Help Heater does not heat | FerrariChat

Help Heater does not heat

Discussion in '360/430' started by ctlynch, Dec 6, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ctlynch

ctlynch Rookie

Jul 27, 2009
    Daytona Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd Lynch
    I cannot get any heat from my heater. I turn the temp all the way down, press the stop button and I still get cool air. Not near as clod as when the A/C is on. Does anyone have any ideas
    Thanks

2. RSQP

RSQP F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Beaker
    Do you mean turn the temp all the way up? In this part of the US, warm air is a higher number than cold air. i've found you have to let it run a little while. If the higher numbers on the temperature dial don't remedy the problem, push the "Off" button again and let it sit a little while. If my memory serves me correctly, the A/C compressor is off when the button is fully depressed. You still have to wait for the air to cycle through and warm up.

It's not the most intuitive system out there.

3. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    First time of the year mine always takes some playing with it.

I usually turn it to heat and leave the ac button on and check the coolant level. If it is the tinyest bit low the heatercore does not get coolant flowing through it.

I started my car on Friday night to get ready for a trip to Nashville's cars and coffee and I the heat didn't want to work with or without the stop button switched.
    I added about a quart to mine on Saturday and drove in 32degree weather on the interstate and the heat was blazing.

ceb39 likes this.
  4. forgeahead

forgeahead F1 Rookie
    Owner

Sep 16, 2008
    Rocky Mount, NC
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I had a similar problem. I am assuming you are addressing a 360. My dealer told me that BOTH the buttons must be out (released) for the heat to work. I understand your point as the manual says that when the button is depressed, the a/c is off. That does not mean that the heat is on. Both buttons out and I get heat.
    Hey, it's Italian!

Ray

ceb39 and Keith Darby like this.
  5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Think of it as climate control. It is either on or off. If it is on you can heat and cool. If off, you get vent.

6. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    Assuming you are using the cprrect buttons it can mean you are low a coolant. Most cars have the heater go out of fluid before the engine itself. I am not sure about Ferrari specificaly.

Good luck

Lee

7. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Check the controls to be sure you have set them correctly, and as Lee stated, check your coolant level.

Does it blow at all, even cold air? It's just a temperture issue, correct?

8. jjsaustin

jjsaustin Formula Junior

May 11, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yes. This is how I understand it as well.

I think I have to turn my heat up to higher than one would think (78 or higher) to get the heat to come out as well.

-Jim

9. tonino ct

tonino ct Karting

Mar 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    tonino tony
    I released both bottom and I only get warm air. Last week was fine after mejor service and now this???? I also notice If I turn the dial To the feet position still blow from the top vent. Any idea anyone? It is a 360

10. Dewinator

Dewinator F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2017
    WA
    Mine always seems like I get lots of hot air if the top is up and none when the top is down. :/

11. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    Like Ray stated. Stop button depressed (light on) you will not have heat. Ignore the manual. I had made appointment to fix my heater until I read a post on ferrarichat that explained how to work HVAC. Manual is not correct.

Keith

ceb39 likes this.
  12. tonino ct

tonino ct Karting

Mar 1, 2018
    Full Name:
    tonino tony
    I shutdown the main switch 2-3 times. Reeboot the car and the heat was back on. Go figure

13. ceb39

ceb39 Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2012
    San Francisco Area
    Full Name:
    Chuck B
    Which fluid is used to heat, engine oil or coolant.

14. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    As far as I know, heaters are always coolant.

15. Keith Darby

Keith Darby Karting

Nov 12, 2017
    Full Name:
    Keith W. Darby
    Coolant.

16. unreelviper

unreelviper Karting

Jan 9, 2014
    DMV
    Full Name:
    Mike
    If there is not coolant in the reservoir, you will definitely not get any heat.

johnfe likes this.