The Purosangue Thread | Page 98 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    I think you guys have it all wrong. Not Exactly what we were looking for but it will do and you will all buy one and fight for the right to get one first.

I personally will go tailor-made and get a bold color combination with a fantastic Livery and not be ashamed about having a wild matchbox car Ferrari SUV.

What I would really like to know is what capacity is this vehicle taking on the Ferrari assembly lines? And in lieu of what else? If they were 27,000 orders already on the books, and they could sell SF 90 spiders all day why build something else? The answer is diversification and margin. Of course when Porsche did it they increase their factory capacity significantly and therefore more profit was more profit in this case it’s different profit?

Spider68 and ANOpax like this.
  2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    So to increase margin they will build a vehicle that very few will be interested in at the expense of more appealing cars? In addition they will build this one cheaper in order to maximize profits? Doesn't make any sense. Some will buy whatever Ferrari puts out and in their clever marketing they are already telling prospects that these will be limited - I call BS. If it is what's pictured I have no interest. I will stick with my Urus and then go with the next iteration. I am hoping that the actual car will be more aggressive and cohesive. Other than the rear what we see here is a mess.

Forza Scuderia likes this.
  3. soulsea

soulsea Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    @soulseainsc
    People always freak out when leaks like this happen. I remember rennlist blowing a gasket when incomplete poor angle pics of the 992 were leaked. The car is now as liked and popular as previous generations.

I'll wait to see better pictures of it that display the design as a whole to decide whether I like it or not. ... but even if it looks like Adriana Lima circa 2000 I'm still not in the market for a half a mil SUV. I don't think I can count the cars that I'd rather have before this one.

Not that my opinion matters, my dealer has a list so deep that they've stopped taking order already. The only opinions that really matter are those of the people who have to decide if they still want it after the reveal.

But until that happens no need to get fussed over it because of a couple of bad pics. :)

-K1-, 9nb and ingegnere like this.
  4. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    They are totally going to price it to the moon and I predict it will be one of the hardest Ferraris to buy ever! I always try and guess how much above list the first few go for.. thinking the V12 hybrid.. hmm you think double MSRP?

MDEL and ingegnere like this.
  5. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    My friends keep trying to convince me of a supply shortage and I keep telling them its a demand rage mixed in with some supply issues! Crazy to see how many pre-orders they have quite amazing.

MDEL and ingegnere like this.
  6. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    I bet the options/price list on this model will the largest on any Ferrari. EVER! Just HUUUGE! :D
    $100K will just get you started. :eek:

Gh21631 likes this.
  7. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I bet.. and this is just me.. you may have to put some minimum options (AKA Pista) to even get the car.. many new comers to the brand will be shocked at this requirement. BTW love pics.. its going to look amazing, they will sell each and everyone of them.

8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    If it is that popular, will they do a 'Macan' version (with the FUV being the 'Cayenne')...a smaller version that is 'more affordable' or maybe full electric and leave the V12 to the 'full size' FUV?

9. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    I had predicted that to de-emphasize the relative bulk of the body to the tires they would use the standard trick in SUV design to visually “enlarge” the wheels by adding a black wheel opening trim—along with bulging wheel arches and fenders—and that said black trim would be, or could be optioned, in $$$ CF.

MDEL and italiafan like this.
  10. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    A much more radical design would have been a stronger way to go. The more I look at this … the more it could be a Hyundai if it were not for the badge. Ferrari seemingly blew a real chance to break the mold here by doing something like Ingenere’s concept sketch a few pages back where the body blended in with a body colored C-Pillar / rear buttress section and the rest of the cabin greenhouse was wrapped in a black glass canopy ala SF90 and LaFerrari. What a shame really.

11. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    If they do they’ll kill off one of the “car” models to keep production volume manageable. This, if they determine there’s more margin in an SUV and that they can better accommodate the weight and bulk of an electric power train.

12. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Thanks, and I agree.

This looks like just an SUV and not a really sporty, distinctive but convenient, raised pseudo 2-door GT that it could have been.

crinoid and Forza Scuderia like this.
  13. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Based solely on Day355's comments, they hadn't planned on releasing the SUV until December. So let's say the introduce the car in December, first deliveries are 10-12 months later. In the meantime they've cleared of 18-20K cars from the order books. Surely, those plans are somewhat foiled now.

14. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    Yeah seriously. Those patent drawings are kind of cringe.

ingegnere likes this.
  15. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

You nailed it, its super lazy designing and extremely predictable. Stick the front end of a SF90 and the rear end of a 296 on a Maserati Levante. But from reading the comments in the thread, people are going to by it in droves, which blows my mind..

pcht5 and ingegnere like this.
  16. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    If nothing else, it will be much easier to "hide" weight in such an electric vehicle without compromising the experience (i.e. heavy sports cars are not the best at maneuverability, braking, etc). But a truck...much easier.

So I could see where they would simply "transition" to a two truck 'family'...afterall, to me, it seems they already removed the 812-family (no future successor...yet) and the 812 is closer to being a GT car, after all, the Lusso was part of that V12 family...and it has already been removed from production...

Time will tell, could be 3+ years before that plan materializes...

ingegnere likes this.
  17. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    It seems pretty obvious to me that those “patent” drawings were someone “tracing” over leaked pictures of the actual car so as not to betray the fact they had pictures.

ANOpax, 456-boy and crinoid like this.
  18. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    This, like the SP3, another squandered opportunity.

19. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    Agree it will sell because it’s been proven that an SUV configuration is the most useful configuration, especially for a family.

But you’d expect that a guy wanting to drive his kids to school in a Ferrari SUV would want it to look like it just finished up the Monte-Carlo rally or the Dakar race and leave no one in doubt that this is something special.

ANOpax, JTSE30 and Chicko like this.
  20. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
    You mean the new P5 that isn’t supposed to be the new P5. ;-)

456-boy and crinoid like this.
  21. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

Ferrari are "phoning in" their designs and engineering these days. Its really sad. Every car they make is overweight and old architectures. Haptic buttons nobody wants and colourful screens don't make cars technologically advanced. I guess this was always going to be result when their main objective is keeping investors happy.

Enzo Belair and Senad like this.
  22. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    The two main contributors to the squandered opportunity is 1. Publicly held company and 2. Manzoni.

23. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

24. LuxRes

LuxRes Karting

Feb 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    Fred Lloyd
    Long term diversifying its product line-up offerings (beyond sports cars) in it's largest market (Europe) should have a positive impact on margins, help residuals on core products and broaden the customer base.

2021 Europe Sells

Ferrari - 5,010
    Bentley - 2,949 / Bentayga 1,255
    Lamborghini - 2,300 / Urus 1,371
    Aston Martin - 1,996 / DBX 675
    Rolls Royce - 609 / Cullinan 252

While Ferrari is dominant in Europe, its performance in the world's largest automotive market (China) is lacking.

2021 China Sells

Ferrari - 432
    Bentley Bentayga - 1,697
    Lamborghini Urus - 468
    Aston Martin DBX - 606
    Rolls Royce Cullinan - 739

In China not having a SUV impacts Ferrari's market share. When you look at Porsche's success in China its much easier to introduce a new customer to the brand with a SUV or sedan vs Sports Car.

Short-term having a SUV isn't critical but long-term to capture market share in China and retain market share in the US its critical.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

25. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Everyone seems totally focused on the design. To me it looks as expected.

But I think the big question is what now? If Ferrari hadn't planned on introducing the car for another 9-10 months, will they accelerate their plans now that the cat is out of the bag?

Senad likes this.