C8 Z06 | Page 41 | FerrariChat

C8 Z06

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by sainthoo, Jun 10, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darkkaangel

darkkaangel Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2007
    North Texas
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    GM previously said they are testing future models and that they are hiding in plain sight, so maybe that what this is, whatever comes after the Z06.

2. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    new Chevy promo vids. nothing new

docf and Wikdstrate like this.
  3. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    Yup, looking more and more like Chevy is going to have to rename this the "2024 ZO6." :rolleyes:

VAF84 likes this.
  4. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Yeah, I got the promo video email the other day. My first thought was why are you sending me stuff about a car I can't buy yet. I get the car is going to be awesome, but I literally can't buy one if I wanted to for at least two more years, so what's the point. At this point, it may be doing more damage than good. It's like burning a home after listing it too soon. Eventually people ignore the house because it's been sitting there so long.

TheMayor and Wikdstrate like this.
  5. Wikdstrate

Wikdstrate Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2013
    New York
    Full Name:
    Alec
    Yup, I'm not waiting around any longer for this car. I hopped on the list for a 992.2 Turbo S and the next generation AMG GT-C.

We'll see which car becomes available first. :cool:

TheMayor and VAF84 like this.
  6. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    The free 2023 Z06 painted Minted Green found no interest. The NFT feature of the auction absolutely KILLED any interest; with zero bids the final result. Even extending the auction an extra day didn't change the final outcome.

375+, VAF84 and Jo Sta7 like this.
  7. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    NFTs scream of a scam I can see there being no interest.

8. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    I think it was the coin you had to use to participate in the auction. Chevrolet is 100 percent legit. No scam there but the coin issue meant nobody would play...

9. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Price by Trim (including $1,395 Destination Freight Charge)

1LZ

$106,395 (coupe)
    $113,895 (convertible)

2LZ

$115,595 (coupe)
    $122,595 (convertible)

3LZ

$120,245 (coupe)
    $127,245 (convertible)

Pricing shown does not include applicable taxes, title, license, dealer fees or optional equipment.

Notable option packages:
    • Z07 Performance Package – $8,995
      • Includes FE7 suspension, Brembo carbon ceramic brakes, Michelin Pilot Cup 2R ZP tires, and underbody strakes
      • Requires additional Carbon Aero Package with either Visible or Carbon Flash Painted components
    • Carbon Aero Package
      • Composed of carbon fiber splitter, rockers, dive planes and spoiler, available in Visible or Carbon Flash appearance
        • Visible Carbon Fiber - $10,495
        • Carbon Flash-Painted - $8,495
    • Carbon Fiber Wheels – Available with Z07 Performance Package
      • Deliver a 41-pound (18.6 kg) reduction in unsprung mass
        • Visible Carbon Fiber - $11,995
        • Carbon Flash-Painted - $9,995

About all I would like to add is the front lift and some stripes to the 3LT. So it would be about $135K before taxes.

10. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    what it should be. those that thought 89k were completely crazy

11. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

Curious.
    If one got the Carbon aero package is the main difference to the z07 the brakes? I remember reading there were different springs on the z07 to cope with the down-force, Im assuming thats not omitted on the aero pcakage?

Whats the difference between 1,2 and 3lz.

As an aside, the most plentiful cars I see at the big tracks are camaro zl1's with the aero. These cars at a place like the glenn are more than giving Gt3s a run for their money,(dont know what tires they were running) and are significantly quicker than z51 c8s.
    The track guys tend to gravitate to what works, and these days of all cars, surprisingly its the camaro.

12. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Looks like going from T to Z is quite a step! From Chevy site:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

thecarreaper likes this.
  13. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    So, expect 150k to 175k including ADM?

14. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    i would like an lt2 z07 with metal brakes and wheels at about 135k which represents a good value compared to a cayman gt4 or base 911.

boxerman likes this.
  15. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Not going to lie. Much more expensive than I thought. Basically at price parity with my F430, with the bonus of exponentially lower maintenance costs by going with the C8Z. Would have to question swapping them out, but still appealing.

I'd probably go with 2LZ convertible with carbon ground effects for roughly about $133k

16. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean

IMO both a waste of $. Unless you're a race team replacing wheels and rotors every few days neither are practical options for track, and on road their value is that of bling. For track as with other cars some really good forged wheels will be close in weight, more durable and work better for tire replacement every few days, same with steel rotors.

TheMayor and VAF84 like this.
  17. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Lots of people on the Corvette forum complaining.

Jo Sta7, VAF84 and of2worlds like this.
  18. Dragster

Dragster Formula Junior

Jun 8, 2007
    Charlotte, NC
    It looks like 12 grand, but if you want carbon fiber wheels, it's really about $30,000 because in order to get the wheels, you need the Z07 package AND the carbon aero package. All three together will run about 30 grand, but obviously you're also getting the additional content from those two packages.

TheMayor and Edward 96GTS like this.
  19. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    My guess is that 30-40% of the people on "dealer lists" will conk out. First the price is a lot higher than they thought, second prices of C8's are falling and easier to get, and third -- its the economy stupid.

20. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    4 the E rey on street will be "quicker" and more torquey down low for less $.

Given the inital frenzy one can't blame Gm for charging he money, and additional; $ for cosmetic options, its the porche/ferrari playbook.
    Would be nice though if Gm in response to less demand made the z06 even more serious.

95spiderman likes this.
  21. dgoldenz94

dgoldenz94 Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2020
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    David Gold
    You could get C7 Z06's with huge discounts brand new and their MSRP was ~$20k lower. I suspect the C8 will be the same with this pricing, elevated interest rates, and the stock market down 25% from the peak. Everyone thought they'd be able to buy the car, drive it for a year, then flip it for a profit or what they paid and that isn't going to happen at these prices. I thought the Z06 would top out around $130-140k with all options selected but it appears that could be more like $170k. Whole lot of cars available in that kind of price range...

sainthoo, Wikdstrate and VAF84 like this.
  22. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    But what are the sports car options in this price?

Nsx and r8 were there but now winding down production. Ferrari, Lambo, mc are above it. Mc20 is closer but still sig more expensive. Emira is below it. That leaves Porsche with a lower level 911 or higher model Cayman. Am I missing anything else?

I think Chevy priced this in good spot. Typical vette buyers will complain and maybe cancel order but stingrays for them.. Z06 is looking to expand market upwards

23. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    what does a base model coupe get you?

24. luvair

luvair Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 4, 2005

My guess is that 30-40% of the people on "dealer lists" will conk out. First the price is a lot higher than they thought, second prices of C8's are falling and easier to get, and third -- its the economy stupid.”

I also think another 10 to 20% on W/L still love their SR, consequently view the extra ~50K not a justifiable upgrade. Hard to beat the SR for street driving and the proven technology.