Spia abs accesa | FerrariChat

Spia abs accesa

Discussion in '348/355' started by Valerio F355, Mar 18, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Valerio F355

Valerio F355 Rookie

Apr 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Valerio Bombonati
    Bongiorno a tutti mi presento, mi chiamo Valerio e scrivo da Varese, lago maggiore e questo è il mio primo post nel gruppo.
    Ho visto che c’erano già altre discussioni aperte in merito alla spia abs accesa ma non ho più letto di eventuali soluzioni, praticamente dopo essersi guastato l’alternare ha iniziato a lampeggiare la spia abs per poi rimanere accesa, è una 355 gts manuale 2.7 motronic, la mia domanda è: qualcuno è riuscito a risolvere il problema è poi me avrei un’altra: dove si trova la presa a tre pin ds1 della centralina abs?
    Io ho guardato sotto la moquette lati guida sollevando la guarnizione e alzando la paratia ho trovato la centralina abs ma il cavo sd non lo trovo.
    Ringrazio tutti anticipatamente e complimenti per il bel Forum

2. Laserman

Laserman Karting

Oct 26, 2018
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hello all, this is a Google Translate version from Laserman

It might be best to translate your responses into Italian.

Hello everyone, my name is Valerio and I write from Varese, lake Maggiore and this is my first post in the group.
    I saw that there were already other open discussions regarding the abs light on but I have no longer read of any solutions, practically after the alternator failed the abs light started flashing and then stayed on, it is a manual 355 gts 2.7 motronic, my question is: has anyone managed to solve the problem and then I would have another: where is the three-pin socket ds1 of the abs control unit?
    I looked under the carpet on the driver's sides, lifting the gasket and lifting the bulkhead, I found the abs control unit but I can't find the sd cable.
    Thank you all in advance and congratulations for the nice forum

Qavion likes this.
  3. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    I don't think the Teves ABS system has an SD connector to diagnose ABS faults. There is a procedure in the Workshop Manual for diagnosing the system by putting a 5 or 10 ampere fuse in the empty fuse holder in the forward luggage compartment and then recording the number of flashes of the ABS warning light.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

(Thanks to @rudy P for the photograph)

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    In text format for easier translation:

Anomalies are shown by the ABS warning light in the form of numerical codes (two figure numbers from 11 to 78):
    The operator may request decoding of faults stored in the electronic control unit whether these are still present at the time of the check or occurred by chance then disappeared (e.g. radio interference induced by external environment).

Proceed as follows:
    1- with the car at a standstill (do not turn wheels if the car is raised), check that ignition is off.

2- Insert a normal fuse (5 or 10 amps) in fuse holder E (in order to earth control unit pin no. 26).

3-Turn ignition key to MARCIA position and observe the behaviour of the ABS warning light which should have come on in the meantime. If it goes off after 45 and stays off, the control unit has no electrical defects.

4- In the case of failure indication, after 4 seconds, the light goes off for 1/2 second then carries out a series of 1/2 second flashes at 1 second intervals. It then goes off for some 2 seconds immediately afterward and then starts to flash again (1/2s each) before staying illuminated indefinitely (Fig. 27). The number of flashes in the first and second sequence form the tens and units of the failure code respectively (32 in the example in Fig. 27). The type of failure may then be read off the code table shown on page 50. The diagnostic system of this control unit can store up to seven different anomalies at the same time, each identified by a two-figure numerical code (from 11 to 78) provided that the first numbers of each code are all different (tens). In the case of two different anomalies with codes belonging to the same groups of tens, one only will be stored and the check system will not report the second failure.

5-To complete the error code display sequence, extract and replace fuse E, Fig. 26, leaving the ignition key in position MARCIA position. Each time the fuse is inserted, the warning light shows a new error code. The sequence is complete when the ABS warning light stays on indefinitely after fuse insertion without flashing. The operator may ask to see the error code sequence again. The device need only be reset and the ignition key turned again to the MARCIA position. Note: control valve failure involve automatic control unit cut-out and consequent inability to memorise further anomaly codes. If the check indicates valve failure, it will therefore be necessary to repair the valve immediately and road test the car in order to record and identify further anomalies.

6 - Deletion of memory
    After displaying all anomalies and carrying out all necessary repairs, remove fuse "E" and road test the car.

I assume "MARCIA" is "RUN/ON"

Valerio F355 and WATSON like this.
  4. Valerio F355

Valerio F355 Rookie

Apr 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Valerio Bombonati

5. Valerio F355

Valerio F355 Rookie

Apr 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Valerio Bombonati
    thanks for the valuable advice, I can't figure out which pin 26 is to be grounded, however tomorrow I'll try to reset the ECU

6. asgor

asgor Formula Junior

Sep 8, 2016
    Virginia, USA
    A Vale', qui parlano tutti inglese.

Ce l'hai il manuale di manutenzione? Se non ce l'hai lo puoi scaricare facilmente su Internet. Io ho solo quello della 348, altrimenti te lo passerei. Li' troverai la procedura per interrogare il sistema ABS, il quale generera' un lampeggio particolare della spia sul cruscotto a seconda del problema interno riscontrato.

7. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    #7 Qavion, Mar 18, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
    Valerio, pin 26 is grounded automatically when you insert the test fuse.

Lo schema elettrico è qui:
    https://www.dropbox.com/t/X2XWzq1NUZSGInI5

Valerio F355 likes this.
  8. Valerio F355

Valerio F355 Rookie

Apr 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Valerio Bombonati
    ok, many thanks now I'll start then I'll update you

9. Valerio F355

Valerio F355 Rookie

Apr 27, 2020
    Full Name:
    Valerio Bombonati
    ok problem solved, I already had a fuse inserted inside the door, as I removed it the light went off immediately. thanks for the support!

montegoblue and Qavion like this.
  10. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    La police du forum recherche la personne qui a mis le fusible dans le porte-fusible ;)