The Purosangue Thread | Page 249 | FerrariChat

The Purosangue Thread

Discussion in 'Purosangue' started by MDEL, Dec 6, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    The Purosangue latest promotional video

JL350, anunakki, Maggio23 and 5 others like this.
  2. bumcubed

bumcubed Karting

Apr 15, 2022
    The V12 can’t be rudimentary based on my limited experience with its predecessors but I guess you can get desensitised (I haven’t and love these Ferrari NAs)!

3. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I have an 812 GTS for that itch but I get it.

4. bumcubed

bumcubed Karting

Apr 15, 2022
    That explains it! (And that’s my dream car!)

5. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    Gracious thank you

6. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Caeruleus11, paulchua, JAM1 and 3 others like this.
  7. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    There is nothing, absolutely nothing to justify its price tag. This is pure Stilantis price gouging at its best. Good on them..get that money..

elmadi and Chicko like this.
  8. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Try to learn how to spell Stellantis frist. Then try understanding that Stellantis hs nothing to do with Ferrari anymore.

Divexxtreme, AMN, anunakki and 4 others like this.
  9. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    A huge pie on my face for telling the man off about spelling, whilst I misspelled two words myself (first and has), due to hastiness.

10. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    Do you think there is less production cost and development in a Purosangue compared with an 812? They may be expensive but given it has a 6.5l V12 engine, a unique body format, 4RM, two transmissions and all the Ferrari software plus a sumptuous leather interior with four seats instead of two, Did you expect a £200k car when the 812 was around £350k-£400k spec’d up five years ago? There will be less production and development cost in an 812.

And please don’t say £200k is where the market is because they’re all sold out.

11. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom

Like I said..get that money.

12. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry

I really dig the Puro but yeah I agree they are gouging. Oh well, if you can get it...get it!

tbakowsky and elmadi like this.
  13. Chicko

Chicko Formula 3

I never knew this thing could not even tow. What ridiculous and pointless concept.

14. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Weird thing is their SUV will be equipped with a glorious NA V12 engine while their future halo car will certainly have a V6TT ..
    Wokeism again ?:D

JJ77 and day355 like this.
  15. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    Just read that this will start at $398,350 USD on Car and Driver. Wowzy

16. marko.urbac

marko.urbac Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2015
    Croatia
    Is there a reason why the Purosangue does not have a sub-forum yet?

17. pk328

pk328 Karting

Oct 16, 2003
    Nottingham, UK
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Question on the rear doors of the Purosangue: I've seen that they are electrically operated when opening - does that mean that if you are in a tight parking spot, e.g. parked next to another car or a wall, it will just open until it clangs against the other object? Would seem a pretty fundamental operating flaw if that's the case.

elmadi and willcrook like this.
  18. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Well questioned, AFAIK your usual electrically opened trunk (doors for the matter) doesn't stop until it makes contact, no idea if any top end manufacturers ever put any effort to solve this.

19. Ekki F

Ekki F Rookie

Feb 10, 2018
    Dear pk328, the electrically opening function does only work when a person is opening the door via the outside "button". So the person outside can control the door and stop it in narrow space areas. Opening the door as a passenger from inside is mechanical only. But closing from inside is electrically via a button in the B-column.

phanliu and G. Pepper like this.
  20. PATRIEK

PATRIEK Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Patriek
    sold out ??? our dealership is still taking orders and deposits ....

21. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Has this dumb thing been cancelled yet?

22. Scraggy

Scraggy Formula 3

Apr 2, 2012
    England
    Full Name:
    Scraggy
    I think one distinction is that many Ferrari products are either demonstrably superior or extremely distinctive. I would say it is unlikely this will be demonstrably better than an Urus Perf or Cayenne TGT (first time cars rarely are) so that leaves distinctive. There is nothing distinctive re this car, except a V12 engine which is less suitable than a high torque TT V8. The only reason a V12 was chosen is so the car is taken “seriously”. IMHO.

I think residuals will be super weak after the UK after a honeymoon period, esp with the buy back agreements.

For me £275k loaded feels right.

elmadi, PATRIEK and sailfly like this.
  23. jumpinjohn

jumpinjohn F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2013
    Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    Only in the mind of FChat. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

24. footsoldier

footsoldier Karting

Sep 18, 2009
    they have certainly done a great marketing job, turning the "50% in 2 years" depreciating Lusso into a locked out sales success.
    The suspension is the main difference underneath, and then it's the lure of the "SUV". No doubt it will be a great car, so is the Lusso, but it does show that perception is reality!

Kmaaq likes this.
  25. Lukeylikey

Lukeylikey F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2012
    UK
    #6225 Lukeylikey, Feb 25, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2023
    There will be lots of views but I think the PS will be demonstrably superior. It looks much better than a Urus, has a very sophisticated suspension system, Ferrari’s excellent chassis development and software solutions, plus a V12 engine. It’s not the first car because the format is familiar from the FF and Lusso. I’ve owned both and their drivetrain in the PS body promises to be ideal. Who knows about depreciation but I think the car will be brilliant and rarer than competitors, albeit more expensive. I think sometimes even fchat should acknowledge something for what it is - of course we can debate whether they should have done it (no problem with it from my perspective but fair enough if others think differently) - but as a FUV/SUV it’s a great job they look to have done here. I don’t think we’ll see 50% depreciation after two years but I guess that will depend on production volumes v demand.

chrixxx, MDEL, Caeruleus11 and 2 others like this.