The National Ferrari Owners Day | Page 3 | FerrariChat

The National Ferrari Owners Day

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Wheels1, Apr 5, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ntatfas

ntatfas Karting

Apr 27, 2011
    UK
    ... and just following up. We could have a FerrariChat section where we could meet each other, take photos of our cars and thus join the "Ferrari Owners" section :)

2. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    It is worth noting that you could have gone into the Pliot's Mess cafe for food and/or coffee which was in one of the buildings to the right of where the auction was. I went in there for lunch (thanks to a friend pointing it out) and it was pretty good, although I foolishly went for the "mega breakfast" and moving around afterwards was a bit harder than before thanks to all the extra weight!

That said, I agree the event is basically a load of cars parked in a field. Luckily they are Ferraris which is a whole lot more interesting than might otherwise be the case but it could do with a bit more imaginative use of the venue.

3. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    This shows some of the Ferrari carpark

4. waenjan

waenjan Rookie

Dec 4, 2012
    Hoeksche Waard, The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jan van Warendorp
    There was a Ferrari sale from Silverstone Auctions at this event. Lot number 714 was a white 1976 308 GTB Vetroresina (NOX400R) which has been owned and reviewed by Harry Metcalfe. This car had an estimate of GBP 125k-140k and was not sold. Can anyone tell me what the highest bid for this car was.
    I'm following the market for this model and can't find this info on the www.

5. Ferrari27

Ferrari27 Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2010
    According to Hammer Price the high bid was £102,500.

waenjan likes this.
  6. waenjan

waenjan Rookie

Dec 4, 2012
    Hoeksche Waard, The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Jan van Warendorp
    Thank you for this information. This car has an interesting price history. When Harry Metcalfe bougth it from Hairpin Company in february 2013 the asking price was GBP 75k. He sold it in december 2013 for over 100k. When Harry reviewed the car in 2017 it was again for sale at Hairpin Company for 150k. And last year it didn't sell at the Sywell auction with a high bid of 102,5k. I wonder when it will be for sale again and for how much.

7. Wheels1

Wheels1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 23, 2007
    UK
    Full Name:
    Grant
    The National Ferrari day this year is on June the 3rd for Ferrari and the 4th for all Italian cars.