Historic Ferraris - Who owns them? | FerrariChat

Historic Ferraris - Who owns them?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by GeoffCapes, Jan 6, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GeoffCapes

GeoffCapes Rookie

May 25, 2018
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Buckland
    Following my Barn Find thread which has now been deleted by mods, I'm trying to track down a list or a website which will provide me with the last known owners of the uber rare models of the early Ferrari's.

As an example, the 125 F1, are the two made still owned by Ferrari themselves? Or are they in the hands of well known owners?

Is there such a website or list.

With more information coming out daily from the barn find, I'm beginning to wonder whether some of the supposedly 'lost' Ferrari's might be in this collection.

It's already uncovered a Bugatti EB110 SS in Monaco white (one of only a handful in that colour).
    A Maserati 250F.
    A Bentley race car (possibly a Blower).

Makes the Dino's in the collection look positively common! Ha ha!

2. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    I don`t know any website that is referring to barn finds only!
    Interested in more details about the EB110SS and the 250F.

3. GeoffCapes

GeoffCapes Rookie

May 25, 2018
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Mark Buckland
    Not necessarily barn finds, but there must be a register somewhere of old Ferrari's. That way the 'missing' ones can be identified?

As for the EB110 SS, it is in Monaco white, a colour where only 4 or 5 were made, ultra low mileage (less than 5,000kms), will get pictures once I go over to Italy in a couple of weeks. And more importantly drive it!

The 250F, is currently white sporting the number 38. The log book is being couriered to the UK as we speak, and I should know the Chassis number by tomorrow.
    Once we have that, we will be able to ascertain its history. It's been in the warehouse for the last 20 years.

If it is the car I think it is, it will be one of the most famous 250F's. Having said that, they only made 26 (or 28 depending where you read) so they're all very special cars.

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The only website that sort of tracks users of classic Ferrari is barchetta.cc but from what Ferrari Historians have told me, it's not really accurate all the time.

5. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Suggest we start with chassis numbers, please.

Marcel Massini

readplays, wbaeumer and TTR like this.
  6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Should have said owners not users. Too much time writing tech requirements.

7. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    As of the 250F: I just checked the race no. 38 and have found several cars bearing this no in various races - but all these cars are well known by its location and history.

8. 375+

375+ F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2005
    Are all of the Cameron Millar cars accounted for?

9. wbaeumer

wbaeumer F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Mar 4, 2005
    The Cameron Millar cars are not all accounted. But this are not "true" cars made by Maserati S.p.A. Should the "mysterious" 250F be one of the C.M. cars then its value is much lesser than with the factory cars.

readplays and 375+ like this.