F12 and 812 Values - New V12 Coming | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F12 and 812 Values - New V12 Coming

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by blkfxstc, May 4, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Avia11

Avia11 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2017
    San Diego, CA
    According to a very reliable source on this forum, @day355 the new V12 car will be a hybrid V12, although sounds like a smaller hybrid. I think that the value of an F12/812SF/812GTS is what it means to you and how much space you have in your garage. The monetary value will remain strong. None of them are the "last NA V12" though. The Daytonna SP3, 812 competezione variants, or V12 Purosangue would technically be the last NA V12s.

2. blkfxstc

blkfxstc Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2016
    TX
    Full Name:
    Eric
    I’m making the assumption the V12 used in the SUV will be used in a car as well. No hot takes here.

3. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Maybe not the last NA V12, but certainly the last NA V12 coupe for mere mortals….

Gianfranco341 and 430jm like this.
  4. bamaman

bamaman Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2015
    Mobile Alabama
    Full Name:
    William M (B.J.) Lyon, Jr.
    Except for the latter SUV, they might truly be the last V 12s for the Ferrari "masses."

5. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    i believe the F12 and 812 are uniquely positioned because they also benefit from low production numbers compared to V8s. we ran the numbers there are fewer than 2000 F12s in USA and even fewer 812s. while not an officially limited production it shares the benefits of that exclusivity.

wrs, George Vosburgh, 430jm and 3 others like this.
  6. RogGT-R

RogGT-R Karting

Jul 20, 2020
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Roger B
    Isn’t the SUV V12 also super limited and already sold out? Or did I misread somewhere?

I suspect with current climate change agendas and global regulations the likelihood of a new mass produced N/A V12 is highly unlikely.

Ferrari are public now so have a different view of the world (much as we might disagree) and hybrid, even mild, if I had to put money on it is the way forward for the company.

I hope I am incorrect although it would make the new 812 a handy ‘last of’ - irrespective I am very much looking forward to taking her out and spanking her at the weekend

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. SirTony76

SirTony76 Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    MN
    I heard (can't remember where) that the strategy was to sell a limited number of V12 SUVs (which are potentially already spoken for) and then switch to a V6 hybrid for the masses. Don't know how much truth there is to this strategy though.

430jm likes this.
  8. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    FUV V12 was by invite and spoken for.

Everything sells for a price. I cannot think this price escalation can go on forever. But never thought I’d sell my Lusso until the FUV12 came along. GTS is a keeper .

You cannot take it with you and the kids will have enough as it is.

430jm, ryalex, RogGT-R and 4 others like this.
  9. camshaft

camshaft Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    MA
    Full Name:
    Austin
    At this point I can't really see what Ferrari would do to make a new version so much more desirable that it would make us want to deal with all the bloated new tech, especially for those of us who plan to keep these cars long term. Part of the appeal of the F12 for me was no mild hybrid, no GPF, no electric steering, no auto start/stop, no four wheel drive, and a beautiful Pininfarina design stretched over a mile long V12. Even if somehow it was prettier, or had 1000hp, or subjectively handled better, I can't imagine that making me want to deal with everything unwanted that would come along with it, and at a much higher cost.

jr-f12-15, ryalex, Gullwing and 8 others like this.
  10. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Exactly.

11. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Isn't the Purosangue a hybrid?

12. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    IMO less than zero chance this mass production car will ever be priced near this true, numbered and desired LE. Ever.

13. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #38 Cocoloco, May 21, 2022
    Last edited: May 21, 2022
    Oh geez - many dealers received less 812GTS allocation than tdf.
    How many Ferrari V12 Spiders are under 1m?
    It's not a contest - it's a preference of how many prefer to enjoy the last GT V12 Spider.

nimamd, Gh21631 and kizzz like this.
  14. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Your probably right but how many GTSs were built? Any idea? 799 TDFs vs 1500 or so. Hard to really know for sure but there aren't many for sale in the US.

15. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    812gts = no plaque. That's what its about. How many were made and what did you need to qualify are also important which the F12tdf was long awaited and many good clients rejected. gts = normal production car. Will never see the value of the F12tdf.

16. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Not sure - US dealers receive 45 - 50 car a year and GTS two year production.
    Guessing 2000 Ferrari's come to US - GTS 10 - 15% would be a lot ... 4 - 500 over the two years.

17. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #42 Cocoloco, May 21, 2022
    Is that what is about - good to know. I turned down tdf and ordered 812GTS.
    I have a 16M - more limited represents F1 wins and it never went over msrp :) my Speciale 5x more production is over msrp.
    It's ok ... these are just cars and fun discussions but if you know the future you are good to go.

ScottS likes this.
  18. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I can understand why you would turn down an F12tdf. Its very close to the F12B and with other cars in the collection there can be redundancy especially with other vendors. The 812gts makes a decent DD for sure. Enjoy your cars!

19. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Thanks
    Not to be argumentative - 812 is as fast as tdf on track. Ferrari may have stated .5 seconds slower but it's not :) and they improved Spider to perform equal with coupe.

20. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    No problem. IMO GPF is contraindicated and relegates to DD. Too much heat and quieter tones suit neighborhood use. None of these cars are track cars.

KenU likes this.
  21. Blow N By

Blow N By Rookie

Mar 11, 2022
    I personally do not see the attraction of an electric hybrid or other variant to a pure V12. To me it's about the visceral sensory effects of the driving experience. The more senses that are stimulated, the greater the experience. How does an electric car appeal to the ears?

22. sunghyun7

sunghyun7 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2019
    #47 sunghyun7, May 21, 2022
    if it's got the same v12 sound, and electric just helps smooth out shifts & starts, i think it could be great assuming the hybrid system is reasonably reliable. 599/f12/812 are pretty soft cars. i love it for the v12 sound and relatively compliant ride, not brutality and harshness. i think hybrid setup can be good addition. if the electric system is so problematic that it strands people randomly... i think then solo v12 will take the crown. but the jury is still out. i can't imagine hybrid system will make driving any less emotive to their v12 gt line. it's still going to have the v12 howl... hybrid will just improve torque when needed

ryalex likes this.
  23. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    You are indeed loco

plastique999, ScottS and italiafan like this.
  24. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #49 Cocoloco, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 22, 2022
    Perhaps. Bought a Carrera GT instead - prices / profit are over the cost of a tdf today so perhaps not.
    C&C comments aren't appreciated. peace

25. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    while i agree this will always be true and is historically most accurate, i have been seeing spikes in non-limited ferraris that tick certain boxes.
    for example the 6-speed gated shifter has propelled normal F430 spyders over 300k and normal 360 spyders over 200k. those prices are close to limited 499 scuderia spyder 16m and the limited challenge stradale.
    look at normal 458 prices now about equal to F12 prices because it is the last NA V8 Ferrari you can buy even though they made over 18,000 of them.
    so when they discontinue the NA V12 yes i see F12 and 812 prices rising beyond the 458s. the Tdf and Competizione will always have a larger rise as well.