355 Exhaust Manifold Advice Please | FerrariChat

355 Exhaust Manifold Advice Please

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Senna1994, Jul 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    My 95 355 had its Exhaust Manifolds replaced under warranty less than 2 years ago by FOC. Now once again the left Exhaust Manifold has a crack. I called FNA and have not received a call back. Once the Manifold is replaced is it still under warranty or is it too bad for me.

I have read the other posts regarding this issue and would like to find out if someone could please give me the information on QV Manifolds out of England.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Anthony,

I can't comment on the other "non-OEM" manifolds but I got tired of the OEM ones cracking on my Challenge car and got a Tubi system.

John Tirell of Independant Ferrari Service in Boston is a dealer for Tubi and provides first class advice. He is also a 95 F355 owner (Challenge).

If you need his number email me and I can get it for you.

I ran the Tubi headers with no problem. You will have to get a Tubi exhaust since the stock exhaust will not fit the headers.

These manifolds were run on two different 355 GT race cars at the 24 Hours of Daytona a few years back with no problems. If they can withstand 24 hours of abuse at 170+ I figured they would last a long time on my car.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

3. mondial86

mondial86 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    David Holmes
    From what ferrari of new eagland told me I think that the ferrari manifolds are covered for 7 years so if they crack every 2 or 5 or 6 years you get new ones.I did not want to deal with this so I used qv london and one of those was leaking from the start.the guys in london were great about it ,,said they had never had a problem ,I think one of the welds was not finished right. so I got a set of tubi headers and they (jon) do fit up to the factory cats and the rest of the system ,so far so good ,The first time I did the swap it took me about 10 hours the second time just short of 6 hours,,,I don't want to do it a third time
    DAVID

4. ART360

ART360 Guest

Don't screw around. Get the QVs.They don't crack.

Art

5. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Art, can you please let me know how much they cost and who to contact.

Thanks

Jon,

Thanks for the advice I am going to compare the Tubi and the QV and go from there. I already have a Tubi Exhaust.

Thanks,

Tony

6. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    http://www.hamletcg.co.uk/qv/qvimenu.htm

I just had mine rebuilt by QV for a fraction of the cost of factory replacements or Tubi replacements. The only downside is having to ship them to the UK.

-Michael

7. Dave_Car_Guy

Dave_Car_Guy Karting

Apr 24, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Tony,

I just got the Tubi headers as well as Hyperflow cats. They fit with the stock muffler, but since you already have the Tubi muffler, no sweat.

Tubi manifolds are about $4500-$4800 per pair. Hyperflow cats are about $2300 per pair (half the stock F-car OEM price). All polished stainless, cracking shouldn't be an issue.

-Dave

8. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Guys thank you all for your help. I am going to probably get the QV's and the hyperflow cats.

Thanks,
    Tony

9. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Can I live with the original production Cats if I have the QV repair?

10. Capt

Capt Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    North of Boston
    Full Name:
    Michael
    sure, i am. Although once the cats go I will either have them rebuilt with better flowing material or go to Hyper flows but why spend the money now if my cats are fine.

-Michael

11. Jam

Jam Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2004
    Aus-Asia
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Any idea where I might be able to get a pair of hyperflow cats, on line. The service centre has just informed me that the cats on my 355 will need replacing by the next service. Do they fit the stock muffler and headers?

Thanks Jam.

12. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Why not buy direct?

www.hyper-flow.com

At least I don't think they have a "buy through our distributors only" policy -- I know that Rutlands and Sodacom's are shown as distributors on the Hyper-Flow site (and both are obviously excellent F part sources), but I believe a small start-up company gets more of the $ on a direct buy.

13. Jam

Jam Formula Junior

Oct 4, 2004
    Aus-Asia
    Full Name:
    Jam
    Thanks 91tr I'll check it out. I live in Hong Kong so I hope they can deliver!

14. Aeroengineman

Aeroengineman Formula Junior

Oct 5, 2003
    Maple Valley, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Tegeler
    Hyperflow was out of stock on the 355s so they had a Ferrari dealer, Foreign Cars Italia in North Carolina send me theirs that they had in stock.