V5 or DVLA | FerrariChat

V5 or DVLA

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 3604u, May 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Anyone knows if we can use the

https://www.gov.uk/get-vehicle-information-from-dvla

to get insurance and how do we request a V5 document if the vehicle has been exported out of the UK.

I have all the papers and Transfer I made to buy the particular vehicle .

Thank you

2. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I don't think you can use that link. I think you probably need to write to the DVLA with copies of the documents you have or you can try contacting them using this link: GOV.UK - Importing or exporting a vehicle (dvla.gov.uk)

3604u likes this.
  3. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Thank you Sir ,
    I would do as you suggested .

4. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    It is my understanding that once a vehicle has been declared to the DVLA as having been permanently exported (the usual procedure followed by a vendor who wants to make it clear that he is no longer the owner, therefore liable for any costs / obligations related to it, e.g. tax, MoT, fines etc.) a V5 can only be obtained if the vehicle is re-imported. However, best to follow the advice above and contact DVLA. Why do you need a V5 - are you bringing the vehicle back to the UK?

3604u likes this.
  5. Patrick Dixon

Patrick Dixon Formula 3

Mar 27, 2012
    UK
    Just be careful with what you send the DVLA, they lost all the documents I sent them (they insisted on originals) and they are in an even worse state ATM.

3604u likes this.
  6. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    I brought this vehicle to singapore and I am gonna be registering it there .

7. jagmanv12

jagmanv12 Karting

Aug 25, 2010
    Surrey UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    It's not only the DVLA that lose documents. My local licence office lost the docs of a car I imported from Japan. The clerk read the date of registration from a copy but insisted he needed to see the original that they'd lost!! Why do these departments employ such idiots.