NFL 2022 | Page 5 | FerrariChat

NFL 2022

Discussion in 'Sports' started by tomc, Feb 18, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Shorn355

Shorn355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 13, 2011
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yep - Watched it - Definitely weighted to the defense as well as players who can/have played multiple positions. The trading is complex and entertaining - Just makes me want to book a trip back to Bellagio now that the insipid mask idiocy is done :)

2. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    The Capital of The United States of America
    Full Name:
    Willis
    It looks like they're building foundations on defense. Defensive backs are the group with the depth in this draft.

3. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    DeAndre Hopkins gets an extended vacation for PED use, Christian Kirk was waaaaay overrated
    and waaaaaay overpaid to go to Jacksonville, this Kyler Murray clown is waaaaay overrated, if I was
    AZ I'd trade him. I look at this clown and I see another Baker Mayfield - except Baker actually won
    a playoff game.

People think I am nuts, but I would not be one bit surprised if KC finishes last in their division.
    Of course, this will all depend on injuries, but if the Raiders' coaching staff is good, they have all
    the parts, as do the Chargers, and especially Denver.
    KC has a lot of weaknesses, and they paid MVS 30 million? The guy blows... oft-injured and can't
    catch a cold, and their running game is not impressive.
    Denver, Raiders, Chargers, KC in that order are my picks for the AFC West.

Texas Forever and tomc like this.
  4. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Ratings on Cowboys draft seem mixed to tepid. People seem to be high on Giants and Eagles drafts. What's the local scoop on the DC draft haul?

T

5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    AZ is having a crazy off season.

I expect the NFC East to be much tighter this year. I'm not sure I'm willing to risk the $2 bill that I won last year from Keith on predicting the final records of the teams.

With no impact players from the draft, a tougher schedule due to a winning record, and improved divisional competition, I'm thinking the Boys may be cruising for a Jason Garrett special, 8-8 or 9-7.

T

Whisky likes this.
  6. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    They're high on Dotson, the WR out of Penn State in the 1st round. Their 5th round pick of QB Sam Howell out of NC is the one that gets the most discussion . . . as QBs almost always do . . . mixed reviews there. The rest of the picks are described as "solid" which usually translates to overly optimistic.

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    With Maclaurin (sp?) that'd be a tough twosome to defend...T

8. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Houston? Dead ****ing last.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

9. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    They get a cheap sideline clipboard holder as a backup for the next 5 years.

Yeah, except isn't McLaurin also chirping about his contract?

We were not talking about Houston, but yeah, last.
    I have NO idea what they are doing...

Texas Forever likes this.
  10. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    NFC East
    I think it's Philly's to lose.

Philly has added a whole bunch of new pieces and will be fun to watch, but I do
    wish they had a 'go to' RB they would trust in key situations, but each RB is different,
    the problem with that is there is no rapport with the OL - and the OL plays a certain
    way with each diff RB, and this is HELL on an OL - it's all 'timing' with them, ask
    any team.

Dallas has lost some key players, Randy Gregory for one, and I always thought
    of Amari Cooper as a decoy - when he wants to be. Some days he shows up, other
    days he is a ghost (and now gone to Clv).
    Sean Lee retired. Micah Parsons cannot do it all, Ezekiel should be cut but I don't
    know what the cap hit would be. Other key players are coming off major injuries.
    It may come down to coaching... (groan).

Giants - have also added some good players, but also have a ton of players coming
    off injuries. I think the issues here are more mental than anything else, you watch these
    games and just have to wonder how you can play so bad as a whole?
    This too may come down to coaching - Daboll is good, Martindale is good, they drafted
    Wan'Dale Robinson - he is a great player if he can stay healthy, I've seen him from the
    sidelines when he played at NU before transferring to KY.
    If they stay healthy they can push Philly...

Redskins (or whoever they are) - same ol same ol, not much to be said, a disgruntled
    WR that wants more money - (when has that EVER worked out?), a great RB coming
    off injury, a QB that Ben Simmons makes look good, not much else to add.
    I look at the depth chart - I don't see anyone I recognize, from hilight films or otherwise.

Philly, Giants, Dallas, Washington...

Steelton Keith likes this.
  11. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    That's because the #1, #2 and #3 weapon of choice is a WR.

12. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    We will have the same $2 contest this year, just prior to the season. Who knows what the WFT has in that PSU receiver? PSU couldn't and usually didn't throw the ball. The Eagles have a very soft schedule this year and the Boys don't/ The Eagles also have very little air travel, and time zone changes for games. Thier only big trip is to AZ and I WILL BE THERE TO SEE 'EM. I was in LAS this week. The odds for Philly SB win went from 50-1 to 40 with AJ Brown signing. A lot of square money always follows Dallas, so I have action on the NFC East win for Philly.

13. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    I've got my $2 bill from last year laminated! Your thinking on the NFC East is similar to mine. I think Boys and Iggs are the top 2, with schedule favoring Philly, while the G-Men and Commies are a year away.

T

14. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    I was unaware of a $2 contest, all I knew of was the Pick'em one we had going....

I'll try to form a fantasy team league again this year, but doubt I get enough people
    in it, I think I only had 3 last year, not enough to even have a league.

15. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    It's schedule reveal day. I'm betting The Commanders have zero prime time games and deservedly so.

16. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Packers entire home schedule released. Eager to get date for Eagles-Cards so I can book my flights. Eagles open at Detroit, then at home second week Monday nighter vs. Vikes.

17. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    Entire home schedule? All I've seen is week 10 with Dallas announced.

18. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    • Washington will play in two Primetime games this season in Week's 6 at Chicago and 10 at Philadelphia. That's two more Primetime games than I expected. The Chicago game is a Thursday night.

19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    NFL.com pundits claim that Cowboys and Giants have among the most favorable schedules. I hope the first half of that is true!

T

20. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I think Keith has some pull with the schedule maker. The Steelers play all their games in the eastern time zone. With the exception of Miami and Atlanta, they can literally walk to all their away games. What's up with that????

21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Wow. That's crazy.

I recall a story some years back that said that West Coast teams were at a disadvantage due to greater travel times and distances...T

22. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Paul. Eagles fan here. Steelers will not be .500 club no matter if they walk across the Penn Bridge to play The Little Sisters of the Poor. Eagles - Cards October 9. This year's road trip.

Nospinzone likes this.
  23. pilotoCS

pilotoCS F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Willis
    They do play in a weak division, I hate to admit. They also have games against NFC North weaklings Detroit and Chicago. I haven't really studied the rest of their schedule.

24. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Tom C. I hate to break the news but take a good look at Boys schedule. Not that sweet. Bucs, Bengals, Rams, Pack, Titans PLUS the MIGHTY MIGHTY Eagles twice!

25. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Sorry Keith, I was thinking you were a Steelers fan. Hey, the season has been over for 4 months, at my age I'm lucky if I remember where I parked my car this morning! :D