[DFW] OT: Recommend a house remodeller / sheetrock / etc. | FerrariChat

[DFW] OT: Recommend a house remodeller / sheetrock / etc.

Discussion in 'Texas' started by Brian C. Stradale, Jan 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I have some water damage in my house... I need sheetrock, tape, bed, paint, wallpaper, mouldings.

I also need to get some chimney caps installed and have some doors repaired.

Finally, I need to have an electrician check out my electricity... I seem to go through lights and surge suppressors at an alarming rate.

Have any of you used some people you have liked... good, quality work???

Thanks.

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Brian, my mother in law is a designer/builder/contracter. Not much on a large scale, but she could probably help you at a very reasonable price. She can help you with the sheetrock/tape/bed/paint and probably mouldings. Not sure about the paper, chimney, or electric. I have many friends that have recently redone houses and may have some names and numbers, I'll ask around.

I'll PM you my MIL's name and number.

3. geronimo

geronimo Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    geronimo

alltrades

4. Lucky Larry

Lucky Larry Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    Brian, have you found anyone to help you with your house yet?

5. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Well, I've called a couple to get bids... but I haven't selected anyone yet.

6. Lucky Larry

Lucky Larry Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Frisco, Texas
    The reason I asked is because my sons can do many of the things you mention and then some. People who have seen our remodeling, tile, and marble work are very complimentary of their capabilities. They both work regular jobs, but do this kind of work on the side. Because they both have regular jobs they may not always get done as fast as someone else, but when the work is done it will have been done correctly
    , and believe me having the job done right and honestly is worth a very greart deal, and they will not take on a job they feel they cannot accomplish to the customers satisfaction.

Feel free to call me if you would like to contact them and have them give you a bid.

972-931-2026 Work #