"The Lamborghini Miura" by Simon Kidston | Page 18 | FerrariChat

"The Lamborghini Miura" by Simon Kidston

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Ronald A. Berke, Oct 19, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. swift53

swift53 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2007
    E.S.
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Kudos Gary, your "opinions and facts" speak for themselves.

Regards, Alberto

2. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    +1

3. lambdaman

lambdaman Rookie

Jul 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    David Egan
    Prices are coming back to a realistic level, I see normal being around 2500 pounds, this one was listed for about 3 months initially @ 3250. After fees sellerwould have 2600 pounds in hand. Image Unavailable, Please Login

Nembo1777 likes this.
  4. trashidelek!

trashidelek! Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2004
    Plus, if it was purchased on eBay with a "best offer" you don't see that price in the completed sales listing. GBP 2500 could easily be the sale price, with the seller receiving less than that net fees.

5. egor_p

egor_p Rookie

Aug 5, 2021
    Russia, Siberia
    Full Name:
    Egor
    Rosey, bloomberg, Zeltweg and 2 others like this.
  6. trashidelek!

Nov 18, 2004
    I just noticed that Kidston is auctioning off the 1/75 number Jota Edition book for Ukrainian relief. Very classy move, I would say.

oneshot8541, stevewak, Rosey and 6 others like this.
  7. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Yes that's great, hopefully go high!

Rosey, Buchpilot and stevewak like this.
  8. lambdaman

lambdaman Rookie

Jul 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    David Egan
    Currently at 15k pounds, my prediction 50k for a worthy cause.

gt4me, stevewak and Buchpilot like this.
  9. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    Don't be confused by a current announcement by Fondazione Negri on their website that Dino Brunori's Jota book "is being reprinted". I was horrified, when I read this fearing some "Giorgio Nada Editore moment", but Davide Negri clarified the matter on request: They have sold 100 copies of the book and are now printing a further 200 copies, so that in the end they will have printed 300 copies only, as announced right from the beginning.

Zeltweg and gt4me like this.
  10. Halfwit

Halfwit Rookie

Mar 17, 2019
    UK
    Full Name:
    Charlie Lodge

Seems odd that my copy is 271 and several buyers are in this number range? Surely the initial books would be in the one hundreds?
    Just a thought

Buchpilot and Zeltweg like this.
  11. bloomberg

bloomberg Formula Junior

Mar 7, 2011
    Highly unusual for a publisher to have 100 copies printed and after selling that batch, to have another 200 copies printed. Economically it does not seem to make any sense. And this is not a print on demand kind of outfit. More likely to have all copies printed and have them subsequently bound (as is more or less indicated on the publishers website).

12. Zeltweg

Zeltweg Karting

Apr 8, 2021
    oneshot8541 and gt4me like this.
  13. lambdaman

lambdaman Rookie

Jul 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    David Egan
    I would doubt it, 38k for the Ukrainian cause was good result with I feel most of the amount for the goodwill not the actual book, me thinks value 8-10k pounds, all the billionaire Muira owners have their book now so demand is not outstripping supply. Even standard Muira books can be found for sub 3k now. I know a few asking more but they still have them!

14. AndyM3

AndyM3 Rookie

Jul 8, 2021
    Zeltweg likes this.
  15. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    Yes, I agree. The whole story sounds strange as far as the economics of the printing process is concerned.

As far as the numbers are concerned my idea is that they started mit no. 300 and counted down, because so far, I can only remember seeing numbers between 200 and 300.

Zeltweg and Halfwit like this.
  16. trashidelek!

Nov 18, 2004
    Or, sadly, not... Apparently, the bidding didn't meet the expectations of the seller (Henry Gregory), so it ended without a sale, despite no mention of any sort of reserve in the original auction listing. Even worse, the Collecting Cars website provides no transparency whatsoever, as they have now hidden all of the bid amounts. The high bid was only at GBP 3000 when I looked at the auction listing late yesterday evening. The frenzy surrounding this book certainly seems to have passed and I very much suspect that the current true market value is not far removed from that value.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. davew

davew Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 26, 2006
    South Boston, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave White
    trashidelek! likes this.
  18. trashidelek!

Nov 18, 2004
    Good catch, sir! There are 18 bids recorded in both of our images.

19. Buchpilot

Buchpilot Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2021
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sven
    Did anyone hear of collectingcars.com before? I think, the problem with this auctions has been that nobody ever heard of this platform. Give the Miura book to Bonhams, Gooding, Marcel Seidel or Ni-Cola and we will see authentic market values ...

20. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Yes and it has been discussed here and extensively on other sites although it is UK primarily (and to some extent European) focused. I would think it had a pretty good reach amongst potential buyers.

I can confirm that high bid was 5000 GBP.

Buchpilot likes this.
  21. Seppefan

Seppefan Karting

Aug 24, 2021
    Agree. All copies above 200.....so far

Buchpilot likes this.
  22. Seppefan

Seppefan Karting

Aug 24, 2021
    which is £5300 including

Interesting. I am aware of two recent sales. One for £3500 and one for $5200 so I think at bottom has perhaps been found at these levels.

Zeltweg likes this.
  23. davew

davew Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 26, 2006
    South Boston, VA
    Full Name:
    Dave White

Were those results for the Jota edition?

Thanks

24. Seppefan

Seppefan Karting

Aug 24, 2021
    Those two sales are for the standard edition without the. register. Jota was £5300 bid.