Bolts & Screws | FerrariChat

Bolts & Screws

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Chiaro_Slag, Nov 4, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    What is the best site to order bolts and screws from? Also, how do you match up what you have to what you need to order?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

2. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    This isn't going to help you much, but for anyone in the UK I've found www.acornfasteners.co.uk is good. You can only order stainless fixings on-line but can get a catalogue for zinc plated and other materials. The stainless section of their website has some useful pics of the different fixings to help make sure you are ordering correctly. I believe acorn are oem suppliers to several UK car manufacturers including TVR. There must be a similar company in the US.

Steve

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks Steve - I guess my biggest question is how to make sure I am getting the right size screw. For example I brought several old screws I wanted to replace on my 328 to Home Depot and Pep Boys (Mostly misc interior screws from the door, mirrors, etc.). The problem was I couldn't really find the right screws there that matched.

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Aircraft Spruce has $h!t-loads of nuts and bolts and other fasteners.

Drilled/undrilled : cadminum plated/stainless : and shank length : high strength (aircraft high strength) : close tollerance.

All sorts of nuts, washers,.....

5. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    I took all of my nuts, bolts, screws, washers ect and had them replated as per original specs. you get a much better job if you clean them on a wire brush first. This way you ensure that you have original pieces and they look as good as new.

daytonaman likes this.
  6. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Try PEGASUS. www.pegasusautoracing.com

Tom