2 pics of the new 2004 1/18 HW Ferraris | FerrariChat

2 pics of the new 2004 1/18 HW Ferraris

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Scott85, Nov 11, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    #1 Scott85, Nov 11, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    #2 Scott85, Nov 11, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Guaaoo I just see this models before but i did'nt see in that ocasion the 360 stradale. I just waiting for release !!!!

4. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    They are going to sell teh Ferrari Lusso too. Our collection is going to be happy !!!!

Ramon Ramirez
    Ferrari Collector
    Miami

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Mmmmmmmm, Stradale...

6. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    A 1/18 Lusso? No **** gi?
    I'm lining up for mine now.

Heck, at this rate I'm hoping and praying they get delirious and mint a Mondial 3.2 coupe!!

7. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    those wheels, on both cars, are terrible..it looks like we are back in the 1980's with Bburago quality.

8. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    yep, we make some place in the collection for new beauties....
    all in 1/18 : LUSSO + 166 BARCHETTA+ 360 STRADALE.....

BUT : WHAT IS THE FERRARI 460 ? Can anyone show me pics ? Thanks.

9. ferrarist

ferrarist Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Istanbul / TURKEY
    Full Name:
    I.K.
    Andrew don't you like Bburagos? Why do you prefer HWs?
    I have both Bburagos and HWs and i think Bburago is better in detail and build quality.

Izel

10. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    Both Bburago and HW suck when it comes to quality but unfortunately we are left with little choice. For the price though you can't go wrong. Maybe they will make a Dino GT4!

My favorite models for detail have got to be Exoto and Kyosho.

11. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Yes I agree, not the best, but I just scored a bunch for 9.99 each. I'm happy.

12. Ferrari118

Ferrari118 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Strasbourg, France
    Full Name:
    Stéphane
    they mean the new Ferrari, the 612 Scaglietti!

If you want a good quality (for 1/18 Models), you can buy by MDS or MG Model or Brianza or Miniland! each models for 200€...
    You will find the Lusso by Miniland (850 Euros)...

13. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    I don't understand why everyone puts Mattel down.

I know the name isn't as prestigious as the others at its level (Maisot, Bburago) but I prefer it to both of those by far. The detail might not be quite as high, but at least what is there is of high quality. Take paint for example. The paint on all my HW is nice, smooth, and consistent. Look the my Maistos or Bburagos and it looks like they were sprayed in one pass -- the door jams look like they were hit by overspray at best!!!

Luke.

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Izel

I used to like Bburagos and HW , but then i bought a gew Autoarts and Exotos and i dont want to go back :)

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2003
    Groningen
    Full Name:
    Bob Hagendijk
    Same here, only difference, I have no money for Autoart, so I stopped buying models. I'm thinking of selling the whole collection, or Save it for better days

16. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    This seems to be a general problem: started with Brumm (my collection is 1:43 only), then discovered Minichamps and now only buy BBR / ABC models.... Once you've discovered better quality it is very difficult to return to cheaper (and less detailed or poorer quality) models

17. rr1973

rr1973 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    DieCast Collector
    Full Name:
    Ramon Ramirez
    Fro some guys in this discussion :
    If you have money you can buy exotos and BBr for example. For other people are accesible only Hotwheels and Buragos .....
    Please if you a real collector you can accept differents models from anywhere !!!!

For me Hotwheels has been developing good products in those last years. But you can't compare a product hand made for some Constructors to a industrial production like Hotwheels ..

Anyway I'm Ferrari Collector and It's very fun for me collect cars !!!
    I'm very happy with my hobbie !!

Ramon
    Ferrari Collector
    Miami

18. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule

Ramon,
    I agree. I have well over a 1000 cars, some of everything from BBR to plastic Ferraris off of Ebay. I like to collect certain cars or types, so whoever makes it, that's what I get. Like a 1:18 512TR made by Mira. The quality is fine, but I can't find any other company that makes it, so I bought it.

Get what you want. Since none of us have unlimited money, collect for the enjoyment of learning about the cars you get. I'll buy the new Hot Wheels, and if the quality is poor, give it to Andreas to make better. His creations amaze me.

19. detltu

detltu Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Full Name:
    David Taylor
    Hot Wheels and Bburago are ok but autoart is definately much higher in quality and attention to detail. I buy the hot wheels mostly because of the price and they are readily available. Plus autoart doesn't make Ferrari models!

20. Ferrari118

Ferrari118 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Strasbourg, France
    Full Name:
    Stéphane
    Autoart haven't the right to make Ferrari! and don't forget Kyosho! good quality, better than HW or Bburago! OK they are expensiver (65€ ) but the price is ok for this quality!

21. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    UT used to make Ferrari models. I have a fantastic model of a silver 550. It's one of the better models I have. I've been searching high an low for another one but I doubt I'm going to fined it. Auto Art is worth the extra 20 bucks over a hot wheels car anyday. Even though I love Ferrari's, I will not fork out good money for an inferior product. espeacily now that Kyosho can make the models. I will wait for them to build the rest of the Ferrari's. Can you imagine what a Kyosho 288 GTO would be like? I you look at it this way save the money you were going to spend on the Hot Wheels cars,and use that money towards the better cars. You will have a good and high quality collection before you know it!! One you will take pride in..and know the the cars you have in display cases aren't the same ones you neighbors kid is blowing up with firecrackers!!

22. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Like most, I started with Bburago and then moved on to Hot Wheels out of necessity due to the licensing agreement. For me, the best compromise between build quality and price was UT. I have the UT 550 Maranello and the 355 Berlinetta and they're just so far above Bburago it isn't even funny.

Hot Wheels are darn good for the price but the one thing that bugs me is inconsistent build quality. I have a HW 575M that is just awesome, but I also have a HW F40 that is crap. Of course I continue searching for the HW 288GTO because it looks awesome in pictures (way better than my 3 Bburago 288GTOs).

Of course, if e.g. Kyosho got the licensing deal and made all the Ferraris available, we would eventually buy those too! :) We're like drug addicts and they know it.

23. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    tbakowsky,
    Is the UT 550 you are looking for 1:43 or 1:18? If it is 1:43, FoD has a bunch of them, but I suspect you want 1:18, since you mention Kyosho and the larger models.

Interesting that a few have mentioned the huge difference in Kyosho and Hot Wheels. The 308, 308QV, and Daytona made by Kyosho all have Hot Wheels written on the box, so there is a vaque line on Hot Wheels quality in general. Some are good (older ones) and some are very good (Kyosho/Hot Wheels boxed). Will the two models listed at the beginning of this thread be in Hot Wheels (made by Mattel) or Hot Wheels/Kyosho boxes (made by Kyosho)?

I still think the Mattel models are fine for putting on the shelf. There's no concourse judging at my house. Sure, others are higher quality and usually higher priced (and I have BBR, ABC, Kyosho, Auto Art), but I can't limit myself to only the best out there. If I did, I would only have a real 288 GTO in the garage and not a 328. Again, the guy with the unlimited money can narrow his brand choices, but until Ferrari gives their license to Auto Art, Kyosho, and the other "better" manufacturers, the car you want may only be available in a brand you don't like. Look how long it took to get a 308 in 1:18, and it is one of the highest production cars out there.

24. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Mule...I have the UT Ferrari 550. As far as mattel haveing anything to do with the quality of the Kyosho cars...well they have nothing to do with it. I have a prehot wheels licened BB512 by Kyosho..and it is amazing. In fact I think it is better then the Kyosho/Mattel model they have out now. Kyosho is not owned by Mattel they I beleive approched Mattel to share the licencing for the Ferrari models and mattel allowed them to bulid them(as far as I know). UT makes a good quality model as well but aren't UT and AuotArt one in the same? UT being the lesser detailed of the 2? I don't see too many UT models around anymore unless your looking for P-cars.

25. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I think UT and Minichamps are from the same company. The earliest 1:64 F1 cars were in "Micro Champs" boxes by UT. Ebay searches for Minichamps brings up a lot of UT models, and some of the dealers I know sell UT and Minichamps under the same headings. But Auto Art may be in the same loop also, since the boxes are similar.

I also have a 512 BBI from Kyosho (pre-Mattel) and the quality is great. All metal, no plastic hood or trunk. Very nice underside showing the exhaust and suspension.