308 caliper parts needed | FerrariChat

308 caliper parts needed

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by lou staller, Nov 30, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lou staller

lou staller Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    Can anyone reccomend a place I can get the 2 spacers, upper and lower, that are used on the ATE brakes on a 308? These are the spacers that fit between the front and rear halfs of the calipers where the 4 rubber seals go. I have found some corrosion on mine and while I have them apart I want to replace them. The Ferrari parts book shows them but doesn't include a ordering part number. I really don't want to buy a new caliper if I don't have to. Any suggestions?

2. Gianluca

Gianluca Formula Junior

May 6, 2003
    Centreville, Virgini
    Full Name:
    Gianluca Chegai
    Lou,
    the seal is the only portion that actually does the sealing. the rest is a just a spacer. If the seat of the seals are in good condition I would not worry about some corrosion on the spacer.
    It would be an easy job to machine new spacers, though.

3. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Lou,

Try giving a call to international auto (800-953-0813 www.international-auto.com). They do fiat and alfa parts. But some of these cars use the same ATE brakes as we do. Maybe they can help.

Dom

4. ricrain

ricrain Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Dallas Area
    Full Name:
    Ric
    Bead blast the offending surface (not the sealing surfaces) and have the whole piece plated with yellow cadmium. I get entire calipers sets (2 fronts; all 8 pieces) done locally for $80. ...then they're PURTY!

http://www.rainbolt.com/ferrari/tech/tn014.jpg

5. lou staller

lou staller Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2002
    Orange County Ca
    Full Name:
    Lou Staller
    My problem is in the area of the seal seat. It's not perfectly round any longer which I'm concerned will develop into a leak when I reassemble the 2 halves. If I can't locate a couple of replacement spacers I'll visit a friend that can do miracles with a tig/mig welder. He just might be able to lay a small bead which we can then clean up to a nice round seal seat. Sure would like to find someone that took off the old factory calipers and replaced them with Brembos or other after market ones. Anyone out there?

6. Rosacorsa

Rosacorsa Rookie

Dec 2, 2003
    have you tried contacting ted rutland i know he has taken more than a few apart and has spacers lying arround he may be willing to sell if you need the phone number just ask

7. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Search the old FerrariChat.com archives, I remember a couple of posts where Brembos had been installed.