Beware of Cavallino 2022 changes and Canossa | Page 13 | FerrariChat

Beware of Cavallino 2022 changes and Canossa

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by garybobileff, Jan 12, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    tritone, jm2, steved033 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    But do you have the Red Book to prove it? That will be $40,000; thank you.

Texas Forever and EnzoItaly like this.
  3. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim

Looks like an athletic supporter on his head that’s been starched and ironed.

4. Capt. Rich

Capt. Rich Karting

Jun 9, 2008
    Palm City, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Richard Baumgart
    My first Cavallino was in 93. Have made them all ever since. That was the year the Breakers relaxed their dress code. I was the house painter from Chicago. I brought my new Valentino double breasted suit and was excited to be going to such a venue. Each year it has gone down hill in my opinion to where you have flip flop wearing towel draped people everywhere. Some may disagree with me but dress codes are not all bad. It does keep a certain level of appropriateness. I better stop, it sounds like I am writing a soap opera.

5. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Or Las Vegas

6. Capt. Rich

Capt. Rich Karting

Jun 9, 2008
    Palm City, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Richard Baumgart
    P.S. I did not want to imply this is the attire on the concours field. An Armani suit is more apropos.

jm2, Oengus and Texas Forever like this.
  7. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

308 milano, jm2 and Texas Forever like this.
  8. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    I will be sure to get one, can you tell me what the major service on a tortellini includes? Filling top off?

sjd

technom3, Bryanp and tantumaude like this.
  9. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    ...if you're wealthy enough to come dressed like that....maybe you're an EDM DJ.

sjd

jm2 and Oengus like this.
  10. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    I looked into attending my first Cavallino this year but ultimately decided not to because it conflicted with my racing schedule.

I'll be interested to hear how it goes this year before deciding if I will attend in the future. I'm pretty young (34) and have been into Ferrari road cars since I was a kid. It's always a joy to experience them and their diverse group of owners. As far as attire goes, I think less and less people...especially true enthusiasts of my generation are less inclined for the pretty formalities as virtually no one my age is interested in slacks and blazers. No matter how much money they have or what college they went to. Especially as a spectator at what is essentially a car show. Nothing at all wrong with it, and understanding certain venues have dress codes as to not detract from the assembly, I think that part of it is mainly just traditional, for some.

If the promoters are concerned (as it sounds) about the future of these kinds of events and the younger generations wanting to attend (as paying spectators and/or as entrants) I think it will go a long way to ensure a most welcoming environment for all. A lot of people have pre-conceived notions or stereotypes about Ferrari's and those who own/drive them. In today's society there are more and more people my age who can go out and buy a Ferrari, new or classic. That will never go away. We should want those people who are able and passionate about the brand to buy into it, but who maybe come from totally different backgrounds, to carry these kinds of events into the future and ensure more access to these cars for those who love them. When I was in high school I was usually (ok always) the only guy in a group of young car guys who was enthusiastic about cars that I had no access to. Hot rodding Mustangs and Camaros didn't really do it for me, neither did import tuners. I loved exotics, mainly Ferrari's, and that fire has never gone away. Even when people tried to sway my interests based on my blue-collar occupation.

Well, I'm right there now. The 360 Modena was my poster car as a kid and is now in my range. Reading threads like this make me wonder what the landscape for future Ferrari enthusiasts will look like. I know from experience, an owners interactions with the younger generation means everything in keeping that fire burning while growing up, saving money, working hard for a living and knowing one day they will achieve the object of their desires if they really want it.

Or, they'll say forget it and go buy a Mustang they can modify and have fun in without the wait.

These kinds of shows are important, but right now maybe a little bit too formal/exclusive feeling for the regular folks. Perhaps.

11. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Vegas was better when the mob ran it.

12. megamarco9

megamarco9 Karting

Dec 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco
    tru DAT

technom3 likes this.
  13. tomd308

tomd308 Karting

Jun 10, 2006
    gainesville florida
    Full Name:
    thomas dukas
    I keep reading about tortellini. Is that the new Ferrari model for the gold chain crowd?

14. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    No doubt: the Tortellini Quadruplo Compressore Speciale Miami Beach Exclusiva GT with neon lights underneath to make Instafluencers look good....

tantumaude and 308 milano like this.
  15. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    It's the V6 version of the SUV, with the full auto-drive and bumpin' stereo standard.

308 milano likes this.
  16. Max4HD

Max4HD Formula 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Florida
    Is that Jim Glickenhaus I hear laughing?

He who laughs last, laughs best!

Cheers

17. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Really? How did his anti-Cavallino turn out?

technom3, JAM1 and HotShoe like this.
  18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    would they roll out the red carpet now?

Texas Forever likes this.
  19. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    BANNED Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    The IAC/PFA has an easy card to play for 2023. No involvement unless there is no interference in the IAC/PFA judge selections and no interference in the IAC/PFA judging procedures.

JimEakin, GatorFL, of2worlds and 9 others like this.
  20. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I made a "veiled reference" way back there.....but I'm sure "not many" knew what I was talking about!!

21. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Pebble Beach 2021....see P4/5 in "Pininfarina Specials".....

22. Max4HD

Max4HD Formula 3

Jun 20, 2006
    Florida
    I doubt that he would give them the time of day.

The event at The Breakers is destined to disappear. Alienating the Tifosi and the very people who have contributed to its past success is not a good idea.

Greedily raising the prices to an astronomical height so only the extremely well off can participate is the nail in it’s coffin.

Those here schilling for such an organization should be ashamed of themselves.

Cheers

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I think Jim would be all over that, a big FU to John Barnes. Remember how much time, effort, and emotions were spent by both parties over a single car being rolled off a trailer at a track.

Texas Forever likes this.
  24. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Who? Canossa?

I'm sure they would if he wrote a big enough check. That is as long as they accept replicas. :)

jm2 likes this.
  25. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    BANNED Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    I have been through this before for another event - JG will want his replica on the show field presented as the real thing as a condition of bringing any of the real ones. As long as the IAC/PFA is involved, that is not going to happen.