Lamborghini Revuelto | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Lamborghini Revuelto

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by Jonathan19, Dec 31, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Yan-Alexandre

Yan-Alexandre Karting

Dec 15, 2016
    After seeing it at the factory, I have two practical concerns with its design:
    - the headlights look like an incredible dirt nest
    - how long can you park it on the street before some smart guy throws his garbage in the exposed engine compartment, or even unplugs a cable?

Modulo_B likes this.
  2. Yan-Alexandre

Yan-Alexandre Karting

Dec 15, 2016
    Oh, and the matte paints look better, much better.
    There's a beautiful navy blue matte car with a red and black interior at the factory. That one turns heads.

ryalex likes this.
  3. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    I think the sounds you are hearing are we want to stay in their good graces so we will be invited for some one on one time with the car for a review so they can increase their channel's presence

and they are genuine in that desire...

as for me, good luck to those new owners, exceedingly complex drivetrain, alien sounds emanating, just hope they get the battery right so no self-immolation events

4. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    If you look closely, as currently designed, it will be a potential ignition source for flammable debris that gets caught in the chambers and works its way down the headers, which are not all that far down in the frame...

Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Yan-Alexandre

Yan-Alexandre Karting

Dec 15, 2016
    It's such a strange design.
    That rear hood isn't even pretty to look at, and having visited the factory's carbon fiber department, I can attest that it's a hell of a lot of work to make that part.

6. Spet00

Spet00 Karting

Jul 21, 2020
    Any ideas as to why they decided to leave the front radiators exposed with no mesh grilles covering them? No one from Lamborghini seems williing to answer, and they keep editing the official photos they release of it to make the front radiator areas seem like an area of nothing but void. Would've been easy to hide them using a mesh grille of some sort.

Attached Files:

NürScud likes this.
  7. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I never had the engine exposed
    I see your point. When I was there in New York they said this car is lighter by 100 lbs including all the extra electric motors and battery over the Aventador. They were very concerned about the weight. Now I do agree that some plastic or carbon fiber piece there would not kill the deal.

Modulo_B and Spet00 like this.
  8. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Maybe some part of the Revuelto is lighter than its predecessor, but not the entire car. By Lamborghini's own documentation it is nearly 4000lbs without fluids, that is much heavier than before (nearly 500 lbs heavier).

https://www.lamborghini.com/sites/it-en/files/DAM/lamborghini/facelift_2019/model_detail/revuelto/brochure/LB744_REVUELTO_DIGITAL_BROCHURE.pdf

Page 31:
    DRY WEIGHT*
    1772 kg
    (3906 lbs)

Predecessor:
    https://www.lamborghini.com/en-en/news/aventador-lp-780-4-ultimae-it-takes-time-to-become-timeless

dry weight of just 1,550 kg
    (3417 lbs)

9. jpalmito

jpalmito F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2009
    Le caylar (France)
    Full Name:
    mathieu Jeantet
    Car will be 2000kgs with fluids and the driver.
    This is becoming absurd.

Spyder-Man and JTSE30 like this.
  10. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    I received the Canadian price list today and my Giallo Countach pre-config spec works out to around $880,000 with luxury tax. We're still waiting to receive the final spec so the price increase or decrease. Two options that stood out to me was the paint which is $16,0000 and the carbon steering wheel which is $10,000. The interior comes with standard carbon.

Boomhauer, EarlyCat and ryalex like this.
  11. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    $646k USD is kind of expected but even then you step back and say "wow..." To think a regular line production car is commanding that kind of price. An Enzo was $678,000?

A young teller at my bank is a car guy. He was asking me how much a 296 costs. When I broke it down with options, it dawned on me that a GTS with 3 layer paint is approaching what a Carrera GT cost new in 2004 [$448,000]. I remember seeing several new CGT sit on dealer floors, unsold for a year or more.

But $448k was the absolute top-of-the-line car for Porsche! Of course now I'm getting to the point in my career where that number is within reach, but $1.5m isn't. My real heartbreak is how 288GTOs jumped like 12x.

sailfly, Boomhauer and SLDriver like this.
  12. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    This too, annoys me. I'm OK to leave the intake blank but in that case have a black rad! The light silver colour is detracting and acting like a focal point.

In the old days, as BHP was hard to gain it was considered prudent to try to reduce weight. I thought my Countach is heavy at 1400 odd KG's but seems to be a lightweight compared to modern cars. I know safety and comfort factors add to mass but 2 ton weight is significant.

13. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    Boomhauer likes this.
  14. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Boomhauer and SLDriver like this.
  15. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
  16. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Says "Ah dude . . . that is so cool" a lot :D

Surprised that when the car went past his open window, could not hear it at all. Muted at low rev's I'm sure for noise emissions. Does the car have exhaust valves that open at x RPM?

17. EMILIO

EMILIO F1 Veteran

Feb 23, 2006
    Italia
    well....it should be said that miura was king of gold chain weaerers in the 60's
    i know a local guy that had one second hand back then and it was percieved at that sort of car: tasteless people, young music stars, playboys etc..
    so nothing changed
    we should not confuse the way vintage lambos are seen today as what they looked like when new or used cars in period

p.s. i do believe miura and countach are great design but both appealed a lot to gold chainers in period

18. islerodreaming

islerodreaming Formula 3

Aug 11, 2007
    Full Name:
    John - a proud Australian man
    Hi Emilio, my comment purely related to the cars the Ferruccio set out to build - 350GT, 400GT, Islero and Espada not the ones he was talked into..

EMILIO likes this.
  19. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
  20. sp1der

sp1der F1 Rookie

Jan 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Ashley
    Crikey that is a long time in production, even for a low volume car

21. Spyder-Man

Spyder-Man Formula 3

May 11, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Recently visited the factory and seen the car in the flesh on the production line. Not customers cars. It's a lot better when seen live and not in pics. I still think the colour choice will play a large part.

Also, they have sold the last of the Huracan, you can't order one now. So something else coming in the next 2 years I suspect.

Boomhauer and F2003-GA like this.
  22. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Congrats

Boomhauer and SLDriver like this.
  23. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    My guess is the production line isn't running at 100% capacity.

Boomhauer likes this.
  24. SLDriver

SLDriver Formula Junior

May 1, 2005
    The Huracan replacement will be shown some time next year but I did hear that they're showing the EV concept at Quail this year.

F2003-GA and Spyder-Man like this.