F8 - Extended Warranty options and pricing | FerrariChat

F8 Extended Warranty options and pricing

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MalibuGuy, May 12, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I think I will purchase an extended warranty for my F8 spider.

anyone with the info about length mileage limits and wiggle room on the price?

Hoping to cover things like ECUs, wiring harness ,electric windows, HVAC (a broken button might require a new unit!) and of course heat exchangers, electric steering pump, DCT , magneride shocks, turbos , inter coolers, engine ....

(ok already talked my self into the benefits)

AD211 likes this.
  2. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Yeah those turbo cars require warranty ha ha. Whats with your other car then? Somebody with your knowledge needs no warranty.

3. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    The 2 year factory extension (which covers everything that the first 3 years cover)-- is available at time of purchase from a Ferrari dealership... the dealer COST of that extension is $4900 ... in Florida, it is regulated and the retail price is $5995. Every other state can sell for whatever they want, within reason and usually based on dealer set max markup.... most will try to sell for $8400 for a $3500 profit (and still worth it imho)... but others may negotiate with you, within reason..... THIS factory extension in only available IF you bought from Ferrari dealer and bought extension at same time... you also CAN NOT buy from one dealer and then try to buy the warranty in Florida, for example, to save money- must be purchased from the selling dealer. The mileage is unlimited, just as the original 3 years. Ferrari just announced within past year that you can get 2 MORE years of this after the first 2 years are up-- equalling 7 total years... that second extension is NOT the same price-- in Florida, it is $8900 I believe and same situation applies to other states marking it up over cost.

ALL other available warranties/variants ('extended service contracts' in actuality) are NOT that price and, in my opinion, are NOT worth it as they do NOT cover all mechanical, electrical and cosmetic faults/breakdowns....

oh sh*t, you're not in US right? Disregard everything I just said and carry on living your life. I'm an idiot. :)

MalibuGuy and mdrums like this.
  4. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Question, I was quoted $11,800 from Tampa plus an inspection fee to extend my 488 2 more years. 2019 488 bought from Ferrari Lauderdale and negotiated in a 2 year extension. My extension expires in October. I think with inspection I’m looking at $12,600. Another issue is I might have labor cost to put stock springs back on it and that’s a few thousand….. I don’t think this is worth it at all. I’d probably do better selling the car or trading it in for something else.

5. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    my 458 had too much in mileage to qualify Do that car has been lived an unprotected life after the factory 3 year expired.

6. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    thanks so much for this great info

I live in California which actually come to think about it , sort of is like living in a foreign country.
    Cali vows to be all electric vehicle by 2030. Never-mind that the state has no clue about balancing its budget, or how to manage water resources, or manage its homeless , or deter violent crime ....

sorry to digress

rossodino, RamsHmb, Ash Patel and 3 others like this.
  7. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Yes, the second extension is more expensive but I didn’t think it was 11.8– it must be though since Florida is regulated. Did you pay 5995 for the first one?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I don’t remember the cost…when I bought my car…used…I got them to add it at no cost to me.

9. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Well, it was a cost to you. Can’t be any other way… all they did was discount the selling price by $5995 and add the warranty so it was ‘included’. Check your buyers order and I’m sure you’ll see that. But still, that’s good.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

10. Hopeful

Hopeful Karting

May 31, 2019
    Vero Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Tony M.
    My 2-year extension (years 6 & 7) on my 2018 488 Spider this year was $10,800 from my Florida dealer and I did not but the car from them originally.

SAFE4NOW and 05F430F1 like this.
  11. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/ferrari-warranty-options-and-pricing-as-of-8-18-2022.663929/

05F430F1 can speak to FL

MY first hand experience currently is:

Warranty extension may be purchased anytime the chassis is still covered under the initial 3 year warranty or 4&5th year extension periods.

Any Ferrari Dealership can submit the policy for an owner, however the vehicle must be presented in person at time of purchase. ( It has to be scanned in at arrival & scanned out again when
    everything's finished )

Ferrari currently has a 2 for 1 pricing incentive when purchasing a CPO Ferrari , nothing is hidden, it’s truely 2 years for the price of 1

Power15 or Main Power15 policies DO require a stand alone inspection each year. The inspection when performed correctly and in its entirety takes 6.7h for a V8 and 7.8 for V12’s

Some Dealers may run specials for active FCA members. ( End of last year I ran a no charge inspection special, as an example )

Steve

mdrums likes this.
  12. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know

There are no mile limits per year

Everyone likes a deal, I get it, maybe ask for FCA discount and run w/ it.

Warranty Extension covers each of the items you listed

Get the coverage, I work at a Dealership, and I have had every available warranty extension, New Power, and now Main Power 15 available.

Some years I’ve used it others I have not, all together, I’ve had more repairs covered (x3) than I’ve paid.

Just Sayin’

S

Rexcat458 and MalibuGuy like this.
  13. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    #14 mdrums, May 14, 2023
    Last edited: May 14, 2023
    Yes I understand how that all works…. To me though compared to the year older 2018 488, 2k more miles and I was having to pay for warranty at Tampa Ferrari…my 2019 453 mile like new with more carbon inside and better spec with 2 yr extended warranty and 5k more on my Porsche trade in was like getting the warranty free and a much better deal.

05F430F1 likes this.
  14. vonbeeler

vonbeeler Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Don’t understand the concept of let me pay now for maintenance that may likely never occur. F dealer wanted around $8k / year for extended warrantee on 812.
    I’ll add maybe 2k miles per year.
    Paying $4 a mile for maintenance insurance on cars that are very reliable:
    I’ll self insure.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

mdrums, MalibuGuy and AD211 like this.
  15. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Yes self insure makes sense when the projected usage is low.

mdrums likes this.
  16. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Thank you! Since I put on a lot of mileage the warranty makes sense

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  17. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    NOTE AND I USE CAPITOL LETERS.

Unless you buy the full factory extented warrantee for years 4,5,6,7 YOUR TURBO IS NOT COVERED.

The most likely item to fail with a well driven car will be the TURBO.

Having said that I find it so ludicrous that one has to worry about ones car that its all going to fail. Especially when most dont do over 5 k per year.

I have to ask is it all scare tactics ?

mdrums likes this.
  18. I think the fact that most don't use it very much, increases the risk of an out-of-warranty repair.

A car that is used, and used often, will show its faults (if it has any).

A car that is rarely used is a car that can easily hide its faults (if it has any).

19. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Im 60 and have had over 20 cars. There NEVER has been any worry with regards to any of my cars to worry about it to the point of having to have extended warrantee.

Even if you drive it often it shouldn't fall into a pile of DoDa.

Ive thought about this a lot and have come to the conclusion , either F cars will break down or its scare tactics.

I have no idea what your consumer laws are in the USA but over here the consumer is protected. Clearly states cars should last at least 150,000 kms / 10 years. Any issues apart from wear and tear will be the responsibility of the manufacturer.

20. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    That's extremely optimistic.... little crazy actually-- BRAND new cars can break down in 100 miles-- any car can and will probably break at any given point in time or mileage. The main income of ANY dealership is its service dept (not sales, not finance) and this is because there are CONSTANT breakdowns.... whether it's paid by warranty or customer pay, the money will always flow because they will always break...

21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    That’s why manufacturers give a warranty at the beginning
    More often than not that’s when there will be a BIG issue
    The worst I’ve ever had was a faulty MAF
    Cheap part
    Never worried about an engine a gearbox etc
    The turbo is the worry part and Ferrari intelligently doesn’t cover it in the power warranty

mdrums likes this.
  22. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    The way I’m seeing it is you can get Pure Turbo’s with better internals for $5k usd when you send your cores in.
    Ferrari want $13k usd per turbo. If I keep my car and need turbos I’ll go with stock looking Pure Turbos. You can also go the mod route with Pure Turbos and with those and tune get big power gains.

https://www.pureturbos.com/product/ferrari-488gtb-pure800-upgrade-turbos/

iMrMark and MANDALAY like this.
  23. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd

Actually no brother, that's incorrect.... here's the actual true story of where and why car warranties exist...

Back in the 80's when the first 3 year/36 mile warranties were GIVEN.... (prior to that, they had like some 12 month, defective part only type of warranty on cars). And I say 'given' because by definition, warranty means FREE.... any further contract is called an extended service contract in which you pay for.... Anyway, the warranty idea was taken from Dominos Pizza.... Dominos, back in late 60's, 1969 I think) came out with an ad campaign that said, we will deliver your pizza in 30 minutes or less or it's free. (They don't say that anymore cos they ran over a grandmother... ) Well, before they came with that campaign, they did a study and figured out that they were delivering their pizzas in 24 minutes on average.... SO, guaranteeing that they'd deliver in 30 was what? What did they give you? ABSOLUTELY nothing, they were already doing it. ..... So cars did the same thing. They did their studies of repairs and found that the largest and most expensive repairs happened around 40-42 months and around 45,000 miles.... so they said, ok, we will give a 3 year/36000 mile warranty. What did they give us? Nothing, it was not breaking to any large expense during that period....

So here's another way to look at it... .if you bought a new car and they said, Hey, I'll take 3k off the price but no warranty at all. Would you take it?
    Another way.... If you bought the new car and they gave you the option of a warranty on years 1-3 or years 4-6, which would you take?

24. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    #25 MANDALAY, May 17, 2023
    Last edited: May 17, 2023

And whats your point ? Has nothing to do with the thread topic at all.

So whats your stance will you take out the extended warrantee ?

Our laws here are also different to yours like so many other things. We have consumer protection watchdog.

Our law states that any item sold must be fit for purpose. A car should be fit for at least 150,000 kms or 10 years minimum. Thats even with a $20,000 car.

The manufacturer is RESPONSIBLE for any and all repairs. Any company selling anything into Australia has to abide by this law. Ferrai will crack a **** but bad luck they will have to repair and no cost to the consumer.

I paid for years 4 and 5 because I felt crap would happen. It didnt but the real reason why I wont pay for 6 and 7 is because if nothing happens so be it BUT after that its power warrantee and the Turbos are NOT COVERED.

In total I would have paid $28,000 ! no claim and when I actually ( maybe need it ) they say F You your not covered.

Add to that the free service is 7 years and IMO thats what the warrantee should be also. They should STAND by their product.

Fact is they have given you a big FAT STRAWBERRY,

You will unfortunately find out that your new car built after Feb 2019 WILL NO LONGER have its engine oil and filter changed with the service. The computer will tell the dealership whether to change the oil or not.

What a load of baloney. Its a TURBO engine. Change the freaken oil MINIMUM every year. But what is amusing that I know of cars that Tracked done over 10,000 km and the dealer said computer said no change , Thats plain out BS.

BTW yet to see if this also applies to brake fluid,

My car is an August 2018 488 GTB. So ridiculous there is no difference to my mates May 2019 488GTB yet my oil and filter is changed whereas his isnt .

And im willing to bet that any of these post Feb 2019 cars when they are out of warrantee Ferrari will suggest that the oil is changed AT YOUR COST.