Anybody looking for 355, this might be a good one... | FerrariChat

Anybody looking for 355, this might be a good one...

Discussion in 'Europe' started by jbanzai, Nov 9, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
  2. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Hmmmmm..... Whats wrong with it I wonder??
    ;-)

3. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Julio where is the car supposed to be? I see the site is Mobile.de but the car looks US-spec with all the catadioptrics and orange turn signals.

Could it be a problem to buy it here in Europe if it's a US car? I think you're quite an expert in these matters... ;)

4. jbanzai

jbanzai Formula 3

Feb 1, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Full Name:
    Julio
    It deffenitly looks like a US spec. I won't ve surprised if the seller is a US citizen resident in Europe.

The buyer will have to pay all the taxes, depending on the country could be up to 38% in taxes.

Getting it as leagal should not be a problem as the SMOG regulations in US are way harder than here.

I had many problems with my 328, but it was only because I was a US resident and I had the legal rights not to pay taxes on my car on this import (according to the European regulation) however the Spain administration wasn't aware about the Europen regulatuions so I had to fight one by one each of the authorities, Customs, Tax Agency, and DGT and inform them. If I had documented every step and hired a KPMG lawyer I would had end paying 15.000 in taxes for a car that cost me 30000 US$ three years ago. I acctually end paying 280 Euros in taxes + my lawyer fee, 1500 Euros.

However if I were looking for a 355 I will give the owner a call. I have seen people selling their cars in a rush just because they have to move back to their home country. This could be one of those. Do not think bad without talking to the seller, oportunities still exists.

- Julio.

5. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    i know over here in belgium there are sometimes problems to import cars.
    The windows for example are sometimes USA specifications + headlights + seatbelts + fog light.....etc + taxes (21% over here)
    I don't know how it is now, but before it costs you a lot of money to change a 'cheap' imported USA car into an European one....in Belgium.

greetings, vincent

6. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi gents,

are you realy still working on THIS yellow 355????
    Hey, its a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The firm is in Italy, no phone, just mail and a friend of mine asked him via e-mail...no response.
    WHY, the hell should an italian dealer (wow, you have seen his frim name), display a Ferrari in Germany which is stored in the USA????

In the GD forum you will find some more infos about those dealers with always the same end....
    The rest of the story is very quick: You should send a deposite of 5K to his bank and........you will never ever see anything.
    Don`t know if this here is the same but it looks nonserious to me.

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI