Ferrari 488 PISTA or GT2 RS | FerrariChat

Ferrari 488 PISTA or GT2 RS

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by carzilike, Mar 16, 2018.

Tags:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

488 PISTA OR GT2 RS

Poll closed Mar 31, 2018.
  1. 488

82.1%
  2. GT2

17.9%
  1. carzilike

carzilike Karting

Mar 3, 2016
    North America
    Full Name:
    MMG
    Is it worth paying 6 figures over MSRP for one? I don't know if the market will hold on these.
    It's either this or the GT2 RS, not sure which way to go but both will cost me 6 figures over MSRP.
    Looking for advice!

2. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    In both cases, none of these cars is a limited edition, so you have to focus for what use do you want it. I've a feeling that the GT2 RS will be more comfortable for a daily than the 488 Pista.

3. carzilike

carzilike Karting

Mar 3, 2016
    North America
    Full Name:
    MMG
    I'm hearing both cars are limited to 1000 cars? I doubt they will over produce either model. What makes you say the GT2 will be more comfortable?

4. Enzo91

Enzo91 Rookie

Aug 11, 2016
    Hey Ferrari enthusiasts on this Ferrari forum, do you prefer this new Ferrari or that Porsche?

Do you really even have to ask?

Boomhauer and Formula Uno like this.
  5. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    IMO, not sure either car is worth 6 figures over MSRP? But I also would assume the GT2 RS would be the more comfortable DD. But then when spending that much with the dealer surcharge would you really DD the car?

If both cars are limited editions I would assume the Fcar would hold its value more than the Pcar. While owning more Pcars I would likely opt for the 488 Pista even though I don’t care for that name.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  6. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    The chassis and the suspension set up is a little bit i wouldn't say softer but more 'easy' for daily use than Pista's. I've driven a GT2 RS and i recently had a conversation with a journalist and he said that in the car's presentation the impression he had about the Pista was that it's too hardcore for daily use.

7. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I know for sure the the 488 Pista in NOT limited to 1000 units .. I have been told that by two dealers .. re the GT2RS Porsche has not claimed that this version will be limited ... so not really sure about that ...
    TO me I would not pay six figures over list for either ..

8. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    GT2RS is not officially limited but in reality is, with a small daily production (3-5) and less then a year, the real number expected is 1000 units indeed.
    For personal use it would come to personal preference as both cars are very, very special, as investment though, the Porsche has a better potential, IMO.

LARRYH likes this.
  9. Mikael-F360

Mikael-F360 Formula Junior

Apr 3, 2017
    Finland
    Full Name:
    Mikael E.
    It is true that asking "Do you like Ferraris over Porsches" here is pretty much the same thing than going into a strip club and asking people if they like boobs.

10. carzilike

carzilike Karting

Mar 3, 2016
    North America
    Full Name:
    MMG
    I'm basing my decision on Production numbers. I like both cars and am leaning towards the Pista given the looks are superior to the Porsche and I'm sure it sounds amazing in comparison as well. Thank you all for your 2 cents!

11. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Maybe it's just me, but I think it's a no-brainer and go for the Pista. The 488 Pista is an exotic car. The GT2 RS, while very fast, is one of a couple dozen variants of the 911 and is not an exotic car. At least that's the way I look at it.

If you're interested in a track car mainly, then get a GT3 RS. I'm assuming the GT2 RS vs Pista is more of a special occasion/collector purchase.

carzilike, stavura and 95spiderman like this.
  12. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Not worth 6 fig over unless you are so liquid you count your cash by volume.

I think they will drop to around msrp by end of next year.

howydo and carzilike like this.
  13. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  14. TheDiffuser

TheDiffuser Formula Junior

Nov 11, 2017
    Full Name:
    The Diffuser
  15. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I would take the Porsche. I think the Pista will be too fast to be enjoyable in this world. The RS is more fun. I already had that with the standard 488. Too fast. Counties disappear in the blink of an eye.

16. carzilike

carzilike Karting

Mar 3, 2016
    North America
    Full Name:
    MMG
    Has anyone paid over 6 figures to secure an allocation for either of these cars? I'm not thinking its maybe a little too much after asking around and hearing that most people think these values will not hold for much longer than first few months. If you look at the 458 Speciale, it has finally come down to MSRP but the Aperta still goes for way way way over MSRP.

17. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I love the Pista. I love it, it's the best looking Ferrari since the F12TDF for me, great balance of purposeful and pretty. I'd take it any day over another limited edition 911.

Bas, NEP and stavura like this.
  18. carzilike

carzilike Karting

Mar 3, 2016
    North America
    Full Name:
    MMG
    GOING WITH PISTA :cool:

19. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    If I am stroking the check,... i'd buy a 458 Speciale.

But of the choice you give,... Pista with the CF wheels. Not even close.

Bas likes this.
  20. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Picking up a new (ordered) Lusso for wife in June/July and getting the GT2RS in September.
    Could get the Pista, no appeal to me, hard to explain but I have absolutely zero desire for that car.

mikesufka likes this.
  21. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I love the Pista, but the noise of the Speciale and that engine....**** for price of a Pista (when you need to pay extra to get slot) can find a Speciale Aperta I'm sure....

22. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Aperta is ~$700K USD. The Pista wont be that much in the US.

23. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas

Ah ok. Seen them a lot cheaper in EU