F8 Spider | Page 19 | FerrariChat

F8 Spider

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Adamas, Apr 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
  2. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    Photos seems a little bit edited but it is probably titanio.

3. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    It is such a good looking car.

4. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    thanks for posting these pictures!

OK so which color do you like? Silver or black?
    And if anyone else’s has a color preference between these two , please chime in!
    Wheel choice too. I love the Diamond forged on the silver car. But the cast alloys. Standard rims on the black car are not bad either not to mention $8700 cheaper

5. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    If I were to order one it would be Grigio Titanio which is simply gorgeous in the F8.

I have seen this color in person and I was amazed at how perfect it was.

I find it have more depth than the Argento.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

6. not4one

not4one Formula Junior

May 23, 2010
    CT, FL
    Many more body seams and scoops front and back vs. 458/8, which are made much more cohesive in a darker tone...one person's view. Depends what you're going for, aggressive or sleek.

7. TSOYBELIS

TSOYBELIS F1 World Champ

Nov 30, 2005
    Athens, Greece
    Full Name:
    SPYROS
    You're welcome.Silver for me too.Standard wheels, yellow calipers, cuoio interior.

tomc and MalibuGuy like this.
  8. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Because I drive so many miles and because the roads are in such disrepair, I learned the hard way that I need forged rims.

Keep up the nice posts!

TSOYBELIS likes this.
  9. MalibuGuy

MalibuGuy F1 Veteran

Sep 18, 2007
    Thanks for the picture. Know the color well. Back in the day almost bought a Grigio Titanio 360 coupe!
    Ended up waiting a year-and-half for a brand new car with my personal spec: Rossa Corsa /Tan Daytona seats, Tan headliner ,,,,like Donny Brasco says, “Foggetaboutit”

10. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Seems like there are a few yellow machines out & about to the dealers, anyone drive the F8 Spider?
    If so, thoughts?
    T

11. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    Yes I drove the yellow press car.
    Confirmed my order for a Spider.

Having had a 458, then a 488, to me it is the distillation of all the best elements of its predecessors
    I personally believe the F8 is an improvement on my 488 Spider. In spite of all the endless conversation regarding the sound or lack thereof..........that’s just ‘noise’ as far as I’m concerned ;)
    I voted with my wallet Image Unavailable, Please Login

Everyone has to do what they believe is best for them, internet opinions notwithstanding.

12. tekaefixe

tekaefixe Formula 3

May 10, 2012
    CH
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    How was the scuttle shake compared with the 488?

13. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    From the 458 to the 488 the scuttle shake was never an issue for me like it was on the 430 & the 328. Each generation has improved.
    Having said that, my relatively short ride in the F8 didn't present any noticeable shake. Maybe once I have the car for an extended period, it might present itself, but I didn't notice any undue flexor my drive.
    And yes, I drove it with the top down! ;)

tekaefixe likes this.
  14. Ash Patel

Ash Patel Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2015
    Stockholm, Sweden
    #469 Ash Patel, Sep 4, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    Black ftw! I've never seen a ferrari this good in black to date, never seen any F-car this aggressive fighter jet style (as I think stated before) in black which for me is a good thing as the 458, 488 series (except the speciale) looks a bit soft... :)

15. Ski Bum

Ski Bum Formula 3

Jun 19, 2012
    I drove the yellow F8 Spider. It is an improvement over my 488 Spider in a number of important areas, such as acceleration, "nimble" and "planted" feel, steering wheel, shifting and brake modulation. And, finally, the horn is in the center of the wheel and it is easy to tell which variant of the turn indicator you have engaged. Cowl shake is about the same as the 488 (both of them are noticeably better than the 458 Spider in this regard). There is less engine sound than the 488 at low revs, but the sound is fairly close to the 488 at higher revs.

I'm looking forward to getting mine next year.

stavura, MANDALAY, MalibuGuy and 2 others like this.
  16. MME

MME Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2015
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Marty
    Drove it today and drove my 488 spider to dealer to get a good comparison. External design looks good and improved. It is clearly quieter than 488, although my valves are pinned open. Not sure what difference that makes at all speed/gear levels. Acceleration is better given the upgraded engine, shifts are quicker.

17. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Had the distinct pleasure of driving the F8 Spider today @ Boardwalk Ferrari (thanks to them for the opportunity).
    The short version is WOW!! Looks great, drives great.

I thought the sound was good. Once we got on the Dallas North Tollway and flipped the F8S from auto to manual, and got the RPMs up, it sounded good to my ears. Not NA Ferrari V8 good, but that’s my personal preference. As much as I like the sexy growl of my NA Cali’s V8, the sound of the Spider’s V8TT would be good enough for me (am assuming this car, a Euro spec, had a GPF).

For a weekend fun car, I like to enjoy some uncluttered back roads, and so I want something with great steering, great handling, a good suspension, and good ergonomics from the driver’s seat. The first three were top notch, as one would expect of a mid-engined Ferrari. What I really liked was the interior layout as far as the driver’s cockpit. It was sporty and lux w/o being too busy. I definitely liked the F8 Spider interior much more than what I saw in the Roma when it was in town. Everything was in reach, easy to see once I adjusted the steering wheel to my liking. My Cali does not have all the controls on the steering wheel, and so I would think once you got used to the new steering wheel layout, it’d be an even better experience in terms of driving dynamics.

Several other things that surprised me about the F8S were (1) how good the visibility was, both forward and rearward. Changing lanes, making turns, driving in traffic, etc. - no issues. We drove with the top down. (2) It was very civilized while dawdling around on the surface streets in auto/sport. You might easily forget there are 710 ponies under the hood. I could easily see taking the F8S on a leisurely date night drive with the missus & having a pleasant conversation w/o shouting, & w/ minimal carping from the passenger seat about comfort, being too rough, etc. (3) The race seats were very comfortable. Not sure how my cranky back would feel after a few hours in them, but for the time I was in the driver’s seat, they seemed very comfy and supporting, and definitely added to the overall sportiness of the driving experience.

These should sell like hot cakes...T
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

sampelligrino, stavura, C50 and 2 others like this.
  18. Condor Man

Condor Man F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 8, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Ash Patel likes this.
  19. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith