Ferrari ROMA | Page 193 | FerrariChat

Ferrari ROMA

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by ajr550, Feb 7, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Does anyone know if the View Max option is gone for good? I've just had my car in for it's first service and the dealer carried out Campaign 468 Software update and Campaign 473 HMI update and now the View Max option has gone. I'm pretty annoyed as it was sold as a key feature of the HMI and I liked it. I wouldn't have let them do the campaign if I'd known this functionality was being removed.

vcappp, pman3 and Ppu like this.
  2. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    That’s very weird. Mine is due for a service shortly but I like the option too. Did they say they removed it? Or could it be a bug in the update. I feel like I have one or two unintended consequences each time I get the sw updates done.

pman3 likes this.
  3. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    Mine was delivered without it. When I queried it with the dealer they said that Ferrari had found an issue with it causing problems so the feature was removed from the Roma. I did like it when I used the demonstrator but tbh I prefer the broader tach/other screens.

4. Sm25913

Sm25913 Rookie

Mar 6, 2022
    Concord MA
    Full Name:
    Simon Martin
    Photo of my Roma four weeks ago - dealer has no idea where it is … hopefully will receive it before end of April. Ross Fiorano, cuoio interior and seats but black upper dash. CF interior.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Metabeast, spyderman, NZCREW and 4 others like this.
  5. 008

008 Karting

Jun 6, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Mine was removed too. I was told it will be reinstated when they work out the issues plaguing it. The really annoying thing is you can still see the script on the wheel, so if they never bring it back they should swap everyone's wheels. I'm more interested in them fixing my filter favorites setting for the radio....

vcappp likes this.
  6. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    This is the info they gave me from Ferrari -

Subject: "HMI Infotainment" software update Please note that a new software update of the HMI-infotainment interface is available for the vehicles in question manufactured from VIN no. 252344 to VIN no. 271353. The new software enhances system performance and has the following new features: • 30% faster response time to driver input; • Menu scrolling using the RH steering wheel touchpad has been made more precise to reduce the possibility of scrolling through menu items too quickly. This has been done by reviewing the software logic, based on feedback from customers and dealers, and eliminating some of the infotainment system features that are not used often. More specifically: • To simplify use of the touchpad, reducing the possibility of inadvertently activating functions and speeding up response times to user input, the View Max and Race view functions are no longer available. • To reduce the system's response time still further, and due to the presence of the fullsize central satellite navigation system screen which is clearly visible and can be used by both the passenger and driver, the satellite navigation system repeat on the optional passenger-side display is no longer available. Updating of the Infotainment Node (NIT) will also require updating of the Steering Wheel Node (NVO) to ensure proper functioning of the system. At the same time, the customers of the vehicles in question must be given an updated Owner's Manual and Quick Reference Guide which can be ordered from our Spare Parts Department using the codes indicated in the table on page 2.

vcappp, RamsHmb and of2worlds like this.
  7. SVCalifornia

SVCalifornia Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 28, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Shoot. I was just about to ask everyone else about this!

Mine cam back in late January from its one year service without the display modes! I also liked them.

I can’t recall the last time Ferrari removed a feature like this! This is very annoying. Evidently g-forces meter is gone too.

Not happy!

SV

Ppu likes this.
  8. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    I've asked my dealer to escalate my complaint regarding the loss of functionality and the fact that no option was given to skip the update when my original system was working perfectly. Perhaps if more owners do the same then Ferrari may listen and add those features back in when they do the next update.

vcappp, Senad and of2worlds like this.
  9. RamsHmb

RamsHmb Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    James
    This is crazy and thanks for sending. Wonder if they are doing the same in the sf90.

10. Sm25913

Sm25913 Rookie

Mar 6, 2022
    Concord MA
    Full Name:
    Simon Martin
    When did your Roma arrive and how has your experience been so far?

11. jasuper

jasuper Karting

Jun 24, 2015
    Chicago
    We almost have the same car!! Hope it arrives for you soon.

12. ferrariwithsnowtires

ferrariwithsnowtires Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2005
    Another Ferrari on snow tires, becoming a mini trend

of2worlds likes this.
  13. SAT4RE

SAT4RE Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    Blairsville, GA
    Texas Pasha, Nicolas21, WJHMH and 5 others like this.
  14. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Hahaha!!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

15. pman3

pman3 Rookie

Mar 20, 2022
    Wait, seriously, the "view max" functionality is removed? Is it not possible now to see the navigation full-screen? This was one of the most important features of this digital cluster. Is the button now just not working, being there without any function? Does anyone have any information if they plan to bring it back?

vcappp likes this.
  16. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    It is no longer possible to see the navigation full screen following the software update. They have issued a reprinted new Owner's Manual along with a new Reference Guide to remove the references to the View Max features so that suggests it's not coming back with future updates. I've raised a complaint via Customer Services at the factory and am awaiting a response. I strongly suggest that other owners who have lost this functionality and want to see it re-instated do the same. I can't believe that they sold this car as bringing a new era of tech to Ferrari and made a big deal of the new HMI full screen display in their avertising and sales information and have now simply dropped it.

vcappp and Senad like this.
  17. Soleith

Soleith Karting

Dec 30, 2020
    Surrey, UK
    This is mildly annoying as my chassis number is 271520 so just after this which implies that I'm already running the updated version (which makes sense as mine was delivered without the viewmax option and in fact on my wheel the text simply isn't there). Was hoping a software update would speed up the general navigation of the UI but seems like I'm already on the "faster" setup, oh dear!

I've also asked service dept about any sign of android auto getting enabled. Fingers crossed although I'm not particularly hopeful. I've got a bunch of other minor niggles that I was hoping would get sorted with a software update but we'll see what the service dept say when they come back to me later this week.

vcappp and of2worlds like this.
  18. cyr

cyr Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2020
    Full Name:
    Cy
    Is this update only for the Roma or all Ferraris? I have a Portofino and the VIN number does fall within the range you indicated but the screens are all different, so it would need a different update. Have not had any update since I got the car in August 2020 :(

19. pman3

pman3 Rookie

Mar 20, 2022
    This sounds like a bad joke. There are so many things that I find completely unacceptable here:
    1. Shipping a car and removing functionality down the road. This makes the car less functional and for some people (including myself), a modern digital cluster is one of the key selling points. Being able to put navigation full-screen is extremely important to me.
    2. The way things are explained is unacceptable. "the presence of the full-size central satellite navigation system screen which is clearly visible and can be used by both the passenger and driver, the satellite navigation system repeat on the optional passenger-side display is no longer available" – this is also true for everything else, including the radio stations – the passenger is still able to use it on the central console computer, so why don't we remove the passenger display altogether then?
    3. Not only view max is gone, but the g-sensor meter too. It looks like their software engineers response to "things are slow" is "lets remove things and make it faster", but even after that the system is laggy as hell.

Basically, the fact that Ferrari is not able to handle a GUI that's fast and responsible, like all other manufacturers, including Porsche, Mercedes, Tesla, Audi, even way less pricy cars is absolutely hilarious.

Is there any official topic where people can pot complaints that is read by Ferrari officials?

vcappp likes this.
  20. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    #4821 isuk, Mar 21, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2022
    You have pretty effectively summed up my complaint to Ferrari. It is ridiculous that their answer to laggy software is to simply remove the functionality until it runs a bit quicker. I told them it would be like Audi deciding that their Virtual Cockpit display was an issue and arbitrarily replacing it with simple digital dials at a service, something they would not do. The only way to register your disatisfaction is to raise a complaint case with Ferrari Customer Services. You can do this via their website or email them at [email protected]. The more owners that do this the greater the chance that we may get a roll back to the software version with the View Max. It's a long shot but worth a try. The fact that newer cars are being delivered without the View Max button on the steering wheel makes it look like there is no intention to bring this feature back.

The update should have left the View Max feature alone and moved the CarPlay display to the centre tablet in the Roma IMHO. The way CarPlay is currently displayed on the main screen is ridiculous.

This update is only for the HMI in the Roma.

vcappp, pman3 and of2worlds like this.
  21. Mickyd329

Mickyd329 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2019
    Orange County Socal
    Full Name:
    Mike
    My car never had it when delivered, so I guess I don't miss it. Having said that, I never use the Nav system in cars anyways because they are so inferior to using Google maps or Waze on the phone.

22. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    After some more research I have discovered that it is only the Roma that is affected by the HMI update and the loss of functionality has been cited as being to resolve a problem getting the software to function correctly between the main display and the tablet screen without delays. The 296 and SF90 will retain the View Max and Race View functionality.

vcappp and of2worlds like this.
  23. vcappp

vcappp Rookie

Aug 25, 2021
    Sep? Does it mean that you will get 2023MY model, instead of 2022MY model?

24. Joe M

Joe M Karting

May 17, 2018
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL
    I think early January 2022 was sales talk as 6 month delivery is totally unrealistic. If you get the Roma in September, it should be a 2023 model.