For Sale - 1990 Ferrari 348 TS Gated 5 Speed Red on Tan Leather | FerrariChat

For Sale 1990 Ferrari 348 TS Gated 5 Speed Red on Tan Leather

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Kingshawn1234, Dec 18, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kingshawn1234

Kingshawn1234 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2009
    West Los Angeles
    Hello,

Selling my 1990 Ferrari 348. This is a great driver. Remains original, has a removable hard targa top. Its paired with its 3.4l V8 engine and 5 speed transmission. Has an updated radio that has bluetooth. It runs and shifts great. The clutch feels awesome. It's been in long time ownership in the west coast. The car has a small crack in the front bumper, rear bumper and also in the windshield which are fairly inexpensive to fix. The car has a clean title and Carfax. Its got the beige leather interior and Rosso Corssa red exterior.
    Feel free to reach out for any more questions or information

Asking $56,500

Thank you.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

308slegs, MRitter, one4torque and 2 others like this.
  2. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Nice car, maybe under-priced a tad if you have average miles on it. Should go fast!

FerrariTexas likes this.
  3. Yellow Compass

Yellow Compass F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 23, 2015
    NYC Area
    Full Name:
    Yellow Compass Supercars
    #4 Yellow Compass, Dec 18, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2021
    Hi Give me a call or text me so we can chat , i may have a client for the 348
    PS Mileage?
    Thanks
    Mike 973-610-7111

PeterS likes this.
  4. Kingshawn1234

Kingshawn1234 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2009
    West Los Angeles
    Cars got 63,000 Miles!

5. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Work a deal with Mike. He is very fair and will take your selling headaches off the table. Just make sure you are up front regarding any gremlins the car has.

6. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
    I was wondering when I would see these two cars pop up here. Been staring at them on FB marketplace for a while now

7. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    I wouldn’t call a new windshield inexpensive.. when’s the last time it’s had its scheduled engine out service? Does it come with recent maintenance documents?

chas-3 likes this.
  8. MarylandGuy

MarylandGuy Rookie

Jul 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul L
    I spoke with Shawn about the car yesterday as I'm very interested in getting into a 348 even if it is a bit of a project. He was very helpful and transparent about what he knows about he car. The windshield is going to run about $1300 parts + $500 labor based on my research. The car doesn't have any service records or knowledge of when any engine out majors were done since the prior owner is deceased and Shawn has only had it for a few months. Given the miles if I was going to get into this particular 348, the post-purchase costs/risks were too high for my experience level, but if someone has the access to parts and the ability to DIY the engine out, it could make sense. I just couldn't justify going in at $56k + shipping to the East coast as my baseline price knowing there was plenty more to tack on top of it. As with any sale, it needs the right buyer which I'm sure this one will eventually find.

2cam and eskamobob1 like this.
  9. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Great cat for the diy person.

I wish I had room!

10. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Are you saying a fair price for this car may be around $40K, maybe $45K?

bjwhite and Jakuzzi like this.
  11. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
    How did you get that out of what they wrote? 40k would make it the cheapest 348 sold in the past year by nearly 5 figures. Regardless if OPs asking is fair or not I dont know how you would even get a running/driving 348 with an interior to only be worth 40.

I think instead what they are saying is that the car make more sense for someone who can get/do a PPI to get a better idea and maybe doesn't need to pay for shipping across the US.

12. MarylandGuy

MarylandGuy Rookie

Jul 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    Paul L
    If Shawn will sell it for $40k, I call dibs!!!!!!!

Given no records or knowledge of service history, absent a fire-sale type price (again, dibs...), it is one that the buyer should get a PPI on and/or see in person to assess the mechanicals and physical condition of the body/interior. While I'm game for a project and leveraging this amazing forum to its fullest for DIY, not sure this is one that my level of experience would get me into for where it will likely land on price + shipping to the East coast.

SpencerMarks and eskamobob1 like this.
  13. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    'Brown' price guess, that's all :)

eskamobob1 likes this.
  14. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
    Did they even offer any browns on the 348? Idk I've seen one if so. I still hold that orange is the best 348 color though.

15. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    uuuhhhhhhhhhh, eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr.............A 'Brown Guess' is pulled out of ones.....................uuuhhhhhhhhhh, eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr...................................never mind.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  16. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
    Rofl. I knew what you were going for. Just brought up wondering if there were any brown 348s

PeterS likes this.
  17. SpencerMarks

SpencerMarks Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2017
    Woodstock, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Spencer
    Exactly, with no records it’s definitely going to need fluids, plugs, engine out, bodywork and a new windscreen. Probably new tires. At least 20-25k worth of work for a car that’s got 65k miles on it. With that added to the price it’s on par with 20-30k mileage Ts’s that have sold this past year.

18. PeterS

Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    LOL! Like when my boss says "How did you come up with that price"? I reply with "Its a 'Brown' price as he know where I pull them out of!

19. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
    Yah, but value hasn't ever been calculated by mint value - 100% of work needed. I wish it was (would make for some damn cheap cars for DIY types), but it isnt

20. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
    I sent the seller a PM with no reply. If anyone has his contact info shoot me a PM. Thanks

21. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Karting

May 9, 2020
    SoCal
    OP has had these listed on LA Facebook marketplace if you want to try looking there

22. xpensivewino

xpensivewino Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 26, 2008
    Simi Valley CA
    Full Name:
    Need to know basis
  23. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    I specifically asked direct questions too on the other car he has listed here as my friend tried to buy a car from him last year. No answer yet on whether or not either of these are actually registered to him. And I have a friend on the east coast who wants another 348, but there may be too much of a list of needs, plus a possible “pass through” on the title/reg, so, without those questions answered, it’s a pass at the moment too.

24. Kingshawn1234

Kingshawn1234 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2009
    West Los Angeles
    Hey,

Iv been responding to DMs and I responded on the post on my Dino about the registration if you read it. If you guys are serious about the car please PM me. I will be happy to answer all questions and be as helpful as possible VIA PM.

No the title is not under my name. I haven't registered it. I got about 25 cars right now so I dont register them all. If you are concerned about that I am happy to guide you through registration. As long as you have a smog it won't be a problem.