What's For Dinner? | Page 903 | FerrariChat

What's For Dinner?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by agup48, Apr 7, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BrettC

BrettC Formula 3

Aug 13, 2012
    Calif
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I don't think I could handle the cold either....Tahoe only 2.5 hour drive so I just head up there when I want the cold. Getting old I guess, I like the warmth of Calif but we had a hell of a winter ourselves. Cheers!

arizonaitalian likes this.
  2. FerrariLily

FerrariLily Karting

Feb 13, 2022
    Australia
    Full Name:
    LILY
    NbyNW, MANDALAY, Alcav5 and 7 others like this.
  3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Lamb on the gasser.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Finished it off with some aji amarillo sauce that I picked up at Kroger. Nice kick.

Working our way west.
    Turkey, Texas. Home of Bob Wills. The King of Texas Swing. We did not ear turkey here.

Alamogordo, New Mexico. World's largest pistachio.

Ramona's in Lordsburg, New Mexico. Goos quality hole-in-the-wall Tex Mex.

T

NbyNW, MANDALAY, BrettC and 3 others like this.
  4. FerrariLily

FerrariLily Karting

Feb 13, 2022
    Australia
    Full Name:
    LILY
    Great pics.. love the hot sauce.. got to see if we can get that here in Oz.. cheers

5. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Best friend visiting for the week. Missing a bit o England so bangers and mash with mushy peas and a side of French onion soup braised baby carrots. Bangers from Otto’s in town. The ONLY Guy Fieri Diners Driveins and Dives location where he featured 3X.

NbyNW, arizonaitalian, BrettC and 2 others like this.
  6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thank you. We love a good road trip.

It has a decent "kick" for a store-bought hot sauce. I was turned on to it by a friend who was originally from Peru. Nice combo of sweet and heat, but not over the top on either.

T

FerrariLily likes this.
  7. FerrariLily

FerrariLily Karting

Feb 13, 2022
    Australia
    Full Name:
    LILY
    That is so kind of you.. Looks like a decent British meal. Buon Apettit :).

Raconteur likes this.
  8. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
  9. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Those look perfect.

I'm the same. Costco, the proliferation of great online options for prime and other higher quality beef and a good hometown butcher makes going to a steak restaurant superfluous, especially when you add in all the cooking tips and tricks I've learned from contributors to this thread.

Gertrude's in Scottsdale. Fly by dinner with friends on our way to California.

Sugar snap peas, rice noodles and sriracha sauce. Shrooms. Meh. Tweren't very spicy.

Tortellini. Wife ordered this. Much better.

Not pictured, fried cauliflower and blistered shishito pepper appetizer that we all shared..Best dish of the meal. Spicy but not inordinately so, especially if you avoided the shishito peppers, which I did not!

T

peterp, NbyNW, MANDALAY and 6 others like this.
  10. boostedt0y

boostedt0y Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2014
    Bay Area, CA
    peterp, NbyNW, MANDALAY and 5 others like this.
  11. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I was at our property in the States most of last week, on the company dime. We try to keep expenses down. So mostly chain restaurants with one night at a Mexican place. Last night was pesto linguine with Costco chicken. Tonight I plan on a Kirkland Angus beef patty burger with cheese and bacon at home.

tomc likes this.
  12. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
  13. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Wife tried to make Uthappam after having it at that place down in Arizona recently. Tasted great, but didn’t look as pretty as the ones I posted earlier from that restaurant. (These are basically the same fermented batter as dosas and you add some veggies - essentially Indian savory pancakes)

max930 and Raconteur like this.
  14. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Decided to skip making burgers and make rib eyes instead. But I got hungry and gave Poke a try. Almost as good as sushi. Didn't bring my phone into the restaurant. It was this place: https://www.stevespokebar.ca/

Raconteur likes this.
  15. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    When we travel, after a few week or so, the wife and I try and hit up one of those extended stay places with a kitchenette.

Who says it never rains in Southern California?!? Garlic and rain near Banning.

Whipped up a chicken stir fry. Thought I went heavy in the garlic, wife said "Not enough garlic!" ☹️ The chicken is thigh meat courtesy of Ralph's grocery store and the Thai noodles courtesy of the frozen food section.

Good to have a pseudo-home cooked meal.

T

16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Tonight, it's beef fajitas! And, this time I managed to not set off the fire alarm.

We found a little grocery store that had a nice choice of Mexican food goodies. Got marinated fajita meat. Whoever made it went heavy on the achiote, but it was mild enough for the wife. I punched mine up with sriracha packets they had in the hotel breakfast room.

The corn was good. Not sure where it came from. The fresh made corn tortillas were excellent. They'll taste great for breakfast tomorrow with a little butter!

T

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    arizonaitalian likes this.
  18. max930

Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    I don't think any rooms at our hotel have kitchens. I stay there because my reward points give me diamond status at Ceasar properties when I go to Vegas.

19. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Dry rub a few hours before smoking...

I used Traeger Hickory.

225F. 2 hours bones down. Then 1 hour bones up. Final 2 hours in foil wrap. No mopping. No water spritz. And no BBQ sauce at the end. I do keep a bowl of water in the smoker.

We used to cut single bone pieces, but the meat fell apart so tried two bones this time. Going with 2 bones from now on.

Saw Costco has an oak, hickory, maple, and cherry blend. I might try that next time just to experiment.

arizonaitalian and tomc like this.
  20. FerrariLily

FerrariLily Karting

Feb 13, 2022
    Australia
    Full Name:
    LILY
  21. Raconteur

Raconteur F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 19, 2015
    Portlandia, OR
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Last night of my best friend’s visit. Mediterranean fare tonight. Threw together a Greek salad with feta. Tabouleah (store bought; wasn’t going to make), kefta kebab (I made), lebna, garlic spread, lavash bread and couscous with olives. Nice summer fare in the PNW, although it cooled off nicely today to the upper 60s vs 70s and 80s the past week.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Next time, call my wife, she'd kill for that. Me? I'd just eat the fries! :D

23. FerrariLily

FerrariLily Karting

Feb 13, 2022
    Australia
    Full Name:
    LILY
    NbyNW, Dr. E, MANDALAY and 2 others like this.