Best tracks in New England? | FerrariChat

Best tracks in New England?

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by mx1, Jun 16, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mx1

mx1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Danny
    Looking to head over to a few tracks this summer in the general area, anyone know some good ones? Or also ones where I shouldn’t bother with?

2. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    LRP, as the late great Paul Newman said, easy to learn a lifetime to master.
    While strictly not new england Watkins Glenn has to be somewhere in the top 5 tracks on the planet, it flows, its fast, its a challenge and its fun.

If you have a smaller car then Thompson and NYST are fun.

What car are you going to run on track, and who with.

davem likes this.
  3. mx1

mx1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 16, 2022
    CT
    Full Name:
    Danny
    What’s lrp and I don’t think I’ve ever seen his movies- wife loves his sauces though… ok I’ll check the others out thanks! Gonna see how much I can push the 360 vs my buddy’s hellcat and then probably declare bankruptcy after all the repairs

4. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

LRP lime rock park, the classic american track in Ct.

A hellcat, youll smoke it on track if you have any idea how to drive.
    360 should be just fine at LRP or the Glenn, hellcat los lots of fun but pretty useless ontrack.
    SCDA1.com does lots of events at LRP, and they instruct.
    If you dont have track experience it starts with an instructor in the car with you.
    Anyone who has only driven street, no matter how good, will have little idea how to really "drive" when it comes to track.

Paul Newman, most famous probably for Butch cassidy and the Sundance kid.
    He lived in Ct and raced lemans with Bob Sharp in the nissans way back in the 80's.
    You could say his acting paid for his racing career, and the oter racers regarded him as a significant opponent, as opposed to some rich guy.

If youre into cars i'd suggest going to the vintage races at LRP labor day weekend, everyhtign from 20's to 70's can am cars goign hard on track, without the pretension of goodwood.

zygomatic likes this.
  5. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Suggest you sign up for one of the FCA events through the Empire State Region.

They’re running The Glen in Sept and Lime Rock in October.

Fantastic experience with them in May!

mx1 likes this.