SF 90 XX | Page 46 | FerrariChat

SF 90 XX

Discussion in 'SF90 Stradale' started by FerrariFR33458, May 5, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    I don't want to discourage you but it's a long road. Start now with Corsa Pilota. But don't expect it will pay any dividends until many years later. In the meantime, the two best things you can do to improve your standing are (i) buy a Ferrari hypercar and (ii) buy every car Ferrari makes. It's not difficult to sign up for Corsa Pilota. So why wait?

plastique999 and Andynyc like this.
  2. treynor

treynor Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    I'm getting a spider. No information on specs, or even what it looks like yet, but Ferrari's earned my trust over the years and I've no doubt it's going to put a huge grin on my and Christine's face when it shows up.

3. tiki80

tiki80 Rookie

Jun 19, 2013
    Singapore
    I've heard that it could maybe be only coupe (like F40), as it will be totally different than regular model and more limited than Competizione? Also the looks seems to be very track oriented. Did your dealer promise that already?

4. Fortis

Fortis Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2019
    Full Name:
    Fortis
    A spider will be available.

Tiwo1985 likes this.
  5. j09333

j09333 Formula 3

May 7, 2004
    Not true

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Senad likes this.
  6. treynor

treynor Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ben
    The paperwork I got from Ferrari HQ in Maranello was quite specific about the spider part.

7. Senad

Senad Formula Junior

May 14, 2019
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Sanad Alibrahim
    the spider existence is not up to debate.

8. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #1133 Cocoloco, May 17, 2023
    Last edited: May 17, 2023
    A numbered 1 of 499 -
    F1 races different ways to attend - higher cost packages VIP
    Calvacade drives - Ferrari offers a few factory cars but get scooped up quickly.

Treynor posting - not seen for a decade :)
    Bid on FXX Ferrari donated, Congrats and good to see you and the wife enjoying.

9. Tiwo1985

Tiwo1985 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 25, 2020
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The currently easiest and "cheapest" way to improve your ranking is the 16M scuderia spider.
    Everything else is pretty expensive. It's also a great vehicle. I have one of these too and love it.
    Or time consuming. The Ferrari Challenge Series also brings a lot, but you have to have the time and the desire to do it.

nathan ward likes this.
  10. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #1135 Cocoloco, May 19, 2023
    Last edited: May 19, 2023
    Also own 16M - full Capristo. It was produced in a tough economy. Factory shut down for an extended amount of time as customers were scarce.
    100% helped with VS - 355k msrp 10k miles and offered above msrp recently - no thanks.
    Very few limited edition rear engine spiders - that it has not skyrocketed.

ScottS and willcrook like this.
  11. Tiwo1985

Tiwo1985 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 25, 2020
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The 16M is still very underrated and many don't have it in their heads. I find it funny too, but soon there won't be any more offering one. Those who buy one now keep it. For the ranking, the 16M is the best you can do. That's why I see the car at over 700K in the next 5 years.

willcrook likes this.
  12. Tiwo1985

Tiwo1985 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 25, 2020
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Tim
    #1137 Tiwo1985, May 19, 2023
    Mine is the 2nd owner and has 4000km. I did a "Ferrari Classiche" report a year ago.
    No accidents and everything 100% as from the factory.

A 360 Challenge Stradale would also be an option. Doesn't count as limited or rare at Ferrari, but shows racing and classiche ambitions. The cars are also available cheaply. And you definitely have fun with it!

Cocoloco likes this.
  13. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Also love the car and owned it for over a decade.
    Makes me feel like Schumacher who participated in the build.
    Hammer shifts open canvas top and other mods over the Scud makes it one heck of a fun ride.

Attached Files:

of2worlds and Tiwo1985 like this.
  14. Lagunae92

Lagunae92 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2018
    SoCal
    I’ve been looking at a Scud. Maybe I should look at a 16M. Not many out there.

Tiwo1985 likes this.
  15. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    One just sold on Bat - another one just listed.

16. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    It is incorrect about the birth of the 16 M, and I know it because I was present that day.
    LCDM was sitting in the office of G. Cavallari (official dealer in Monaco, and incidentally one of the oldest in the world with Chinetti).
    LCDM told him that sales of the 430 Scuderia were doing well, and that he wanted to try to make a convertible version and see how it would be received by customers. He expressed serious doubts, because it was in contradiction with the vocation of the 430 Scuderia and risked being a badly perceived compromise.
    The 16 M was never included in the product plan, it was LCDM s choice.

17. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    LCDM was likely just fond of that special 360 roadster he got for his wedding and probably thought why not another open car!

Tiwo1985 likes this.
  18. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I don't know, he was acclaimed in it when he arrived on Fiorano, with Nikki Lauda as a passenger for the 60th birthday, like a rock star...but he was a real decision-maker who knew how to listen. He knew the different models perfectly and the history of the brand....it has changed a lot...unfortunatly !!!

gt_lusso, willcrook, Tiwo1985 and 2 others like this.
  19. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Nothing really changed. If Luca sanctioned an open top, hard core car, it's the same mistake they make today. All of them. Open top LaFerrari, open top Valkyrie, open top T33.

20. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #1145 Cocoloco, May 19, 2023

I simply stated when the 16M was produced - tough economy the factory shuttered for an extended time. Orders were being cancelled in 08 09 ... dealers did not want inventory.

Let's face the real issue since you love pissing in every thread - you read my post in next gen 812 - you then came here to do what you do best "sweet nothings".

LCDM's choice - you mean he didn't ask you for design and handling input .. :)
    Anyway - now you and LCDM despise the 16M because it was compromised being a spider and flexed like spaghetti. I can hear LCDM saying " Hey Schumacher can you assist in building a poor representation of the Constructors Championship" - even thought it's no good.
    LCDM then said "we are going to number the car to 499 because we aren't really proud of it"
    ... oh are you something Day ... good grief man!

21. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    #1147 Cocoloco, May 19, 2023
    Is an open top less hard core - the SF90VS and like others are all heavily sought after vs coupe.
    La Ferrari is carbon kevlar engineered - you are saying it's compromised in rigidity?
    La Ferrari carbon tub
    ^ multiple videos explaining the rigidity of the La.

Suggest this to learn about the Coupe vs Aperta LA - Ferrari places efforts R&D on open top cars to perform.

https://www.ferrarilakeforest.com/ferrari-comparisons/laferrari-vs-laferrari-aperta/

22. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006

As usual, since you are incapable of exchanging without insults, and apart from writing "I have such a car, I ordered such another car..." which nobody cares about, because by dint of trying to exteriorize your social status, it becomes a little ridiculous...on the other hand, in the history of Ferrari, it is clear that you obviously have a lot more trouble and shortcomings. And for your personal culture know that the one and only contribution of Schumi on the 430 Scuderia concerns a mode of adaptation of the suspensions linked to the manettino for which he made the proposal, and "absolutely nothing else"!
    Once again, pick up the good reads instead of repeating the urban legends.
    And for your information, everyone intervenes where they want on this forum !
    Sincerely:rolleyes:

D11 and U-Boat Commander like this.
  23. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    I quite agree, even if I can accept the idea for the carbon hulls of the F 50 and LF...
    It's just a customer request ... which remains a paradox on the conceptual level

24. Cocoloco

Cocoloco Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    By definition Urban Legend. Friend of a friend :)
    Michael Schumacher helped develop 16M and owned one.
    Let's not speak ill of the dead. You want to come after me, I would if I were you but at least make it worth everyones time as some value their time.