F12 and 812 Values - New V12 Coming | Page 3 | FerrariChat

F12 and 812 Values - New V12 Coming

Discussion in 'F12/812' started by blkfxstc, May 4, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Peace.

We all love cars and I daresay Ferraris. For different reasons. Interestingly some of us love the ICE experience and some of us love the speed, some the sound and some the feeling it gives you when you driven, when you are seen, or when you look back over your shoulder after you park.

That’s what’s makes this interesting.

Of relevance, I did the Ferrari focus group on electric cars. Did some of y’all do it as well?

The essence of their questions was - what makes a Ferrari a Ferrari and what cars would you buy if they were not straight up ICE Ferraris. For them, and for us, it is a moving target and Ferrari for my son, will not be Ferrari that was for my father, or for me.

I should start a new thread as in What makes a Ferrari a Ferrari as the company moves forward. And I will.

All I know is I wish I had a time machine……

Texas2step and Caeruleus11 like this.
  2. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #52 Cocoloco, May 22, 2022
    Last edited: May 22, 2022
    Ferrari's are track cars - spend 1/2 mill know it's capabilities, a treat that one should enjoy.
    Understand GPF filter but you need to know what Ferrari did to improve the GTS exhaust aero etc Correct on an F8 but not on GTS the exhaust sounds better than SF.

3. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    GPF sounds terrible. Even on the 812c. Admittedly I am spoiled.

wrs, ScrappyB, JTSE30 and 1 other person like this.
  4. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    k

5. sunghyun7

sunghyun7 Formula Junior

Oct 7, 2019
    can't you just take out the GPF and code out the potential codes? what's the big deal with the gpf vs non-gpf?

6. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    In December 2019 there was a 75+ PAGE web-survey commissioned by Ferrari to understand what its customers think of Battery only, Hybrid and plug in hybrid...was your focus group of that nature?

ScottS likes this.
  7. Dubaicity

Dubaicity Karting

Nov 21, 2013
    Germany
    Jajajaja you never heard the 812c in realiy for sure!

Sent from my SM-F711B using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    812 GTS sound is as nice as SF (but a little different) and I have both to directly compare. Both streets ahead of any V8 Ferrari I either owned or own. Don’t care that GTS has GPF it sounds incredible. Same goes for 992 GT3 v pre GPF 991.2 GT3 RS. Both Ferrari and Porsche make the addition of GPF irrelevant in these models IMO.

Gullwing, nickorette, NA_V12 and 4 others like this.
  9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Of course not although some here have and even taken receipt. Same way I know that an LFA sounds great. ;) The videos produced and audio contained therein sound terrible. Even the ones designed to impress as well as the track testing videos. This has been discussed extensively here.

The traditional tones are gone and replaced by what Ferrari could best manage. This is consistent with the construction of the GPF system. Extra baffles, meshes, filters, and coatings. Total volume equal to engine displacement. Remember, GPF is not mandatory here and many of us own and operate non-GPF V12s and are not biased with the ownership or ordering status of an incoming GPF vehicle. No need to be offended. It is what it is.

Caeruleus11 and ScrappyB like this.
  10. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
    I'm 1000% on the buy a clean 1st or 2nd gen Viper train, 40k right now for a good one? That's 120k in a few years

A 300-400k Countach or Diablo is still a good buy imo, I can't believe they were 200k cars in 2020

11. veelangs

veelangs Formula Junior

Sep 27, 2021
    Manhattan
    Full Name:
    Vee
    My guy at the dealer parroted this sentiment

Gullwing likes this.
  12. ScottS

ScottS F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 2, 2004
    Winter Park
    Full Name:
    Scott S
    Yes. Late last year.

13. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Amen to that. I own an SF (no GPF) and GTS (GPF) and would debate anyone that I believe the GTS sounds better!

14. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I only own an SF so can’t compare however I imagine your blessing of having a rear window switch should enhance the aural stimulator quite nicely:)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Gullwing likes this.
  15. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    It surely does and it's glorious to hear that V12 roar with the rear window open and/or roof down. But still having owned an SF for multiple years I would debate anyone taht says the pre-GPF V12 sounded better than the GPF V12!

16. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #66 Cocoloco, May 24, 2022
    Last edited: May 24, 2022
    As an owner / driver the sound would be a quick debate - recently heard side by side - close cold start louder and higher pitch GTS. Two close enough but that/s not the point, you can open your window it's far from a roadster - same premise with rear window sound and congrats on two V12's.

Anyway spec in same color I ordered but went a world of difference with TM - GTS seems to be a keeper for many and sounds great!
    https://www.instagram.com/p/Cd149hRJG0D/

17. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    And some notable posters like Mr. Mancini gave up his GTS because it didn’t sound like his Superfast. The GTS is a great car and will be a classic, but my first thought when I heard the GTS was that it does not sound like my superfast. Not that anything ever will or could.

Maximus1973 and ScrappyB like this.
  18. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    Beauty is in the eye (ear!) of the beholder!

19. 430jm

430jm Formula Junior

Jun 11, 2017
    Atlanta
    True, but he is somewhat immortal. Kind of like Steve Ahlgrim.

Maximus1973 likes this.
  20. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    IF there are any shortcomings to the GTS sound, they can be fixed.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  21. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Installed a modified exhaust on every car but Senna & Speciale - GTS will get a modified exhaust.
    Shortcoming on a NA V12 800 hp top down - the struggle is real, not sure about pops and crackles downshifts but a modified exhaust turns things up a bit.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  22. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    When I get a SpecialeA I may put the Novitec X pipe on. Will see. X pipe, exhaust, and GPF delete with 100 or 200 cel cats and the GTS will be the greatest sound of all time.

Cocoloco, Caeruleus11 and NA_V12 like this.
  23. NA_V12

NA_V12 Rookie

Aug 1, 2021
    FL, USA
    All this discussion is making me consider keeping my SF and not trade in for the incoming GTS..

430jm likes this.
  24. Maximus1973

Maximus1973 Formula 3

Oct 29, 2016
    I dread adding an exhaust to my GTS and waking up the entire area when flooring it. Besides getting annoyed with the drone after a few K miles.
    To me the sound is perfect for a convertible.

Gullwing, khal360 and Alcav5 like this.
  25. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #75 Cocoloco, May 26, 2022
    Last edited: May 26, 2022
    You floor car in neighborhood and you think neighbors worry about the sound vs dogs / kids
    Drone at most lasts a few hundred miles then it's gone - a switch or remote on cars to lessen or raise the sound is very easy to install or order with remote.
    Car comes alive - much like the setting of race vs comfort plus you get more hp.

Gh21631 likes this.