Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2014, 07:34 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Wade O.
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenge View Post
Stay the course and keep listening to your wife. She sounds like a smart lady. Although some vaccines can be effective, I believe the risk outweighs the reward.

Most autoimmune diseases stem from the body trying to attack itself. There are likely multiple reasons for this, but the toxic load of the dozens of vaccines infants and children are required to be pumped up with is a major factor. 40 years ago, kids needed 4 or 5 vaccines; today it is 30+. The reaction of these chemical coaktails pumped into the human body if not natural. The body's reaction is to fight the invaders.

Interesting tidbit: no autism in the Amish. No vaccines either.
Then please explain, convincingly, why so many young healthy people are dying from H1N1 this year.

Note, as reported, most did NOT receive the flu shot.

In case you missed this one...

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/si...flu-shots.html
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 01-31-2014, 07:56 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
Stay the course and keep listening to your wife. She sounds like a smart lady. Although some vaccines can be effective, I believe the risk outweighs the reward.

Most autoimmune diseases stem from the body trying to attack itself. There are likely multiple reasons for this, but the toxic load of the dozens of vaccines infants and children are required to be pumped up with is a major factor. 40 years ago, kids needed 4 or 5 vaccines; today it is 30+. The reaction of these chemical coaktails pumped into the human body if not natural. The body's reaction is to fight the invaders.

Sorry, but that's total B.S.

Quote:
Anecdotal Amish-don’t-vaccinate claims disproved by fact-based study

Reuters Health reported on a recent study in Pediatrics titled “Underimmunization in Ohio’s Amish: Parental Fears Are a Greater Obstacle Than Access to Care.” The study found that majority of Amish parents do, in fact, vaccinate their children…and among the minority that don’t, the most common reasons cited were the same anti-vaccine fueled fears that have infected people around the country.

Anecdotal Amish-don't-vaccinate claims disproved by fact-based study - The Panic Virus
Old 01-31-2014, 11:22 AM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Dave
Quote:

Not true.
A study done by Vanderbilt and the university of Miami found that 1 in 271 in the Amish community have autism.
Also, Reuters has reported that roughly 85 percent of Amish households have received at least one vaccination.
https://imfar.confex.com/imfar/2010/...Paper7336.html
Old 01-31-2014, 12:07 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Kevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade View Post
Sorry, but that's total B.S.
There are other Amish besides the ones in Ohio. Did I also read that blurb correctly? Fear of vaccines has "infected" people? Oh Reuters, you are SO clever!

Wade, seriously, I'm not going to go point-counterpoint with you or others here. Jab as many chemicals into your body as you are comfortable with and I will do the same.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 01-31-2014, 02:23 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
There are other Amish besides the ones in Ohio. Did I also read that blurb correctly? Fear of vaccines has "infected" people? Oh Reuters, you are SO clever!

Wade, seriously, I'm not going to go point-counterpoint with you or others here. Jab as many chemicals into your body as you are comfortable with and I will do the same.
It's the fear of vaccines that is increasing their risk. Doing an assessment, killer flu or questionable side effects from trace amounts of specific chemicals, I'll choose protection against the former.

Personally, I have my fill of unknown injections from the first Gulf War, not about to accept any more.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:04 PM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Penn and Teller on vaccines.
Language warning.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:11 PM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Bob
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Brake View Post
Penn and Teller on vaccines.
Language warning.
Penn and Teller on Vaccinations - YouTube
The problem with Penn and Teller is they're all or nothing. They don't educate, just label everyone on one side of a debate full of **** and throw them under the bus. Their episode on organic foods was absurdly one sided and misleading.

I like them as comedians.
Old 03-16-2014, 07:39 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

What did we do before flu shot ? We got sick and got over it. This why I have received flu shot. Nor have I gotten the flu. I do natural things to try and keep my immunity up . Also, I think working outside and exercising outside helps ...

Those are over weight usually have more health issues so depressed immunity isn't uncommon .Those who exercise regularly usually eat better .

Piper, I imagine your wife would agree.

Last edited by DonJuan348; 03-16-2014 at 07:50 AM.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:49 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonJuan348 View Post
What did we do before flu shot ?

The Great Influenza: The Story of the Deadliest Pandemic in History: John M. Barry: 9780143036494: Amazon.com: Books

I have not had the flu shot, try to stay healthy, but am not living in a haze, when I see someone sickly I hightail it away from them. Science is science in this case.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:12 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

You cannot compare what happened 100 years ago to today people are living longer because of science. I'm not suggesting the flu shot is a bad thing because for the very young and very old is could be a lifesaver.

Science has also proven that those of us who practice a healthy lifestyle have less health issues. Lifestyle is the keyword not those who diet or exercise occasionally
Old 03-16-2014, 11:55 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
You cannot compare what happened 100 years ago to today people are living longer because of science. I'm not suggesting the flu shot is a bad thing because for the very young and very old is could be a lifesaver.
You asked what would happen without the flu shot, that 1918 pandemic could happen next year. Time has nothing to do with mutating viruses, an even worse one could happen anytime, BTW the people back then ate healthier than most do today.

The majority of deaths this winter in North carolina were in the healthy age group, mid-20's to mid-50's.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:16 PM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Our household generally agrees with the philosophy that we're better off building our best immunity than taking the bombardment from what we see as unnecessary vaccinations, a portion of them, not all. I choose nowadays to get the flu shot myself because I'm getting fearful of catching the flu again. Only had the real flu twice in my life, and I'll be damned if I'll be the one that brings it home to my family and I don't want to suffer it ever again. Convincing my wife is an impossibility.

Vinny, agree the mortality from some strains like H1N1 have been eye opening, shocking. I fully expect the healthy 20-50yr old fatalities though probably weren't your best, strongest humans. From a nutritional standpoint, I'm there. I've met DonJuan. The flu isn't going to take him out. Guy is a serious athlete and obviously gets nutrition. I see and listen to both sides, even if I do tend to post my wife's propaganda rather often. It's good to hear the debate.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:15 PM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Rick
My Garage
I have not ever (nor will I) get a flu shot. Why should I dump all those chemicals into my body? My $.02 anyway. I'm one of the anti-vaccine nutcases.
Tesla is an enlarged slot car for carrying 4 people in comfort. May be fast and quiet but has no soul. Although you can cruise on a freeway, when the batteries run out of power the car becomes extremely silent as the Ferrari cruises by to the next gas station. --AD
Old 03-17-2014, 10:14 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
Our household generally agrees with the philosophy that we're better off building our best immunity ................ Only had the real flu twice in my life

I fully expect the healthy 20-50yr old fatalities though probably weren't your best, strongest humans. From a nutritional standpoint, I'm there. I've met DonJuan. The flu isn't going to take him out. Guy is a serious athlete and obviously gets nutrition.
I'm sure DY348 is a great athlete and you do your best to build your immunity BUT the reason I bring up the 1918 influenza that killed lots of people, many in 24 hours is because humans have not changed genetically since then and generally speaking a lot of those folks had FAR better immunity than we do now.

Now people search out organic foods and do some exercise to get/stay healthy, right?

Well back then in 1918 EVERYONE ate organics ALL THE TIME. Organic foods are those that don't have all the antibiotics in the meats or herbicides/pesticides in the fruits/veggies/grains. Well guess what -- the 1st antibiotic was penicillin discovered formerly in 1928 and DDT was the first pesticide discovered in 1939. Also back then most food was grown local and fresh, not loaded with preservatives.

So the people dropping dead in 1918 were eating healthier than we CAN and also were eating massive doses of probiotics in their foods that we can not come close to. All this means their guts were much better off than ours, much stronger immune systems. Plus most were much more active than we are, they had to be, very little transportation. And they were exposed to much more germs/bacteria than today. A lot of us look better than those people but that is from training, societal values, and improved aesthetics, not nutrition.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:32 PM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

I'm just curious if any of the anti vaccine posters have ever taken a microbiology or immunology course to get behind the science of how our body makes antibodies when exposed to pathogens. Now that I know how the process works I won't be missing another flu shot or vaccination and neither will my children.
Old 03-18-2014, 11:50 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Thanks Bob ,

I will say this, if I worked indoors around people ie teachers court personnel etc, I would probably get the shot .

In our lifetime , we haven't seen a real outbreak like 1918 , if it happens again it will be from a new strain with no vaccine .

In Serbia , I read that young kids were exposed to the cold at young ages and cold water poured over them to build their immunity . How many get the flu there ?

Also, in 1918 food was made healthier true but doesn't mean people ate healthier . I've taken microbiology ...HATE IT! and understand how pathogen works

Last edited by DonJuan348; 03-18-2014 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:04 PM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by S Brake View Post
I'm just curious if any of the anti vaccine posters have ever taken a microbiology or immunology course to get behind the science of how our body makes antibodies when exposed to pathogens. Now that I know how the process works I won't be missing another flu shot or vaccination and neither will my children.
Just a question, not meant to be argumentative at all I swear, but would you vaccinate your boy with Gardasil against HPV per CDC recommendations? Just trying to make a point.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:01 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Also, in 1918 food was made healthier true but doesn't mean people ate healthier
Well I would say this, those that had the wherewithall to afford enough food for every meal ate way better than 99% of the population today. That food was, free of all crap that make food questionable today, fresh as can be, with lots of probiotics.

Your base of health comes from your gut, not talking about athletic performance or muscle growth, just health of the bodies systems. It is all from the condition of your digestive track. Today most of us have compromised guts, from antibiotic usage in our lifetimes and hollow processed food.

The people of 1918 never got a course of antibiotics, ever. Their gut flora were never damaged that way. BUT their problems were questionable water supply, poor hygiene everywhere, and sanitation. But some of the wealthy back then who had a clean environment should have been super healthy.

Listen to Action Jackson, great info from this guy's vids

Old 03-18-2014, 08:03 PM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny Bourne View Post

Your base of health comes from your gut, not talking about athletic performance or muscle growth, just health of the bodies systems. It is all from the condition of your digestive track. Today most of us have compromised guts, from antibiotic usage in our lifetimes and hollow processed food.
Yup
Old 03-19-2014, 01:29 AM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper View Post
Just a question, not meant to be argumentative at all I swear, but would you vaccinate your boy with Gardasil against HPV per CDC recommendations? Just trying to make a point.

It's hard to compare a vaccination like gardasil to the flu vaccine or Tdap, MMR, etc. HPV tends to be spread through much more intimate contact than other pathogens. A lot of the risk with HPV can be minimized through lifestyle choices.
Non-Sponsor Ads