F355 Market | Page 451 | FerrariChat

F355 Market

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, May 19, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    From my experience selling on BaT if you're a realistic seller the car will almost always sell on BaT and thats most likely the best premium you'll get as opposed to selling on open market- and in the event a car doesn't sell on BaT and goes RNM you're usually constricted to near that RNM number...i've had 3 out of my 30 cars on BaT go RNM and each time i'd sell right after the auction for maybe $5-10K more ..so don't expect to get a huge delta between your RNM price and what you actually sell it for, it will still be in the same ball park 99% of the time.

(of course low mileage special cars have a different market, i'm discussing clean drivers here)

Euro VS U.S i don't believe is a huge factor, the premium for a USA car maybe 5-8% more if that..the Euro cars have cleaner bumpers and some other little features many also love.

As for 993 vs 355 totally different cars, i daily drove my 355 for 4 months but my usual DD is a 993C2S, the 355 is pure excitement and an event to drive..the 993C2S is a car that does EVERYTHING right , head to the canyons for a spirited drive then goto the grocery store then take a 7 hour road trip., from reliability to fun...currently i don't have either ones as a DD as i sold them both to DD a 458 lol..but eventually another C2S will be my DD.

458Piloti, Closingtime and Targatime like this.
  2. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Excellent post, thank you for your insight!

Tarek307 likes this.
  3. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  5. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  6. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    Well, it is Swaters Blue. Ever everybody want to me me.:D:cool:

Seriously, like I said, I'm surprised. The car wasn't that good when I looked at it in 2011 @ $50k. Doesn't look much better now. Doesn't make sense to me. But, it's Amelia Island.

You may win our bet on the silver GTB at Goodings. ;)

ShineKen likes this.
  7. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

Coming right up :eek:

https://www.goodingco.com/lot/1998-ferrari-f355-berlinetta/

8. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    steved033 likes this.
  9. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    A lot of us think it IS a better car…..but yes, There are other reasons too.

10. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016

Yes, "better" is too subjective I suppose.

Shark01 likes this.
  11. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    “This stunning F355 Spider was built in September 1995 then delivered new to New Mexico. Painted in a rare and stunning Blu Swaters over Cuoio (natural) leather interior, this F355 is best of all, fitted with the desirable 6-Speed Manual Gearbox. Spending its life between Arizona, New Mexico, Florida and North Carolina, the car was exported to Europe in 2015 where it was part of a private collection and rarely used. Regularly maintained, it was serviced in 2018 and moreover, received a complete service by Ferrari Charles Pozzi Le Mans in January 2023 for a total of €15,700.”

The interior looks more Tobacco than Cuoio to me.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. Mike Morrissey

Mike Morrissey Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2018
    Denver, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike Morrissey
    I have an itch to shampoo those OEM floor mats.....:rolleyes:

ShineKen likes this.
  13. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Silver F355B just sold for $150k…

Tarek307 and Wsmatau like this.
  14. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    I’ve lost faith in humanity… (if true)

15. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
  16. Wsmatau

Wsmatau Formula Junior

Sep 21, 2016
    Even I will admit that that appears to be well bought. ;)

Closingtime likes this.
  17. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
  18. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    tres55, Closingtime and ShineKen like this.
  19. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    168k for a higher mile argento car is amazing- historically thats a low value color for f355.

20. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    When I first went shopping for a 355, the very first one I went to see was a Silver Berlinetta. I didn’t fall in love with, but I did appreciate seeing one in silver. Looks intriguing, but still too Porsche-looking for me :).

If argento is someone’s jam, this was an excellent car to buy. Personally, I just hate seeing a very well presented car get marginally more than a car who’s owner figured the $29.99 local car wash special was adequate before putting car up for sale/auction.

21. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    I passed on a low mile argento gtb in like 2014 - ask was $47k

22. johnk...

johnk... F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 11, 2004
    CT
    Full Name:
    John Kreskovsky
    #11273 johnk..., Mar 2, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
    ShineKen likes this.
  23. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    Now we know there is least 1 other person in the world as crazy as Johnk :).

24. Closingtime

Closingtime Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 1, 2020
    Sales price was a little light, but there were a few things that kept the price down. It looks like Gooding modified the listing with an Addendum that states the receipts were not included in the sale. That means there wasn't any proof of the $19k service done in preparation for the sale.

Thursday, when most people are working, doesn't seem like a great time to sell this type of car (non-low production or 7 figure car). I didn't realize that the Amelia Island auctions had already started today.

Argento isn't the ideal color that a Ferrari buyer would pay a premium to acquire. I believe I stated that a few days ago. Resale red is a consistent color and the blues/white/rarer shades and the darker color combinations have been selling for a premium recently.

Lastly, the public sales price of $66k less than 6 years ago hurt this sale. It's difficult for buyers to mentally justify paying 3x more than what it sold for in 2017.

Overall, a great deal for the buyer on a relatively rare spec Berlinetta F355 manual. Even the dreamers should be kicking themselves for not bidding. The new owner can drive this car for years and will get their money back or make some when it's time to sell again. I wouldn't be surprised if we see this car come up for sale again in August during Car Week. Many of the same cars continue to be recycled for sale, giving the illusion that there are so many available for sale.

ShineKen likes this.