The Purosangue Thread | Page 99 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

You expected it to be predicable and awful looking? Sad times..

2. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    True but try building an SF90 or an 812, it is very easy to put in $75,000 to $100k+ in options

3. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    evanmcm, 350MH83, Senad and 2 others like this.
  4. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East

An SUV in Europe or China will be in very low demand. A Ferrari SUV is mainly for the US market and the competition is heavy. If they get it right it will do well but from what these pictures are showing I am not so sure.

5. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    I expected it to follow the current design philosophy of the brand. Yes, that was very predictable.

6. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

Going on the comments in this thread, people will buy anything with the "right" badge.

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    To your point, rather than a distinctive character for a specific model, it appears they want to cut and paste familiar details so no one forgets it’s related to other Ferrari’s.

Garretto and JTSE30 like this.
  9. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    For sure, some will. Some of my close friends are huge Ferrari fanatics and they aren't feeling this one so far. They buy pretty much every car they put out.

Chicko likes this.
  10. Moopz

Moopz F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 29, 2004
    Orlando, FL
    This stuff happens all the time especially the rears. I'm sure Enzo owners weren't too happy with the 430 rear design, especially the distinctive taillamps. 458 and F12 went single taillight. At first glance an 812 and Lusso rears can be mistaken for each other. It's the familial look.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

crinoid likes this.
  11. ScrappyB

ScrappyB Formula 3

Oct 3, 2017
    Full Name:
    T
    #2461 ScrappyB, Feb 21, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
    A Ferrari cute-ute with electric motors? 5 years ago I would have said no chance, but now it seems likely. The next Macan will also be an EV.

JTSE30 likes this.
  12. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    There is a way to this with some integrity. I have no problem with a halo car having cutting edge stuff and have similar however model specific versions on other models. Bad cut and paste on a car that shouldn’t exist in the first place is just gross.

13. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
  14. ACW44

ACW44 Rookie

Jan 1, 2010
    Ontario
    As per the Ferrari Corporate 2021 Results Presentation, - "order books stronger than ever, covering well into 2023 (bottom of Page 8). Not sure how Marcel gets 27,000 from this? Maybe 18,000 for the next year and a half? 27,000 would take us well into 2024 ? At current production levels.

15. Forza Scuderia

Forza Scuderia Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2015
    Ha! I can’t jump on THIS bandwagon. I happen to think that Manzoni and his team do a great job overall across the now vast catalog. They have an EXTREMELY difficult task with all the models and derivatives in the current line up … and to make them all look different from each other … and different from the models that came before … while still making them all look like part of the Ferrari family … is extraordinarily challenging and I think they do it as well as can be done.

In particular, I believe the SP3 is a masterpiece of Italian design.

George330, fil and italiafan like this.
  16. U-Boat Commander

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    I'm not sure if this is a serious criticism or you're trying to be funny. Ferrari has been doing this for generations. Look at a 355 and an F50 side by side. Or how about a 288 and a 308? Testarossa and 348. Need I go on?

LuxRes likes this.
  17. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

The difference is, they took the great design aspects from those models you mentioned. But these days more often than not they take ugly and bad aspects.

crinoid likes this.
  18. U-Boat Commander

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Got it. Ferrari old = good. Ferrari today = bad.

ScottS likes this.
  19. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    Copying an incredibly beautiful, purposeful design language of a 308 and taking it to the 288 is one thing, this is another. The fussy, non purposeful, non harmonious design elements of the current cars, are cut and pasted on the front and back of a traditional SUV. The point he is making is they are badge identifying a bland, boring SUV design platform. Ever since this company went public and fired thier design team at Pinin, the products have a destinctive, design by committee look. The Daytona is a perfect example. I wish it were a joke, its not.

To ad insult to injury, there is likely nothing stopping my wife wanting one, and thus the irony is I will have an ironic and painful reminder in my driveway of how the near mythic company I adorned, sold its badge. With the death of the ICE engine and death of the engine/heart of Ferrari, on our doorstep, I dont see how the brand can come to represent anything other than a lux brand. 1,000 hp, 1 second 0-60 heavy silent electric machines are not my idea of a driven sportcar

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

evanmcm, ScuderiaCarParts and -K1- like this.
  20. U-Boat Commander

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    So what color are you getting?

ScuderiaCarParts likes this.
  21. U-Boat Commander

Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    Look, nobody wants Pininfarina back as much as me. But, given who is currently steering the ship, they did exactly what I expected. And it was obvious from the test mules. I don't think anyone should be surprised.

Honestly, I'm just glad that it's not worse. I actually thought it would be more bland.

ryalex likes this.
  22. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    I don’t agree with your assessment. As I said, it can be done well or done poorly.

23. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Some parts of the SP3 are good and some parts are terrible.

Senad and 456-boy like this.
  24. johnhoughtaling

johnhoughtaling Formula 3

Nov 6, 2002
    New Orleans
    Full Name:
    John William H.
    She said white or red, and her delivery will have more in common with her additional Birkin, than anything in the garage I care about.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat