 001/499.

Otherwise the Monza owners would have bought all the lowest numbers or their specific build number and only left the "average" numbers for the general public.

For $4,000 a book, this way everyone gets the same desirability.

Buchpilot likes this.
  5. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    It isn't just the space, although that is certainly an issue. It is the practicality of trying to read a book you can hardly lift! Perhaps all these giant books should come with a handy paperback version containing just the text so you can actually read them whenever and wherever you want and then sit down and enjoy the experience of the full size version separately.

Rosey, Buchpilot and bloomberg like this.
  6. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Agree.

Without getting off the topic too much Opus offered an online app style version of its tome that made a lot of sense considering its size and weight.

I've also said from day one Kidston should sell an online version of the Miura Book to satisfy the demand of those who missed out but would love to read it without annoying current owners with a reprint.

Nembo1777 likes this.
  7. bloomberg

bloomberg Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2011
    The only (as far as I know) 'hyper' book to offer an extra paperback for comfortable reading:

[​IMG]

Foto: Marcel Massini, page 39 official book collectors thread.

8. lambdaman

lambdaman Rookie

Jul 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    David Egan
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. lambdaman

lambdaman Rookie

Jul 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    David Egan
    For legal reason Chris was not able to publish this title as a standard edition so it was published as” Sports car heaven”.

10. SmokyDave

SmokyDave Karting

Jul 13, 2015
    England
    Huh, that's interesting. I was wondering why there would be two books by the same author on the same subject, although that's not unheard of by any means.

I have Sportscar Heaven and it's wonderful.

Lusso123 and Rosey like this.
  11. bloomberg

bloomberg Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2011
    The difference is that the 'hyper' book is far more detailed, and the packaging is 'non plus ultra'. Nothing to do with Taschen & Opus.

Rosey, Juli and SmokyDave like this.
  12. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    Can you tell me any details about the brochure? Printing number? I tried to find out something but didn't find any information.

13. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    I posted weeks ago already that the "brochure" does not have a printing number.

Marcel Massini

14. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    Strangely, the price for the Monza book has gone up from 3,600 to 4,250 euros in the Ferrari shop! That could be an indication that it is a much sought-after book after all, despite our reservations and some well-deserved criticism. Or Ferrari just gambles and tries to get the best pre-Xmas price.

For me, that's it. I was still thinking about whether to buy it or not, but this new price is far over the top.

Lusso123, bloomberg and Rosey like this.
  15. vyprgt2

vyprgt2 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2005
    CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Strangely, the price for the Monza book has gone up from 3,600 to 4,250 euros in the Ferrari shop!>>>>>

That's odd- maybe it is country-dependent? Still says $4160 for US

16. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Guys

Consider exchange rates! Euro is completely in the toilet, so to speak. No surprise at all.

Marcel Massini

17. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    #42 Buchpilot, Dec 19, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2021
    The Euro didn't plunge that badly. Just from 1.16 to 1.12. And it would be strange if Ferrari denominated its products in USD and then converted into Euro. Should be the other way around Or do they think they are selling gold? Well, maybe they actually do (sell it) ;)

Dino2010 and LVP488 like this.
  18. bloomberg

bloomberg Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2011
    Whatever the exchange rate, the price is a nonsense!

LVP488, Terzeus1, ChoroQ and 3 others like this.
  19. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    +1

20. vyprgt2

vyprgt2 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2005
    CA
    Full Name:
    John
    #45 vyprgt2, Jan 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2022
    Finally got my Monza book. I haven't had a chance to read it fully, just unbox it and flip through it....but, first impressions are that it is very, very nice.

The carbon fiber covers are just spectacular. The paper is very high quality. The endpapers are really well done.

The first half of the book is full of historical information and lots of text. Many of the photos are just gorgeous.
    It's a great reference and a work of art at the same time.

Manda racing, simonw and Buchpilot like this.
  21. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    #46 Dino2010, Jan 12, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2022
    Got a handful of "teasers" of this extraordinary large-format book that celebrates a legendary Ferrari, sharing the inspiration, evolution and creation of the Monza SP1/SP2.
    This wonderful book, which is without doubt a collectors item, is an ultra rare, original Ferrari edition, it has the same size 34 x 42 cm = 13.3”x16.5” (just not as thick), with a selection of the same high gloss prints as in the "big" book.
    30 pages of text and gorgeous pictures, with an exclusive black, wrinkle paint-look hardcover, and a retro aluminium-look cover.
    Details:
    • Made in Italy
    • Number of pages: 30
    • Size: 34x42 cm
    • Glossy, chlorine-free, acid-free and FSC-certified paper
    • Four-colour HD printing plus four Pantone colours (plant-based ink)
    • Hardcover: black, wrinkle creased effect
    • Slipcase: retro aluminium look, prancing horses on both sides
    PM if interested.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Lovely book but at 499 copies not super rare, as collectable as any other Ferrari brochure and in my opinion grossly overpriced.

Dino2010 likes this.
  23. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    The big book is surely overpriced.
    My post is about the 'small' version, though it's the same size.
    It's a real beauty at a fraction of the price, and certainly one to collect.

Buchpilot, gt4me and Rosey like this.
  24. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    My apologies. :)
    Should have read more closely.

Dino2010 likes this.
  25. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran