SCUD pricing guide | Page 109 | FerrariChat

SCUD pricing guide

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Clabby93

Clabby93 Rookie

Jun 13, 2019
    Full Name:
    Clabby
    I don't believe it sold, but it sounds like they're raising their price even higher. I assume they either saw the BaT results, or suddenly got a few phone calls right after the auction ended.

2. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. DeTomasoGTS74

DeTomasoGTS74 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    $301k with buyers premium. Good to see one with paint work over $300k.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

tonyswfla likes this.
  4. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I know everyone is focusing on paint work ..but realize it could have very well been at port entry .. they mentioned due to paint thickness gauge iirc not accident or insurance claim

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

5. patina

patina Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Lake Norman, NC

These things happen.

6. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Good point. There was a guy who posted a decade ago here and laughed at all the nit picking on "paint work" on used Ferraris. He claimed he worked at the entry point in NJ for FNA and said we would be shocked at the number of cars that got touch ups and even complete panels reshot, due to shipping damage or poor quality control.

LARRYH likes this.
  7. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    Actually i have seen it with my own eyes ..But the shop is top in nation

8. bart12

bart12 Formula 3

Nov 6, 2008
    The River runs through it
    Full Name:
    MD Leo
    As soon as I read this thread about the BaT SCUD, guess what(?). I got a text from my buddy car dealer inquiring about buying my SCUD.

9. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    To me the scud has been tremendously under valued for the last many years they are an exciting car and relatively rare . The USA cars came with all the carbon fiber standard . The sf2 transmission makes the car a lot of fun too drive .It is great looking and the best sounding V8 Ferrari has ever made ….

10. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I wanted to add one more item in glancing through this thread I see everyone is hung up on production number of scuds vs CS I know there were more scuds made but have no idea how many more but the series is the CS the SCUD then the SPECIALE then the PISTA . I own a scud and a Pista … I know there were a LOT more speciales made then the
    SCUD…..I was offered three SPECIALS by my dealer …and they made a lot of PISTAs probably more than the other three combined. Yet i had to get mine used .. I say production numbers have little to do with the value of the SCUd and I think it is a more interesting car than all the others I mentioned for what its worth

Scuderia Niels and lewishou like this.
  11. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I think it was just 2009 that got all the exterior CF options standard. It was optional in 2008

Wikdstrate, flash32 and LARRYH like this.
  12. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    True

13. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    You are correct ..have two in family 2008 and 2009 ..one with and without

I understand that resale value is about 10k difference

14. DeTomasoGTS74

DeTomasoGTS74 Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2016
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Agreed. But for me I would, and did, pay more for a clean, non paint work car (regardless of reason). I would have to believe most would value a car that had zero paint work higher all things being equal. And this one was three panels…..

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

tonyswfla and flash32 like this.
  15. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    I would not pay a substantial premium for a car with no paintwork....chips, minor scratches, small dents will happen if a car is driven....which mine are, I can’t afford to own a car that doesn’t get at least semi-regular usage nor do I want one that is too pristine to drive.

AandSC, f355spider and Scuderia Niels like this.
  16. marknkidz

marknkidz Formula 3

Oct 7, 2004
    so cal
    Full Name:
    mark
    Hmmm... how many LOW MILE SCUD owners are now tempted to sell?? not gonna lie, it has peaked my interest!

who else is givin thought? dont lie! LOL.

17. SCIronMike

SCIronMike Rookie

Dec 4, 2010
    I would only sell my Scud if I could move up into a 458 Speciale. In the same way, I would only sell my manual gated R8 V10 if I could move up into a LP manual Gallardo.

marknkidz likes this.
  18. Clabby93

Clabby93 Rookie

Jun 13, 2019
    Full Name:
    Clabby
    Hopefully enough flood the market to keep the prices suppressed a little longer. Anyone want to part with a red one, let me know! What a week I picked to enter this market...

19. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

Have you driven a gated lp gallardo? They are AMAZING cars. I just don't fit well. My best friend had one (and I owned a pre-lp gated car for five years). The gated pre lp is really good, but the lp gated is absoultely another level. Soooooo much fun to drive. Too bad there are only like 45 in all of the U.S.!

20. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Have you ever driven a manual scud?!

21. Scottslaw

Scottslaw Formula Junior

Good point...but there is only one of those, and unless a certain someone gives permission for a certain well-used scud to get a similar treatment, I'm not sure I'll ever get the chance!

I will say this though...my scud is the very first "non-manual" sports car I have ever owned where I viewed the transmission as an asset rather than a liability. Its pretty awesome...when driven in anger, and I honestly wouldn't trade it for a manual under those conditions. But...just tooling around or driving like a "normal person," it would definitely be nice to have a manual since I derive so much joy rowing a manual even when I'm not driving like a madman. Does that make sense? Plus, I definitely would not miss all the pumps, actuators, accumulators, sensors, solenoids, pressure valves, power units, hydraulic lines, etc... that make the f1 system so damn complicated and at times temperamental! Does that make sense?

DeTomasoGTS74 and AandSC like this.
  22. Some Guy in the sky

Some Guy in the sky Formula Junior

Sep 19, 2018
    I actually have the work order for a bumper respray that my 360 needed when it was delivered to the original dealership. It has been resprayed since then and I am pretty sure I will respray it again in the future.

LARRYH likes this.
  23. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Im pretty sure you know the right guy!

Scottslaw likes this.
  24. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I have a 9500 mile 2009 scud and have no plans on selling it . It just a fun car

25. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Yup. What was interesting about this guys claim, these are being done before delivery, so the new owner is unaware.