Market Prices 575 Manual vs 575 F1 (conversion costs) vs 550? | Page 23 | FerrariChat

Market Prices 575 Manual vs 575 F1 (conversion costs) vs 550?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Ferrari55whoa, Oct 2, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dhalperin13

dhalperin13 Karting

Mar 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dan
    NE550 likes this.
  2. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Only options on this one are shields and spare tire. Definitely not Daytona seats. She has 550 Tubis and factory straight center pipes so she is going to be really (really) loud. Post AN 52556, so she has the goodies that come with the update and does not really need FHP. Looks nice overall.

Ferrari55whoa and SteveVT like this.
  3. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    Agree with some of the negative comments on the exterior pictures. They look too washed out and bland for Argento Nurburgring. Background makes it look even balnder. Pictures make big difference on BaT bidding. Someone who knows how nice they look in that color could get a good deal on this 575.

@dhalperin13 - Just replied to your PM.

Auraraptor likes this.
  4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    100k; not bad for relatively low-option car with 18s.

5. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Figured I'd keep the series going and do a quick write up on this 575 F1 sale today.....

The rising tide continues to float all the boats. @dhalperin13 @SteveVT and a few of our other friends have done better during covid. Seems odd for this to go for $100 but again.....market still climbs....

Dan, did you have any interesting back and forth with seller on the "contact seller button"? I saw a comment maybe to that?

I do like Argento...but with how well optioned many 575's are compared to 550's (generally) and how basic this one was.... I was really surprised for this one to go so strong.

At least 2 of the top bidders had zero history which is always "interesting".....I guess its also a little odd that the listed seller had no history but is a dealer that has been around for a long time.

SOLD for $100,000 on 1/20/22 out of Pompano Beach, FL
    2004 575M F1 ZFFBV55A440136096
    +) 18,841 miles -- Argento Nurburgring over Bordeaux w factory standard wheels
    +) I missed the Carfax (omitted?) to show how many owners.....not as many pictures as normal, weak video and light questions from the gallery.....
    +) Timing belt service at 18,816 miles (10/8/21) with basic fluids flush -- that was the only documentation
    +) unfortunate no clutch reading (while the question was asked they didn't provide it)
    +) only 1 key and allegedly 1 fob but they didn't say which one and didn't have the security PIN
    +) Stickies on the radio and light leather warping on the airbag. Bumper around exhaust tips cracking on both sides.
    +) Options: light...Taz mentioned it had the factory straight center pipes. Shields, spare tire, and also remote cd changer.
    +) 136096
    +) didn't see any threads here on the car
    +)https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-ferrari-575-maranello-8/

Always interested in thoughts.....or if the buyer checks in with us.

6. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    Eric,

You probably know this already but everything and I mean every-effin-thing is up from fertilizer to stake to sheetrock to houses. Even palm readers and message parlors (I've heard) have raised their prices. Why not Ferraris? The car I have been lusting after for the last two years (sorry not a Ferrari) has gone up by nearly 70% since late 2020. I think this 575 sold on the low side of current fair market price compared to what one in similar condition was selling for in late 2020. Had it gone up at the same rate as most other exotic/collector cars it would've brought $130k +/-. I think the buyer got an excellent deal.

Il Tifoso and Ferrari55whoa like this.
  7. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I get it. It’s amazing.

I’m excited to see niftyfivefifty’s car on BaT in the next few days….that one will “ring the bell”….

8. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    Will be watching out for that. Saw a brief interview with Wolfgang Puck on CNBC today. He said $100 stakes are here already. Not a big stake eater but kinda telling where things are headed.

9. SteveVT

SteveVT Karting

Nov 30, 2019
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I think this came in about right given where the market is at the moment. Seemed to be a very solid driver in a nice color combo. I think with better photos, a clutch reading and all the fobs, this could've grabbed $10-15k more.

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I wonder where Prozac is headed next, even those will be out of reach if this continues much longer.

11. Chupacabra

Chupacabra F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 30, 2005
    Behind a drum kit
    Full Name:
    Mr. Chupacabra
    I think the buyer did well (I don't know what BAT buyer's fees are). This is not the meteoric rise seen elsewhere by any means. If anything, it seems 575s are heading back to where they were four years ago, which I think is absolutely fair given the rarity, beauty, and usability of these cars. I'm sorry, but there is no good reason for acceptable examples to be $70k cars.

12. dhalperin13

dhalperin13 Karting

Mar 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Eric, I did get an email response from seller regarding my inspection question. The BAT listing did disclose "The selling dealer states the driver’s side quarter panel, trunk lid, and rear bumper were repainted under previous ownership." I found it odd that there was no dealer inspection report available for the car (either Champion or Track & Field who did the belt service). Per the CarFax and the service record posted to the listing, the shop that did the belt service on 10/8/2021 offered the vehicle for sale in 04/2020 and then Champion listed the car for sale on 10/30/2021. The car really hadn't been driven since 2015...too many questions for me to buy the car site unseen. I hope that the buyer reports back and let's us know that the car is fantastic!

NE550 and Ferrari55whoa like this.
  13. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Thanks for sharing. That’s bloodhound due diligence! ;-)

it’s a little scary spending that kind of money with no PPI. You and Steve and a few others bought at perfect levels where even moderate to big needs can be covered before getting to a $100k car that then might still have unknown “lipstick”.

fingers crossed for good luck for the buyer.

14. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    BaT buyer's fee is 5% up to $100k, then caps at $5K above that.

15. NE550

NE550 Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2017
    Omaha, NE
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Yep, I'd agree. Too many questions/stories on this one so $100K seems about right, more or less. Mediocre photos didn't help either. The market spoke on this particular 575M on this day on this venue (BaT).

16. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Exciting morning….. Nifty’s @niftyfivefifty 550 is up on BaT.

I’m expecting his car to pull a real strong number even as a driver given what we have seen recently. His sale might be almost perfectly timed? Can’t we be approaching the peak?

it will be fascinating to look back and see when the peak is/was.

niftyfivefifty, SteveVT and NE550 like this.
  17. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    Looks like a good start. Very nice pictures and video. Selling dealer seems engaged and representing it well. Should do well. Only thing that might put a drag on bidding is the California registration restriction that shouldn't be difficult or too costly to address if no codes are being thrown due to the exhaust mods. I would say something about that if I were the seller because according to my understanding Fabio's headers don't throw codes if original cats are kept.

18. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Problem is if the smog guy in CA paid attention then even if you put oem cats on and no check engine then just the headers is a fail.

agree that it takes the car out of CA technically unless someone had 2 houses and only kept it here part of the year ;-)

19. root

root Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 28, 2012
    Bay Area, Ca
    I know a few smog guys around the periphery of the Bay Area who have never seen a 550 and couldn't tell what an OEM header or any other exhaust part for that matter looks like. They don't even look under the car. They just hook the car up, look under the hood with evident puzzlement, verify VIN, confirm no CEL codes and Bob's your uncle.

20. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #570 Ferrari55whoa, Jan 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    I’m such a wimp for not having done the headers with cats like Terry……

I’m going to check in over on the Fabio thread as well….

21. Stand4x

Stand4x Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2012
    South Florida
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    I bought the aforementioned Argento/Bordeaux 575 from BaT - have been busy with Cavallino this weekend or I would have chimed in sooner. Car was local to me, so I was spoiled with the opportunity to inspect in person prior to bidding. It is indeed a very nice example and the photos do not do it justice. Only one fob (not the Red one), so a visit to ECU Doctors is in my future - again lucking out that they are also fairly local! Have to source books and tools as well, which are missing. Radio buttons I can de-sticky myself. The only flaw not in the listing is some additional dash shrinkage at the base of the windshield. All that is minor stuff, and I expect to put effort into sorting any car I buy - on the whole this needs very little to be excellent. I'm in love with the color combination and that is what sold me - I'm a sucker for red interiors (especially with black carpets) and 575s look amazing in silver. The car is a perfect compliment to my F355 Berlinetta. Taking delivery in the next day or so. I think these are still undervalued in the market today, and I am looking forward to many happy miles ahead!

22. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Matthew - I think you, and Root and a few others have commented…something like….”undervalued in the market” and that is one of the center points…..

There are SO many Porsches especially air cooled that are trading so much higher than Maranello’s…..it’s just non-sensical where the porsches are so much higher….because the V-12 Ferrari (including the 456) is such a special and limited run of cars compared to our German friends (and don’t get me wrong I love a Porsche but a V12 Ferrari is so much more special).

I hope you check in from time to time and share how things are going with your ownership experience.

grateful for you checking in — Eric

p.s. strange coincidence this post is my 993rd. A subliminal hat tip I guess to Stuttgart!

Chupacabra likes this.
  23. Qksilver

Qksilver F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2005
    Philadelphia
    Full Name:
    Joe
  24. Ferrari55whoa

Ferrari55whoa F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2005
    Los Gatos, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    #574 Ferrari55whoa, Jan 25, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2022
    A euro 550 and as I write this its at $175k? A car that can never live in California.....legally.

I get it that the barchetta 3-piece are valuable....standard seats with quilted shelf and some light "cosmetic needs"......i guess it has super low miles.....but I'm calling "shenanigans"? Will love to see where it lands. If this is not a manipulated auction then wow the market is tearing upwards.

p.s. had never heard of this site either (thanks for sharing).

25. Ffre92

Ffre92 Formula Junior

May 26, 2014
    NY
    Beautiful!!! Verde with 3 piece wheels. Game over. If I didn’t have my 575 already, this would be the one.