DFW - “Hanging at the Hangar” Austin | FerrariChat

DFW “Hanging at the Hangar” Austin

Discussion in 'Texas' started by EFerrari34, Jan 24, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. EFerrari34

EFerrari34 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 19, 2021
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    Good afternoon,

Could someone with experience please explain what this event entails? Someone mentioned it to me, but I would appreciate details. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I have never been to this event, but I have been to the Hangar Hotel a bunch. It is one of my favorites. OK Rooms, fun "officers club", tasty breakfast place, watch planes from patio, best driving roads in Texas, and access to best restaurants in Fredericksburg.

https://www.hangarhotel.com

3. EFerrari34

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 19, 2021
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    Thanks Rob. Are you coming to the event in Southlake in the next few weeks?

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    #4 Rifledriver, Jan 24, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2023
    Been many times. Everyone meets up at the Hangar Hotel in Fredricksburg. It is on the property of the airport, a WW2 training base. The decor is WW2 aviation oriented. Everyone hangs at the hotel bar on Friday night. Its a good time by itself. All Saturday will consist of a couple of run groups doing a drive in the Hill Country with a joint lunch stop at some predetermined spot. It will be a great drive with great scenery. Saturday night will be a group dinner event at some nearby venue.
    Sunday morning everyone gets together for group pictures and then go their separate ways. Its this chapters most popular annual event and we get quite a few from San Antonio and Houston.
    Make an early reservation at the Cabernet Grill (its very close to the hotel) for Friday dinner. Its quite good and will be very busy because of so many club members going there. I say early so you dont cut too much into your time at the hotel bar get together.

Have a full tank of gas on Saturday AM. You'll need it. It will be a full day of driving and it will not be at economy run speeds.
    You will see places in the Hill Country back country you did not know existed.

Attached Files:

5. EFerrari34

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 19, 2021
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Timothy
    Thanks very much.

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I may go to the Kincaids Hamburger if around.

7. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Rifledriver’s description is spot on. There are only 6 rooms left in the hotel. Event registration will open in about a month. For FCA members.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

8. Octonion

Octonion Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2020
    USA
    Can someone please share info on the event? I am not in FCA yet.

9. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Rifledriver's description above is a good snapshot of our Fredericksburg weekend. The big 2: Socializing with Ferrari owners, Drives in Hill Country
    You will need to be an FCA member to participate as the weekend is sponsored by the Hill Country Chapter FCA. The Hangar Hotel is completely booked but there are other hotels in the area.
    Event registration opens early next week.

SAFE4NOW and Octonion like this.