F8 - Extended Warranty options and pricing | Page 2 | FerrariChat

F8 Extended Warranty options and pricing

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by MalibuGuy, May 12, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    oh, no point bud-- I was just responding to your post when you said most Big expenses will happen at the beginning is all... didn't mean to rattle you. I was truly being helpful I thought... sometimes tone is lost in text I guess.

iMrMark, MalibuGuy and MANDALAY like this.
  2. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Im really peed off with Ferrari. The Turbos should / must be part of the engine warrantee and it isnt. Pointless to go for the power warrantee as its the item that will give up with mileage and time.

3. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    I think you have to go for the full coverage…whatever they call it…warranty to get Turbos covered. My dealer here confirmed Turbo coverage if I purchase the extra 2yr full factory coverage and I have to do it before my current warranty expires. Not sure if this is a world wide deal or only here?

05F430F1 likes this.
  4. lucasines

lucasines Karting

Apr 22, 2016
    Paris
    Full Name:
    Gilles
    Purchase extra 2yr full factory coverage before the 3yr current warranty expires cover 100%.

5. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Yes its world wide. Turbos only covered if full warrantee.

Your turbos didnt fail in years 4,5. You take the offer for years 6,7 and at the end your turbos are fine. IMO if power warrantee is taken at Year 8 and going forward IMO turbos should be covered but they are not. This is the point I want to make. They just are not going to fall apart. Proper engine warming up and cooling down and oil change is a MUST with a car with Turbos.

Lets see what the F8 guys do when Ferrari tells them there is no oil change.

6. SD455TA

SD455TA Formula Junior

Always expect that your turbo's can go out, at ANY time.....and they will....rebuilt turbo's will most likely fail sooner thereafter.....if you expected otherwise.....well.....good luck to you.

7. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    I am making a personal choice to pay for an oil change at the mid point of the recommended free oil service at 12,500. So fresh oil every 6,000 miles

8. mdrums

mdrums Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 11, 2006
    Tampa FL
    Yes I agree with your point…totally

9. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Thats the way everyone should approach Turbo's.

TR007 likes this.
  10. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Turbo's like other items can fail. BUT the chances of it happening IS SO SMALL. Conduct a survey and ask everyone here , your dealer and see how many turbo's with NO MODIFICATIONS , NO TRACK have gone bad. You wont find many.

I guess you will be paying $30,000 for your extended warrantee when it comes around. I say good on you . Please let me know after those 4 years if your turbos failed and whether you take on the power warrantee.

11. That’s maybe why cars cost so much in Australia.

12. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Nah its just Taxes

13. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    it's always good to be in the presence of a learned man! (Monty Python)

I think you are absolutely correct

I think the most important thing is to change the oil more frequently than 12,500 miles --which is what Ferrari is recommending

But other small items can fail and that can easily be the cost of the extended warranty

I'm worried about the HVAC plastic control buttons

I'll bet if one of those flimsy plastic breaks and snaps off , you'll be forced to buy a brand new unit which probably costs 8,000 plus tax plus installation

SAFE4NOW likes this.
  14. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Remember Trim isn't on the power warrantee again only on the full factory warrantee. Most definitely parts will be expensive most likely due to having to buy the whole unit ( I saw a video of a guy who had a machine shop make the red switcher on the steering wheel as it was available separately ) Needless to say he made 20 and for a couple of hundred. Sure beats buying a new wheel that Ferrari forces you to do.

15. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    I’ve had my F8 for 2.5 months…. And it’s gone in for steering noise which ended up being just low on fluid, the caliper/brake cooling hose on passenger side fell off and had to be re-secured, the brake fluid green wrench light had to be turned off (apparently after CPO in NY, they didn’t reset it so Ft. Lauderdale did), replaced brake light on spoiler due to tiny black imperfections inside the lens (my OCD), replaced center lock cover plaque due to black paint chipping (they all do but again my OCD), they are about to replace my gauge cluster due to the left TFT going white once in a while (rare but has happened a few times), —- wonder how much just that would’ve cost me without warranty??

I can’t see driving these cars without warranty and ‘self insuring’— they are in need of CONSTANT trips to dealer in my experience.. my F430’s I had over a 12 year period, I would look back and say they were bulletproof overall but still it went to shop for a multitude of things—

On these cars, even the TINIEST issue or repair is thousands of dollars… one little weird light or cosmetic or adjustment or whatever is like $2500 just to walk into dealer. I can’t imagine not having FULL warranty— my only hope is once I’ve reached the end of my time that it qualifies for full factory warranty extensions, that somehow, I have big money to be able to risk keeping the car without warranty…. Not likely since I’m just a working man with no investments, houses or savings lol—

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

16. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007

My F8 also developed a steering noise. Turned out to be due to low power steering fluid.

The dealer check it out after I made the diagnosis and added fluid.

however no explanation as to why the fluid was low

17. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Same here. They said no leaks and it just evaporates… also strange for me since it was JUST CPO’ed at NY dealer 3 months ago before they shipped it to me— guess they didn’t check that…. Sigh.

18. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Looks like you are a victim of FERRARI's ramp up to make more cars :( Its lets make more cars !!!! Or it was built on a Monday or a Friday.

Looks like you have a lemon. Best to sell her ! Seriously looks like your car is plagued with issues.

5 years and 10500 kms, one spark plug , thats it. Battery goes without mentioning.

Actually in a way it was another reason why I never changed to the F8 , my 488 GTB for a better word was perfect. Awesome paint job and that is my field of expertise.

With your issues do note none of that is covered in the Power Warrantee. Just hope they dont happen again well at least not after the factory warrantee has expired.

19. Your experience - unfortunate as it is - is very atypical of Ferrari's beginning with the 458 and onward

20. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd
    well, in fairness, just the TFT screen is the only real issue, others were my cosmetic OCD and some fluid-- but point was that even the littlest of things would have to be either ignored or be costly without warranty.

21. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Nothing wrong about being OCD

Dont look at your 3rd brake light at night as you will see it slightly lit even if the car is off. Try to get the Ferrari service to explain that.

Hopefully the front guard is aligned properly aligned with the bumper.

BTW after the factory warrantee has expired please note that ALL LEAKS are not covered.

mdrums likes this.
  22. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

As a owner of a Pista , i.e a Ferrari post Feb 2019 , assuming that your car has already gone in for its first service did Ferrari Serice change the oil ? Or did they say not required ,And if so did you still change the oil at your own cost ?

23. 05F430F1

05F430F1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2005
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd

24. yes

25. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    After the first year ? Did they say it needed to be changed or did you tell them regardless I’ll pay just change it

the reason I ask a fellow Pista owner over 10,000 kms first year and many track days Ferrari said no oil change required