The end of Ferrari, as we know it | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The end of Ferrari, as we know it

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by johnk..., Jun 16, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    I've asked several times why people hate trees enough to starve/suffocate them. It's baffling....... or they don't remember elementary school Science. At all.

2. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    ferrari is about passion. Once Ferraris become toasters all is lost.

3. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Until it is mandated that all cars be autonomous. :(

4. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    In an electric car world I’ll be a Rolls Royce guy, not a Ferrari guy. ;)

arp, AtomicPunk88, tbakowsky and 4 others like this.
  5. Ultima RS

Ultima RS Karting

Apr 4, 2022
    Why does everyone keep repeating this? ICE is never goring away. Electric cars have a very limited audience and even then most of the people I know who've bought an electric car sell it and go back to gas.

What IS going to happen is a lot of companies are going to lose a fortune participating in this government boondoggle.

I also still don't understand why I had to give up all my incandescent light bulbs to 'reduce the strain on the grid and save the planet' and then 5 minutes later they want me to buy a 10,000 pound cobalt/lithium powered environmental disaster so I can go 0-60 in 1.8 seconds.

6. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    But, oil is NOT from any dinosaur at all, it is a completely NATURAL hydrocarbon, period.

Need proof? Observe Saturn's moon Titan, look it up, NASA says more hydrocarbons from our surface scans than every retrieved on earth, and where did Titan get 'dead dinos' from ?

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/cassini/media/cassini-20080213.html

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/the-mysterious-lakes-on-saturns-moon-titan/

In comparison, coal seams are from ancient plants, once living matter, pretty much like charcoal you use in a grill, in that it was actually once a living plant.

To be clear, the sun is in control of climate, not CO2, not man. From volcanoes to earthquakes to magnetic disruptions...it even is in control of the climate on all the other planets...

https://solarsystem.nasa.gov/news/2219/new-study-finds-unexpected-temperature-changes-on-neptune/

https://www.epw.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/press-releases-all?ID=469DD8F9-802A-23AD-4459-CC5C23C24651

Just look at the wild temperature variations of just the past 10000 years:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

From here

https://www.carbonbrief.org/factcheck-what-greenland-ice-cores-say-about-past-and-present-climate-change/

If you look around, you will find that "control" is the operational word here, others controlling...

Look what's next to "rid" the world of private transport:

https://www.euractiv.com/section/circular-materials/news/eu-seeks-reliable-method-to-measure-microplastic-pollution-from-tyres/

https://www.europarl.europa.eu/doceo/document/E-9-2021-002194_EN.html

https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1135980_evs-emit-more-brake-dust-which-the-eu-is-stepping-up-to-regulate

CO2 is a red herring...amongst others, seems convincing right up until it is not.

7. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    It's isn't the ICE that's going away, it the ability to buy gasoline that will disappear.

carnutdallas likes this.
  8. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    That's happening already. Robot cars don't even need to be perfect. They only have to beat humans. That is a low bar. Driver skill will continue to fall as we descend from automotive enthusiasm to utilitarian toaster use. This happens from the top of automotive sport right down to the guy texting on the freeway. I remember the comments of past F1 drivers saying you could put a monkey in the cockpit of a modern F1 car.

ddrewesusa likes this.
  9. fatbillybob

Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Gas will be gone but for enthusiasts, if ice cars are allowed on the streets we can brew alcohol in our bathtubs and make them run.

Rbarney360, carnutdallas and LVP488 like this.
  10. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    So many people in this country have NO CLUE how electricity is made and how poor our electrical infrastructure is. The truth is we will NEED THIS OBSOLETE TECHNOLOGY FOR DECADES. This whole issue of demonizing oil is nothing more than a baseless political agenda.

Our power plants are extremely old, you can't add any new nuclear plants (plus they are trying to shut down current ones), you can't add new coal plants, and they keep trying to limit building a more robust natural gas infrastructure. These morons think wind and solar is the answer....LOL.

Ferrari doesn't build any interesting cars these days anyway....

11. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    Yeah, the car runs around the track while you're in the clubhouse drinking beers....

12. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    uhm

Radu and carnutdallas like this.
  13. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    I agree, I don't like being forced into anything. It's true, that many governments are banning ICE.

The key thing is it would cause me lamentation only if applied to vintage Ferrari. I just don't see that happening.

Frankly, the SF90 even in ICE mode is already sterile by vintage standards.

EnzoItaly likes this.
  14. sinistermist

sinistermist Karting

Mar 23, 2016
    Just going to ignore all the tin foil hats in this thread and get back on topic.

Ferrari has had a few things that made them desirable compared to other high end cars.
    Gated shifters - Gone
    High RPM engines with a unique sound
    Styling
    Brand/Racing History

Once they go ev, and yes they will go ev. For all the people saying it will never happen get used to it. It doesn't even matter what the US does in regards to bans. If other major markets do automakers will look at what investment will have the greatest return. It won't be marketing bespoke ice to the us. That removes one of Ferrari's biggest allures. At that point they are competing against others with their brand recognition and styling. That is a big blow to the prancing horse.

arp, EnzoItaly and Boomhauer like this.
  15. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Yes, they will still pay.

F2003-GA likes this.
  16. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    CO2 is not dangerous; otherwise, we would all keel over every time we drank a bottle of S. Pelligrino.

I used to be very skeptical about this subject. What can I say? I'm an "I have to see it to believe it" kind of person.

For years, I didn't see anything.

Now?

Let's just say I've traveled the world and I've seen enough with my own eyes at this point.

17. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    #42 paulchua, Jun 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    Just going to ignore all the tin foil hats in this thread and get back on topic.

Swiss watch makers has had a few things that made them desirable compared to other high end watches.
    pocket watches - Gone
    more accurate time keeping - Gone
    Styling
    Brand/craftmenship History

Once they go digital, and yes they will go quartz. For all the people saying it will never happen get used to it. It doesn't even matter what the Swiss does in regards to the shift. If other major markets do automakers will look at what investment will have the greatest return. It won't be marketing bespoke mechanical to the us. That removes one of Swiss's biggest allures. At that point they are competing against others with their brand recognition and styling. That is a big blow to the Swiss watch making industry.

EnzoItaly and Tony91505 like this.
  18. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    You press a button and the car drives you to the track while you take a nap. You wake up refreshed and press a button and turn off all aids. After a long day of battling the tarmac, you don't have to go back to the clubhouse to drink the beer, because guess what?

You can drink it on the way back when the car drives you home.

Or, maybe this internet thing is just a fad.

19. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua

Truth is any sound can be reproduced, and if you want atomized exhaust smell - well just plug in "The Checkmate" fragrance in the cabin.

20. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Me personally? I like to have a choice.

What can I say? I don't like imposing my will on others. I get some folks like to drive with ESC off, while others like it on.

Isn't it great Ferrari has the manettino dial?

21. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    92,955,807 miles from the sun
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    That's just great, now we are gong to have starving trees...I'll just have to fire that V12 up a little more this weekend to make up for those Tesla's!! :D

Rbarney360, Texas Forever and JTSE30 like this.
  22. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    The irony of course is lest I be accused of being the kid on the train from Polar Express (the one with the glasses) - I'm proud that nowadays, I'm one of the few around "FERRARIchat" that defend, well,

Ferrari

I support Ferrari's decisions and the company - I won't lie. I get lots around here now hate what Ferrari is nowadays.

All good. Nothing new, Ferrari always has their haters. Always will.

I'm 100% supportive. (including their F1 team.)

Ripped Fat and Rbarney360 like this.
  23. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    We can start in Yellowstone.

24. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    Oh god, here we go, using actual facts against feelings again. :D

JTSE30 likes this.
  25. ddrewesusa

ddrewesusa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2021
    Full Name:
    Don Drewes
    Yeah, that's what I want, burnt fuel "fragrance". Can I get that in extra large containers since I really like that fake sense of reality...