Monterey car week in August | FerrariChat

Monterey car week in August

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by Mfreak, May 4, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mfreak

Mfreak Rookie

Apr 20, 2013
    Anyone planning to go there this year? As this will be the first time for me since I owned my first Ferrari 458. Does anyone know if there is any event or party hosted by Ferrari which allow Ferrari owner to join? Or any great car show/event/party that we can purchase ticket to join?

Cheers!
    M

2. Dazed2day

Dazed2day Karting

Jun 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Mfreak likes this.
  3. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Just be aware that this site can have wrong information. For example, it states that Legends of the Autobahn would be at the Monterey Fairgrounds like it was last year, but the Legends site says it'll be at the Pacific Grove Golf Links for 2022 (where Worldwide Auctions has been held in the past...but which is skipping Monterey for 2022). I think they basically copy/paste last year's information and then make corrections as they hear about them. But it is a good site for general overall summary of the events to occur.

4. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
  5. Dazed2day

Dazed2day Karting

Jun 9, 2021
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Where did you buy tickets?

6. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
    Ferrari55whoa and Way2fast like this.
  7. Agostinho

Agostinho Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2017
    You should definitely register for Concorso Italiano if you've never been. I've been several times and it's a really good, upscale event on a golf course. LOTS of Ferraris. It should be highly attended this year. Last year was a little flat.

The Barnyard event is a FOC sponsored event. It's essentially free, but you can buy a ticket to apply it towards food. It's good, but it's an event in a parking lot.

You could go to Concorso Italiano and then drive to The Barnyard afterwards. You'll have enough time.

8. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate

More-than-likely Concorso will not “release” you in time to attend the Barnyard. Due to their super-strict policy of no departures until 5pm, I will never-again attend CI. False imprisonment is an understatement. My .02

Marcel Massini likes this.
  9. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Quail is our favorite event… great food, socializing, great cars.
    Casa Ferrari is too notch.
    Laguna Seca is cool to watch million $$$& vintage racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rossocorsa1, LARRYH and Twosherpaz like this.
  10. dinoart

dinoart Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2004
    Westminster CA
    Full Name:
    David
    We went to CI last year and got out around 4pm no problem. We were early at the Barn yard no problem. Got the best parking spot. A lot of wine selections.

11. Mfreak

Mfreak Rookie

Apr 20, 2013
    Where do we find parking for Barnyard event if we are not register as exhibitor?

12. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Yup, they can be like maid police. I don’t display there anymore for the above reason.

Marcel Massini likes this.
  13. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    The Barnyard has several adjoining parking lots for office buildings, all empty at that time of day so no problem parking

14. HMB-Dino

HMB-Dino Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 28, 2010
    Pebble Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    RonG
  15. built2grind

built2grind Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2016
    The Peninsula
    Full Name:
    ANDREW
    You can leave CI anytime you want. They just try to keep people from driving around the event in their cars like other typical car shows.

16. redfred84

redfred84 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    SF Bay Area, USA
    I'm familiar with the CI event from my early Maser & Fiat visits. But this year I am a proud new Poppa of a '56 250 GT Boano. I remember seeing various Ferrari Only events at various venues; some of them magnificent, private homes. Therefore, I am wondering how to participate in some of these since I finally have a worthy car? I'm not in any of the clubs yet though. All suggestions appreciated.
    RF.

17. plastique999

plastique999 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2008
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Edward
    Are you linked in with a dealer?
    If so, try to get Casa Ferrari tickets.

LARRYH likes this.
  18. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    It was great speaking with you about your Boano on Saturday at the Ferrari of Silicon Valley Cars & Coffee. That heater box is crazy!

Regarding Car Week events, a lot of the biggies are already booked. Certainly you can make a strong case for showing at Quail (next year). Pebble too? Concorso Italiano will take ya sight unseen (even this year) (along with all us riffraff).

Yeah, it probably is a good idea to hassle the dealership to see what they can do. I have no idea how Casa Ferrari works although I remember Ferrari Corp soliciting for cars for Casa Ferrari when it moved to Pebble Beach 4 or 5 years ago. The Boano should be cool enough to make the cut, but who knows: its Ferrariville.

19. Mfreak

Mfreak Rookie

Apr 20, 2013
    How did you guys find out about the Ferrari of Silicon Valley Cars & Coffee? I followed their FB but never been invited. How do I join if possible?

Cheers!

20. Brian A

Brian A F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2012
    SanFrancisco BayArea
    Full Name:
    1983 US 308 GTS QV
    They have an email list. Maybe phone them and ask to be added. I don't think it's an exclusive "club" but maybe there are criteria.

They are nice people. They might be struggling with logistical issues though because the parking lot is very full.

Mfreak likes this.
  21. redfred84

redfred84 Formula Junior

Dec 24, 2010
    SF Bay Area, USA
    Afraid that I'm not linked with the dealer, as my car is quite vintage (actually, I don't own anything modern!) But somehow I did get on their email list for the C&C. I understand that the owner is into vintage motorcycles? I'm pretty deep into vintage Indians, so perhaps I should contact him?

Thanks, RF.

22. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    HOW IS MOTORLUX (er, formerly McCalls Motorworks Revival ) shaping up now that it's changed owners?
    Here's their extremely brief listing n What's Up Monterey (without the new name).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    "MCCALL'S MOTORWORKS REVIVAL

196 SKYPARK DR.
    MONTEREY, CA 93940

AUG 17, 2022 AT 5:00 PM TO 10:00 PM

Beginning in 2022, Motorworks Revival has a new host and new name. Hagerty invites you to join us at the Monterey Jet Center for the ultimate celebration of automotive beauty, exquisite aircraft,..."
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    t
    MY COMMENT:In the past, always though the cars weren't rare enough but let's face it, the wives like to go a place where they can dress up and drink cocktails. Maybe they will have more classic cars, or some introductions of new models? What's the plan?

23. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    CONCOURS ON THE AVENUE cancelled after the death of the sponsor but frustratingly the website is still up with the Georgia founder's address.

https://carmelconcours.com/contact.html

How much does it cost to put that event on? (including lunches for all the participants?) I am surprised no other sponsor is stepping in....

24. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    Ferrari has wrong date for Ferrari tour and concorso at Pebble Beach on their website, These are events that start the day before the PB Concours.

I quote as it reads May 31st on the site https://www.ferrari.com/en-US/auto/pebble-beach

"FERRARI PARADE AND CONCORSO FERRARI
    Traditions at Monterey Car Week, the Ferrari Parade and Concorso Ferrari feature an extensive array of important historic and contemporary models. A sight to behold, more than 60 incredible Ferraris will wind their way through Pebble Beach toward Casa Ferrari. Join car aficionados from across the globe here via livestream on Saturday, August 14 at 2 P.M. PT and enjoy the sights, sounds and emotions of this spectacular event."

Trouble is Pebble Beach concours in 2022 takes place on August 21st so the day before is August 20th. I wrote them pointing out their mistake but I don't know if they listen to us mere mortals.