Urraco thread | Page 78 | FerrariChat

Urraco thread

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by 1121034, Jun 13, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004

2. Wembley

Wembley Rookie

Nov 6, 2011
    #1927 Wembley, Aug 22, 2022
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2022
    Boomhauer likes this.
  3. rhyno

rhyno Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
  4. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Can you tell us something about the engine no mismatch, I see the block having 15760, but the heads have 15474 stamped.
    Was the block once replaced?

5. rhyno

rhyno Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2006
    Sorry Raymond I can’t answer that question

6. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    Here you go Raymond.

As I noted many years ago in this thread, there are some cool subtle things. The VIN in the front is not stamped. It is a plate that was tack welded on. The rear VIN, maybe other could check, is stamped down. Was production stamped up? There were other things too, can not remember without searching back.

As one can see from the photos the car was green, blue, then red.
    There are plans to return both my Urraco and Jarama back to their respective colors.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

hyenahf likes this.
  7. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
    If anyone thinks they can find a photo of 15006 at the factory or it's early days in Italy, please post them. I have all the import papers when this came to the US, NY in 1985.

Punto Auto sri, Bergamo, Italy
    Imported by Salvatore C.
    Converted by European Auto Conversions
    Sold to Luigi A. PA
    Sold to Kirk M. NJ
    Sold to Peter K. CT on March 2, 2009

8. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    #1934 raymondQV, Jan 10, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2023
    Hi Peter,

Thanks a lot for those pictures.

the consignment Number is normally stamped where the strut for the engine lid is. *1060-xyz*
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

9. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    Also on several parts like the engine lid you might find the same number, or on the headlights, doors etc

In case of yours it must be #4

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

10. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    The factory Info I have is: s e a roma italia for zarghetta costruzioni massimino roma

Attached Files:

11. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
  12. Peter K.

Peter K. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter K.
  13. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    As we know your car is like 15000 one of the preseries production models they were not final with all the tooling, procedures etc.
    Of course they changed many things after the few prototype cars to work more efficiently.
    Same for the trunk lid badge which was only on the first about 50 cars, this was simply to save costs, a flat trunk lid = less work, no badge = save expensive parts.

14. Lobo7

Lobo7 Karting

hyenahf, 2cam, ClaxNZ and 4 others like this.
  15. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    Wonderful period photo’s. Torino 74?

do you have any pics more of this P200 show car rear or side view ? I believe it’s built off an older P250 and has silver instead of the gunmetal side intake louvers

Rgds
    HF

16. Lobo7

Lobo7 Karting

Hi hyenahf
    I have to look in my boxes to see if I can find anything else,
    Rgds TB

17. Not familiar with the auction site. Current bid 81k, ends in a day.

This 1975 Lamborghini Urraco is one of 21 Tipo 111 P250 cars built for the US market and is powered by a mid-mounted 2.5-liter V8 mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. Built on April 7, 1975, this Lamborghini is finished in black over a tan leather interior. The five factory Campagnolo alloy wheels were restored and fitted with new Michelin tires in 2017.
    The body was refinished in factory-correct black several years ago and the previous owner commissioned a paint correction in August 2017. Bertone body number 580 is stamped on the front and rear lids.
    The brake lines were replaced and motors for the pop-up headlights were installed in October 2016. All five Campagnolo 14×7.5” wheels were restored by Westside in Houston, Texas and fitted with Michelin XWX tires.
    The cabin reportedly retains its original tan leather upholstery and is fitted with factory air conditioning. A Panasonic CD headunit is installed and a period Blaupunkt radio is also included in the sale.
    The mid-mounted 2.5-liter V8 produced 217 horsepower at 7,500 rpm when new. Lamborghini published a 0 to 62-mph time of 6.9 seconds and a top speed of 149 mph. A top-end rebuilt was completed by Norwood Auto Italia in Carrollton, Texas in October 2016. Service included repairing the cylinder head, some new valves, a timing belt and tensioner bearing, a head gasket, carburetor gaskets, and exhaust gaskets.

https://wxtdepot.us/product/1975-lamborghini-urraco-p250/?fbclid=IwAR1RRCFSoFM2k9GpvJAGX_6F7Nfbw3jjvcxhIRW3ii6BLyPVcqLhYuAopM0

hyenahf likes this.
  18. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    Much obliged for making the effort, these old photos you have are at times invaluable for historical reference

Thank you

19. hyenahf

hyenahf F1 Rookie

May 25, 2004
    I think I may have seen this car up in the bay aera 25yrs ago. Cali car that was in good shape cosmetically

20. raymondQV

raymondQV F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2007
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Raymond S.
    well known ex-swiss car, on autogespot you can find more pictures - also without logging in - you just need to know how...

EarlyCat likes this.
  21. Peter K. likes this.