Fitted floor mat? | FerrariChat

Fitted floor mat?

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Wingnut, Jul 12, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Wingnut

Wingnut Karting

Feb 11, 2005
    Corolla, NC
    Weather Tech does not make a custom fit floor mat for the Mondial. I'm looking for a driver-side rubber mat as my (new) carpet keeps bunching up under the pedals. Not good. Weather Tech does have a "trim to fit" universal mat for $55. Has anyone found a source better than Weather Tech for your Mondial?
    Mine is a 1990 Mondial t.

2. dmarti02

dmarti02 Karting

Jun 22, 2014
    Haverford, Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Have you checked Cocomats? I did custom ones for my 3.2 and then for another car. Their quality is outstanding.

3. Wingnut

Wingnut Karting

Feb 11, 2005
    Corolla, NC
    I emailed Cocomats. They need a template to custom make a mat for the 1990 Mondial t.
    At $200 a mat, their mats must be special.. Hopefuly their mat won't bunch up under the pedals like my carpet does now.

4. dmarti02

dmarti02 Karting

Jun 22, 2014
    Haverford, Pennsylvania
    Full Name:
    Doug
    They have a very heavy rubber backing and don't bunch up at all. While my goal is always OEM mats that match the carpets, but I'm rarely that lucky. The process at cocomats is pretty easy and they will send you swatches if you want to confirm the materials. Good luck and please post if you find any other solid alternative.

5. Wingnut

Wingnut Karting

Feb 11, 2005
    Corolla, NC
    The good news is that Cocomats do have solid black mats (matching my black carpet) without additional colors sprinkled in. Will post a pic when it comes. They say it takes several weeks. BTW, Cocomats will not emboss a prancing horse on the mat.

6. RobbyC

RobbyC Rookie

Apr 7, 2021
    Northern WIsconsin
    Full Name:
    Rob Calderwood
    Looking forward to seeing them. Which mat did you choose? Original Coco?

7. Wingnut

Wingnut Karting

Feb 11, 2005
    Corolla, NC
    The solid black Cocomat choices were:
    Coco - $200
    Sisal - $200
    Echo - $250
    Wool - $300
    Sent them my templates for a "final" cost on each of these. The above costs is their "starting" cost for 2 mats.
    I'm leaning toward wool, unless the "final" cost gets crazy high. My 2nd "budget" choice is either sisal or coco.

8. Adrian Clarke

Adrian Clarke Rookie

Feb 9, 2022
    United Kingdom
    Full Name:
    Adrian Clarke
    I need a set of floormats foe mine, but I'm in the UK if anyone has any suggestions?

9. RobbyC

RobbyC Rookie

Apr 7, 2021
    Northern WIsconsin
    Full Name:
    Rob Calderwood
    I like the wool too. Thanks for the breakdown!

10. DocBasilone

DocBasilone Karting

Apr 15, 2020
    NW PA
    would love to find tan with red ferrari horse on it for my t

11. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    I have Lloyds of London mats in mine, they are like RR carpet, very nice, thick carpet. But you have to find a way to retain them. I used Ferrari cufflinks thru the holes and white zip tieds the to the front seat posts. little redneck innovation? yes, but they look good and are not visible.