430 - My Experience with 360Trev ECU Tune/Flash | FerrariChat

430 My Experience with 360Trev ECU Tune/Flash

Discussion in '360/430' started by VAF84, Dec 2, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Hello fellow FChatters, I want to take a minute to provide some positive feedback of my interactions with Trev and his ECU flash upgrade on my 2005 F430.

The short version is that Trev is a stand up guy who goes above and beyond in trying to satisfy the customer, and his ECU flash is well worth the money, in particular to anyone who has aftermarket parts (i.e. exhaust).

Here's the longer version. Over the past year Trev was beyond patient with me. First with fielding my many questions about the flash, it's reliability, and how it would affect my F430. Then, after doing the flash, in helping me trouble shoot issues I had afterward. At any point he could have said to himself that the transaction was done and ghosted me. However, he didn't, he took the time to explain what issues I might be having, and to go back and review my ECU data to see if he could help. Due to my frequent travel, this went on for about a year, as I'd intermittently express my frustration with the issues and he stuck with me. Finally, I discovered the root cause of my issues, but then it seemed there might have been a small issue with the initial ECU update too; although I'm not 100% sure.

Regardless, we got the ECU reflashed last week with the stage 2, and everything is fantastic. Everything has improved. The shifting, drivability, some additional power (seat of the pants gauge), and so on. I've only had it for about a week or two, but I was able to feel the difference upon driving out of the shop just based on how much better it shifts in daily driving. The best part is that this should be 50 state compliant, although I have not personally had to do pass an inspection outside of Texas. So the future owner can benefit from this.

I feel that you can really tell a good business by how it handles adverse situations, in this case Trev passed with flying colors. In all, I wouldn't hesitate working with @360trev or buying any of his products in the future; and I appreciate the positive impact of his work and it's effects on my F430 and the Ferrari community in general.

AHudson, Texas Forever, cpep and 8 others like this.
  2. Flyingbrick242

Flyingbrick242 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2017
    Northern AZ.
    I could not agree more..Trev is a stand up guy..I would not hesitate to do business with him.

VAF84 likes this.
  3. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Same here one the first times I really look forward to driving my 360.
    Immo delete super nice just turn key and press start.

VAF84 likes this.
  4. collegeboy

collegeboy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2007
    Texas and Kauai
    Full Name:
    Mikey
    Great post and I'm glad you are enjoying your car. I'm really looking forward to his flash on my Challenge Stradale. I've heard so many good things about it.

clean512 and VAF84 like this.
  5. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Recently had mine re-flashed by Trev from a previous tune by from another tuner. To say it was a night and day difference is an understatement. Car felt like a new animal

Qavion, Mel Spillman, VAF84 and 2 others like this.
  6. Red Mythos

Red Mythos Rookie

Aug 23, 2022
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jan
    My 360 ecu’s getting flashed by Trevor tomorrow, I can’t wait too get them in the car and experience all the good things everybody talks about. Hope I will notice some improvement

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

VAF84 likes this.
  7. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

Awesome! Hope all goes well, I'm sure you'll love it.

Red Mythos likes this.
  8. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    2 years with the tune and love it.

VAF84 and Red Mythos like this.
  9. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Had my F430 tuned by @360trev and definitely feels like a different car. Incredible tune. Would highly recommend also getting the @ScudIng Swiss e- diff module with the tune.

VAF84 likes this.
  10. JAMES MANSFIELD

Feb 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    JAMES MANSFIELD
    Thanks for the review, how do you reach Trev?
    I’ve tried through Fchat and nothing.
    Thank you!
    J

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

KC360 FL likes this.
  11. boostedt0y

boostedt0y Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2014
    Bay Area, CA
    have you passed California smog with the tune? I had a Cobb tune on my old gt3 and I failed smog last year due to the new check sum check that was implemented last year to flag cars with aftermarket tunes.

ditpixs likes this.
  12. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Yes.

VAF84 likes this.
  13. clean512

clean512 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2010
    Full Name:
    Josh @jtcarprojects
    When there is a will there is a way.

VAF84 likes this.
  14. boostedt0y

boostedt0y Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2014
    Bay Area, CA
    Great news that car passed with the tune.

I’m also very aware of the “ways” to pass smog even under the new smog check, but not everyone has those options available.

VAF84 likes this.
  15. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I DM'd you his number.

16. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I would be scared to try this because I had both my heads milled 11 mils during my engine rebuild and consequently have more compression than normal. The car has crazy power now.

17. BoulderLiving

BoulderLiving Rookie

May 28, 2022
    Full Name:
    Neil L
    I have nothing but amazing things to say about Trev. Not only did he help me get my car to pass emissions (gray market in CO), but he got it done in time so I could get my plates and drive the car to my wedding. The car is night and day different in the best way possible.

VAF84 and Texas Forever like this.
  18. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    do you mind letting us know who?

19. VAF84

VAF84 Formula 3

I'm not sure I understand the question. Are you asking about Trev?

20. chnco

chnco Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2014
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Allen C
    sorry meant to quote this one. What was previous tune?

21. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    It's really great to hear all the kudos for Trev. I think all his ECU work began a number of years ago when he figured out the immobilizer issue in my CS. I think my car was one of the first to have that immo problem. Back then he was just being a car guy and helping me out. He even just showed up in AZ to get to the bottom of things. We have been friends ever since. We always joke that if we lived in the same zip code, we would never get any work done. Aside from being absolutely brilliant when it comes to computers, code, etc. He is a great guy and I always look forward to our visits and when he lets me in on a new project.... even though I usually have absolutely no idea what he's talking about when he gets a bit techy. :)

If you are thinking about working with him, you and your car won't regret it!

22. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Is there an 'Agent' in the US that does his tune or is it only done at AV Eng in the UK?

23. nchhotu

nchhotu Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2007
    Roseville, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Agent in US did mine. PM me for details.

24. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    EAG in texas works closely with trev

VAF84 likes this.
  25. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name: