Beware of Cavallino 2022 changes and Canossa | Page 15 | FerrariChat

Beware of Cavallino 2022 changes and Canossa

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by garybobileff, Jan 12, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Maybe I can sneak some out in my pocket and send them to you. If I can get 2 portions I'll send some to Simone too. He sent Leslie a very nice Christmas present. I should reciprocate.

Marcel Massini likes this.
  2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    By Fedex top priority first class, please. Feel free to have my Fedex account charged with all shipping costs........I love fresh handmade Tortellini.

Marcel Massini

EnzoItaly likes this.
  3. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
  4. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
  5. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
  6. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    They said he was the grandson of a cook that Enzo used, not a Chef, but a cook, big difference.
    Gary Bobileff

Rifledriver likes this.
  7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Whatever happened to beer and pizza? We’re car guys. We eat at Waffle House. You gotta love their cigarette ash garnish.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. garybobileff

garybobileff Formula 3
    Sponsor

Feb 5, 2004
    San Diego CA
    Full Name:
    Gary
    You never know, the " cook" may have had experience at the Waffle House, or the Italian version of Denny's is Dionisio's
    Gary Bobileff

tantumaude and Texas Forever like this.
  9. Rifledriver

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    Race track hot dogs. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

EnzoItaly and Texas Forever like this.
  10. megamarco9

megamarco9 Karting

Dec 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco
  11. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    Technically, that is tortelloni, not tortellini. Will the pasta judges be both qualified and independent this year?

EnzoItaly likes this.
  12. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Not if they themselves restore or sell pasta.

13. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    You don’t want to be classiche(w)ed up and spit out!

Texas Forever and JAM1 like this.
  14. JAM1

JAM1 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    FL, NY, and MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
  15. megamarco9

megamarco9 Karting

Dec 11, 2020
    Full Name:
    Marco
    Based on the photo of Norman placing the rather 'small and delicate' tortellini on his baking sheet (see first photo) these would not qualify as tortelloni, a larger type pasta... please note that I am only basing this opinion on what I observed growing up in an Italian family... If a proper judge, or expert, is required for clarification of this issue I would defer to more eminently qualified people such as the esteemed Marcel Massini or Gary Bobileff for final clarification. If they are using a 'machine that dates back to the 1920's' I stand by my comment that Gary will receive a call soon, not to judge but restore this fine machine.

Texas Forever and EnzoItaly like this.
  16. JohnMH

JohnMH Formula 3

Jan 28, 2004
    Dubai / Bologna
    I live half of each year in Bologna and my physical appearance demonstrates at least modest time spent in self study of the subject. To my limited understanding tortelloni traditionally meant a size over 5 grams and typically no sauce. However, I am the first to admit that I am not qualified to act as a pasta judge (including at Cavallino this weekend where I could not handle the pressure).

Were it my event, we would be trying the tagliatelle with cinghiale, but hey, that's me. Are there wild boar in Florida?

17. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    #368 IloveGT, Jan 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    so you ended up with two refunds, one from the hotel and one from Mr. Orlandini?

18. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I am on page 4 so far, and can't read it anymore.

$10 this thread will explode into something about covid, conspiracy theory, Desantis, and then it be moved to P&R later and someone gets banned. From page 4 onward, did anyone get banned yet?

I don't have classic Ferraris yet, but from a PR standpoint, when the proven new norm is that no news is bad news, this new event at Miami may come out more than okay. The strategy of OP may have backfired.

19. IloveGT

IloveGT Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 17, 2015
    I am quite impartial with this whole thing. I think the power of internet, besides its obvious ability to spread information or misinformation, also allows one to say things without any more regards about another person or family livehood in reality.

Freedom to discuss any event without fear of retaliation is crucial in democracy but to abuse that freedom hiding in anonymity is a complete different matter.

Why does this chairman have to defend his endeavors? It's because his reputation has been tarnished. We are all old enough in this society to know the wrath of our reputation being tarnished. Has this chairman robbed food from your table? Has he endangered your livehood?

It's a Ferrari, but it's just a car, a toy and a hobby. Not worth to destroy someone else's life for it. Do it the gentleman way. Don't buy the ticket as the way to protest if you choose to. No need to partake in a cancelling culture. Aren't we too old for that? You want change? DM him directly.

sigh.

The Singer and tonyswfla like this.
  20. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    The Pasta is for the paying guests, the judges will probably be on a table out in the kitchen, with the children and the waiters eating frozen pizza.

Texas Forever likes this.
  21. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    And the kitchen is in the parking lot next to the dumpster.

Marcel Massini

22. Marcel Massini

Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #373 Marcel Massini, Jan 20, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
    Nobody is hiding in anonymity here. Except a few that try to by using an alias name on fchat. If you can't stand the heat don't go into the kitchen.

Marcel Massini

23. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    Who are you and why does your profile not open?

It states:

"This member limits who may view their full profile."

If you are going to talk here then don't do so anonymously. As Marcel points out the ones who do are usually doing so with questionable motives. I am not stating that is your case but it is startling.

FYI as a long time contributor to Cavallino for many, many articles between 1992 and 2001 I will write Mr Orlandini in due time but now that the event is about to begin is the wrong time.

Thank you.

24. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    Getting dunked on with pasta jokes has got to start stinging after a while.

:D