Energy Suspension Shock bushings? | FerrariChat

Energy Suspension Shock bushings?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Birdman, Dec 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hi Everyone,
    Well, my rear suspension rebuild is underway. I got one side completely apart. I'm holding the shock and looking at the Energy Suspension catalog. It doesn't appear that they make a shock bushing for the shock in a 308. Does anyone know if they make one, what the part # is? Do you recycle the metal parts of the old bushing? I'm measuring the I.D. and O.D. of the bushing that is in there and there appears to be nothing even close in the E.S. catalog. I may have to (gulp!) resort to a Ferrari part!

Thanks!

Birdman

P.S. A complete photographic essay of this rear suspension rebuild will be posted in a couple weeks when I'm done!

2. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    Oh no, here comes the ES Bushing Group Buy episode ...

3. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Fortunately, I was not part of that, but I have heard the horror story. Alas, they are still good bushings.

4. seschroeder

seschroeder Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2002
    Alexandria, VA
    Full Name:
    Steve Schroeder
    Birdman, Steve Schroeder here. PLEASE by all means post photos of the suspension rebuild. I'm getting ready to do mine and am looking forward to hearing how your's went.

Thanks

5. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    http://dino308gt4.com/Ferrari/ is a good site

There is another very site by (Ron ... , he actually is on Fchat now) that describes the same thing.

We can always use another one.

6. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Steve,
    Will do. I have been trying to remember to get pictures of all the things I do (within reason) so there are pictures for each step. I have found this so useful when people have done it in the past, that I'm hoping that my pictures will help someone else. When Dave posted his front suspension rebuild pics recently, that gave me a good idea about what was involved in the rear suspension. Having a bit of a clue in advance makes it seem less daunting. Now that I have one side apart and I and getting a line on all the replacement parts, it's a lot easier that I thought at first. Actually, getting the car jacked up was the hardest part (my shop jack won't go low enough!)

Birdman

7. Incaico

Incaico Karting

Jun 13, 2020
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    JR Sandoval
    Question regarding ES Bushings. I visited your Birdman308 site. Awesome. It has inspired me to do my bushings in my '89 Mondial. Question is, which of the ES bushing, 30mm or 34mm, should I use for the front? Going to do it this coming week.

Appreciate the information and have a Happy 4th!