Are you 'Burned Out' (or getting there?) | FerrariChat

Are you 'Burned Out' (or getting there?)

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Jul 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

How 'burned-out' are you with your work?

1. Feeling 'burned-out' is a long way out.

2. I think I will need a vacation in six months

3. I need to get out of my office pretty quick for a week

4. Time to go 'Postal'!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Just seeing how many of you are burned-out or are on the verge of burn-out with your work. Be it you make $50K or $500K+ a year, I think one reaches a point when you say "is this all worth it?"

I have always been a high-energy person. I know I need a vacation, but it always seems it will be in the middle of 'all hell breaking lose'. I could take a week off, but will have two weeks of hell to catch up on when I return! Half of me says 'F-it' and the other half says 'why bother'.

Replies would be really appreciated on this thread!

2. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    Peter,

Come out to Colorado with me. We'll blow off some steam, and have a nice drive.

If the felling persists for more than 4 months it's time to make a change. Everyone goes through tough periods, but if it lasts a change is needed IMO.

3. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

I'm taking a summer course where I have a mid-term every week for six weeks straight. I'm wondering why I haven't flipped my lid yet, but I certainly feel like going postal every once in awhile, but then I go walk on the beach and enjoy the various views and it all evaporates.

4. Feffman

Feffman Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    Gateway To The West
    Full Name:
    Feff
    I'm leaving Sunday for vacation AFTER Saturday's St. Louis Ferrari club track day. My real vacation is track time. HE HE!

Mark