SCUD pricing guide | Page 113 | FerrariChat

SCUD pricing guide

Discussion in '360/430' started by RichardCH, Aug 18, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Supply is not nearly as important as the ratio of demand to supply.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I see that but I think he knows how insult people just fine in English.

Flea7, mwstewart and f355spider like this.
  3. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    100% the transmission in the Scud/16m is a proper feature and an asset to the car.

Seems so much smarter to buy a manual f430 or modify a f430 to manual rather than a scud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Mmmmh. My manual scud is better than my cgt. I wld not say that if my scud were f1.

Themaven and ShineKen like this.
  5. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    You like your manual scud more than the CGT and that is great to each their own. However, that is very obviously a minority opinion.

On the CGT, found this quite interesting--this guy seems to have interesting benchmarks (maybe more than anyone I have ever seen). He has other videos with his commentary on owning the F1LM and regular, F50, F40 LM, Zonda S, 962--but here is the one where he speaks about the CGT. Posting in case people have not seen it.

6. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    So I just received a confirmation from a source INSIDE the Ferrari factory in Maranello as to how many Scuderia coupes were made in the 2008-2009 production run and it is 2,500 plus or minus a few cars.

7. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    same number i have heard since 2008, when they were trying to get me to take a new 16m

8. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I posted that number too many years ago and Scuderia09 changed my 2,500 to 25,000. Big difference but he insisted.

9. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    How many designated to the U.S? I'd imagine most ending up staying in Europe during 08-09 crisis, which would explain the low prices there.

10. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    Whatever else is true, TT’s post cannot be a minority opinion, because nobody else owns a manual Scud and a cgt.

It’s the only opinion possible, and he’s someone who has some seriously amazing cars, so it is an opinion that carries great value. Like Marcel Massini talking about a classic v a random other dude taking up the same amount of space

11. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    id be more than happy to have chris palmer drive my car if he's ever in NY area. scuds are a thrill in all forms.

12. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I'm sure Chris Harris would be more than thrilled to drive your car as well. Your car is exactly what he describes as ideal.

13. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    there were rumblings of this happening but haven't heard anything in a while...

redcaruser and ShineKen like this.
  14. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    I think the conversion from the F1 SF-II transmission to a manual transmission is not done because the F1 SF-II is "bad" but because someone are an absolute fan of manual transmissions or someone ist looking for the absolute uniqueness. I allow myself to emphasize again that the SF-II works excellent and is an absolutely unique selling point of the Scuderia. No other automated or fully automatic transmission (incl. double clutch) can generate so much emotion. The gearshifts under full load are to die for! I hope this statement is ok for you ttforcefed, because I appreciate your conversion, very interesting, even if I would never do this. I just want to avoid giving the impression that the SF-II is not good. Because no, this gearbox in the SF-II-config with its 60ms gearshifts is something of the best that has come out of Maranello in the last 20 years.

15. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    That doesn’t offend me! People like and respect different things. The enzo gets knocked for the sf2 so even amongst owners with the same transmission there are different views. There are 2 factors a stick brings - value and the experience.

If the cgt was sf2 it wld trade at half of what the price is. Hagerty says my manual scud carries a 100% premium to an f1 scud. We will never know the value until i put the car on BAT. A perfectly working manual scud is rare as ****, that no one can argue. The experience of my manual scud is amazing. It gets the power down way better than my cgt and from inside the cockpit the cgt sound is completely muffled. The clutch in the scud much more usable so when i combine those 3 factors the scud wins. An subjectively i have never thought the cgt was beautiful. Certain angles look confusing to me and im not a Porsche guy. To my eye the scud is beautifully sinister.

16. docapl

docapl Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 26, 2002
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    #2817 docapl, Jan 15, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2022
    Enzo was 6 years prior to Scud. Never driven one so can’t directly compare to my Scud, but I don’t think Enzo had the SF2 version of the F1 gearbox. My understanding is that only the 430 Scuderia, 16M, and 599 GTO had the Superfast 2 version of the F1 transmission.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

redcaruser and DeTomasoGTS74 like this.
  17. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    I think you miss my point. My point is not that one guy who converts a scud and has a CGT doesn't prefer it over a CGT. That is perfectly valid.

However, a sample size of one does not make anything likely to be true if you think sampling matters when it comes to statistics. More specifically, my point is that you are very unlikely to see other CGT owners agreeing that they would prefer the way a manual Scud to a CGT. I have driven a CGT and a Scud, and a 16M and a manual f430----all great cars... I can tell you the CGT is a completely different beast.

Manda racing and patina like this.
  18. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Pretty sure enzo has sf2. Definitely shifts faster than cs.

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Most CGT owners are dentist who can’t even drive stick

20. Leadfoot09

Leadfoot09 Rookie

May 30, 2010
    Monaco Motors has increased the salvage title 16M to $409K!!! Man, they are really trying to take someone! Caveat emptor!!!

21. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    I think that was true when they first came out—and partly the reason they went down in value so much initially. People couldn’t deal with the “difficult” clutch. When they ordered the car they thought it was going to be almost as easy to drive as a gt3 type car.

I am not so sure it is true anymore. They have found their way into enthusiast/collector hands over the years as far as I can tell. IMHO the market is now starting to really appreciate the car—at least they are assigning a value that makes a little more sense in a relative basis compared to like for like cars.

22. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Fair point

23. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    Shift times are as follows
    CS 150ms in race mode, much slower when not
    Enzo 150MS
    Scuderia/16M 60MS
    599 GTO: 60MS

redcaruser, DeTomasoGTS74 and docapl like this.
  24. redcaruser

redcaruser Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2012
    switzerland
    Full Name:
    daniel
    #2825 redcaruser, Jan 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    Galt is right, it has not the SF-II, with the Enzo, the switching times were specified as 150ms. This is a brutal difference! At the time of the Scuderia Kimis F1 switched in 40ms.

DeTomasoGTS74 and galt like this.